HipstaPaks FIRST FRIDAY - AUGUST - Roswell Hipstapak

Populuxe

MobiAddict
Real Name
Kent Kangley
Device
iPhone15
Moab, Valley of the Sun, and now Roswell. Seems like the Hipstamatic people have been spending a lot of time in the desert southwest lately.

Roswell Hipstapak: The Truth Is Out There.

McMinnville Lens: Green color shift. An alien hue saturates your prints when you utilize this extraterrestrial lens.

TICTAC 04 Film: Black Classified Matte. This classified film adds an air of mystery to your photos. Confiscated from US Govt.

Photos by Lucas Buick

Last edited:
'I want to Believe' - Hmmm - still not sure about this one, can't say i have a green cast to my shots, more a dirty violet. I'm sure the lens will be useful for the more abstract shots, with its black inclusions down the sides, but so far i'm undecided. Only tried it indoors so far, as unlike the desert, its raining heavily here in the U.K! On the plus side, I can't really complain for 89p!

HCNO2432[1].JPG
MMRP2400[1].JPG
BTCEE6649[1].JPG

'I want to Believe' - Hmmm - still not sure about this one, can't say i have a green cast to my shots, more a dirty violet. I'm sure the lens will be useful for the more abstract shots, with its black inclusions down the sides, but so far i'm undecided. Only tried it indoors so far, as unlike the desert, its raining heavily here in the U.K! On the plus side, I can't really complain for 89p!

View attachment 169747View attachment 169748View attachment 169749
Yes, I see what you mean Bill. After lkbside Leslie mentioned it ages ago, I usually try these new paks out with different flashes or, depending on the effect, swapping films or lenses. Some of the paks seem really way out until you start messing with them.

View attachment 169747View attachment 169748View attachment 169749
I quite like it, way better than Fimo's latest effort.

Edit......I didn't realise the big black stickers were part of the film............backing away slowly :D

Last edited:
It’s a strange look, but for someone addicted to layering and generally messing things up I have apps dedicated to getting a wrinkled or ripped look and I’m always adding lettering. This combo is worth a look for me.

It’s a strange look, but for someone addicted to layering and generally messing things up I have apps dedicated to getting a wrinkled or ripped look and I’m always adding lettering. This combo is worth a look for me.
Yes. This is the basis of the pak without the frame and with another lens (I think).

7ECAE889-53DB-461D-A516-E1AAA34747DC.jpeg

Trying a few things out here.

Citroën DS23 in some light snow. I think it works here.

I tried it on this little local sandwich shop which has been around for several decades. The photo was taken through a car window and is slightly out of focus, but I thought the Roswell pak might give it a mysterious vibe. “What is this little building and why is the government photographing it?” I don’t think it worked.

Mount Baker from a couple weeks ago. I like the color effects, but the border text blocks make the photo a little unbalanced.

Trying a few things out here.

Citroën DS23 in some light snow. I think it works here.

I tried it on this little local sandwich shop which has been around for several decades. The photo was taken through a car window and is slightly out of focus, but I thought the Roswell pak might give it a mysterious vibe. “What is this little building and why is the government photographing it?” I don’t think it worked.

Mount Baker from a couple weeks ago. I like the color effects, but the border text blocks make the photo a little unbalanced.
Good efforts, I particularly like the Citroen.

I sure don't know. Have other of the Hipsta Pack threads images shown up or it just this time around?
I can't remember to be honest, I just thought we are missing out on some nice original images. Maybe its because the usual first image is just a stock image?
As you know I'm a big fan of the front page, but everyone looks at Mobitog in a different way :rolleyes: , maybe its not necessary, but my idea of a photographic site is to see lots of fine images on the front page.

I can't remember to be honest, I just thought we are missing out on some nice original images. Maybe its because the usual first image is just a stock image?
As you know I'm a big fan of the front page, but everyone looks at Mobitog in a different way :rolleyes: , maybe its not necessary, but my idea of a photographic site is to see lots of fine images on the front page.
I have been trying to remember to look at the front page first. It’s fun to see an image and guess whose it is.

Maybe someone with higher clearance than me will come along and explain why these Hipsta images don‘t show up on the front page. Venomator ? Smooth ?

I agree. I look at the images at the top first and if one looks appealing I’m right on it.

Take a screenshot and make a background :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom