HipstaPaks FIRST FRIDAY - APRIL - CORKTOWN HipstaPak

I do that at the weekend Rog ;)
:lol: But don’t forget to remove the pearls and the nail varnish before Monday! You may laugh, but someone where I worked in British Aerospace (many years ago - before “trans” was a thing) came in to work on a Monday still wearing the pearls and the varnish that he’d worn with his dress at the weekend. A least likely candidate for dressing up in women’s clothing it would be difficult to imagine. He smoked a pipe for a start!!

You know how much I love Hipstamatic. Fool that I am I thought this new pak looked interesting. I bought it! Will I ever learn? I liked the musical theme. I might have preferred the Miles TMax film to be called Miles to the Max. I thought the sample photos looked a bit lacklustre. Tired and sad. It says something in the promo about the look of summer. Then in one of the city sample photos there’s a guy walking away wearing a heavy coat. I’ll give it a try.
However, there’s one thing I can’t abide and that is fake light leaks. Well, OK, I’m not a fan of fake lens flare either, or real lens flare for that matter. I hope there is some way to circumvent them.

I know. After spending years trying to avoid them, it's hard to adjust. :lmao:
It’s hard to imagine many situation that would make light leaks. One is in cameras so poorly made that the pieces don’t fit together very well, as in the old plastic Diana cameras. But once you put a piece of black tape over the gap the light leak problem was cured. Likewise, with an antique bellows camera the bellows would sometimes develop pinhole leaks at the flex points when the leather got old and cracked, but those were easily fixed with some black patch on the inside of the bellows.

Aside from those two, I have never seen a camera that had a light leak and that includes hundreds of old cameras I repaired over the years. You could perhaps create a light leak in a camera by backing over it with a car tire or dropping it from a 5 story building. Fortunately there aren’t any building here taller than 2 stories.

Another way to have a light leak is to have someone open the Darkroom door while you are putting film into the developing tank. That’s why Darkroom doors have locks.
Then there’s accidentally opening the back of a 35mm camera before rewinding the film, oops! That would be more like a total loss, not just some little patches of light here and there.

Back
Top Bottom