HipstaPaks FIRST FRIDAY - JUNE - Cabbagetown Hipstapak

Populuxe

MobiAddict
Real Name
Kent Kangley
Device
iPhone15
Cabbagetown Hipstapak - Atlanta returns

Alexander 35 lens - Style: desaturated low contrast. This clean lens adds vintage low contrast and desaturation to your image. Made in Atlanta.

Bluegrass 14 film - Style: expired color variations. An expired film left out in the hot Atlanta sun for too long, this film produces wildly unexpected results with many color variations.

Both the lens and film look promising. Below photos by me.

Resonator Guitar

Harold’s Auto Rebuild

Cabbagetown Hipstapak - Atlanta returns

Alexander 35 lens - Style: desaturated low contrast. This clean lens adds vintage low contrast and desaturation to your image. Made in Atlanta.

Bluegrass 14 film - Style: expired color variations. An expired film left out in the hot Atlanta sun for too long, this film produces wildly unexpected results with many color variations.

Both the lens and film look promising. Below photos by me.

Resonator Guitar

Harold’s Auto Rebuild
That last image makes me want to try hipsta. If I remember right though, I used to have a shutter lag using it. not so god for street photography when you have a comatosed finger like me :D

That last image makes me want to try hipsta. If I remember right though, I used to have a shutter lag using it. not so god for street photography when you have a comatosed finger like me :D
I occasionally “fire up” the classic app but it freezes up or flips upside down at the most in opportune times so I mainly stick to the HipstaX these days

You can always just shoot with the native camera and then import into Hipsta direct. I very rarely shoot from within the app. It does have the advantage of saving in RAW format though.

I’ve gone back to Classic. Don’t have to wait for the latest films and lenses to make their way down to X, and Classic saves an unedited copy of the photo to work with later. I still use X daily, but it’s just to keep the daily photo stamp streak going. Get up, take one photo with X, put it away and use Classic for the rest of the day.

Last edited:
I’ve gone back to Classic. Don’t have to wait for the latest films and lenses to make their way down to X, and Classic saves an unedited copy of the photo to work with later. i still use X daily, but it’s just to keep the daily photo stamp streak going. Get up, take one photo with X, put it away and use Classic for the rest of the day.
I used to do that, but as I refuse to pay a subscription for stuff I already have, it wont let me see the stamps or awards I get for taking photos, so Ive given up on it.

I like HipstaX better also. I use the classic only for edits, usually playing with the “random” button.
Did you know the “Rando” camera in HipstaX does the same
72C4C544-7346-4CF2-9767-39FC12586470.png

I’ve gone back to Classic. Don’t have to wait for the latest films and lenses to make their way down to X, and Classic saves an unedited copy of the photo to work with later. i still use X daily, but it’s just to keep the daily photo stamp streak going. Get up, take one photo with X, put it away and use Classic for the rest of the day.
That’s occasionally what I do especially if I intend to spend the rest of the day shooting with the native camera which I often do. I agree with you about waiting for latest Paks but to me that’s a minor issue as the latest ones have been a bit blah.

Did you know the “Rando” camera in HipstaX does the same View attachment 181353
I do know that and occasionally mess with it. But, what I like about HipstaX is I have limited myself to 20 cameras and I have named them with clues to what the results are. “Favorite Orange”, “blurry blue” and the like. If I want to add one, I delete one. It’s almost got me understanding some of the films and lenses. When I random in the classic Hipsta, it’s because I have time on my hands and don’t know exactly what I want to do with an image.

I’m not a fan of light leaks so the film isn’t going to be something I’ll use, although if you shake it enough on some photos it’s ok. I do like the lens. Alexander plus Bluegrass. (Next post with other films. )
D4079515-D3E7-4155-B667-8BD9F499F45C.jpeg
695B050A-FD41-4E1D-A5CC-8CA9F422831D.jpeg
B3FA2001-F006-41E1-B199-69846464FD35.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom