HipstaPaks FIRST FRIDAY - March 2019 - HÖFN HipstaPak

They look great. Who holds up a newspaper like that - only a person who is either a) not wanting to be photographed or b) has watched an old film where a person hides behind a newspaper when they are tailing someone.:lol:

Maybe the word is out at Geek1956 Kevin’s local liquor store: ‘First Friday of the month, don’t catch the attention of
the guy taking pics of the wine’

*I tend to agree with you - although I hold out hope every first Friday of the month ! **Sorry to be off topic a bit - I believe the whole "toy camera" , "grunge look" "over the top frames, etc. craze of a few years ago has given way to cleaner , more realistic renderings due mainly to improved smart phone technology . Mainly because the image quality from iPhone 6 onward (especially iPhone 8 & iPhone X) are so superior in quality to what we used to have - they now compete with DSLR image quality (on certain levels) ... Back when I was using a iPhone 3S with early Hipstamatic I believe you were smart to embrace the toy / grunge , etc. look because the iPhone image quality was not that good , so might as well "blow it out" to the extreme ...Now I tend to reach for a Lowy combo (or similar) in color versus say Alfred Infrared as well as any of the early B&W combo's (minus the frames as required) - thus my combos have been reduced a good bit accordingly ... I must becoming a "pictorialist" in my advancing , "get off my lawn" age . Conversely , I believe "ikbside" here hung the moon and I continue to be amazed with her eye for subjects matched with ideal combos she is able to come up with - simply wonderful !
Awww! Aren’t you sweet.

I absolutely LOVE this pak. It’s not surprising because I’m a big fan of turquoise. Only discovered it when I started doing arty things. It was a surprise because it’s not a colour I wear.

Pak with Apollo flash
B74D0221-B3F0-42DA-B7C4-CAB29D375678.jpeg

*Once more chiming in from the colonies : I would like this pak better with predominantly darker colors and less highlights ( due to shooting reversal slide film for so many years - I can't rid my compulsion of always trying to save highlights from getting blown out ) .

*Once more chiming in from the colonies : I would like this pak better with predominantly darker colors and less highlights ( due to shooting reversal slide film for so many years - I can't rid my compulsion of always trying to save highlights from getting blown out ) .
Are you posting some of your images on MobiTog Chris, I can't seem to find any?

Back
Top Bottom