HipstaPaks FIRST FRIDAY - MAY - Trivandrum HipstaPak

Populuxe

MobiAddict
Real Name
Kent Kangley
Device
iPhone15
From Wikipedia: "Thiruvananthapuram , formerly known as Trivandrum is the capital of the Indian state of Kerala. Referred to by Mahatma Gandhi as the "Evergreen city of India", the city is characterized by its undulating terrain of low coastal hills."

From the Hipstamatic Gear Page, "The beauty of Kerala."
trivandrum.png

Kaimal Mark III Lens: Warm soft focus. The third generation of the Kaimal lens, with fine quality and careful craft. Made in India. (I don't remember there being a Mark I, just Mark II and this. Maybe it was a prototype lens from the early days of Hipstamatic that never got released.)
kaimal3-package.png
kaimal3.png

Mundu ST film. Grainy warmth. Complimenting any Malayali is this grainy warm film. Best enjoyed with the Kaimal Mk 3 lens.
mundu-package.png
mundu.png

Unfortunately there are no sample photos yet, and I get "This product is not yet available" when I try to get it from the app.

From Wikipedia: "Thiruvananthapuram , formerly known as Trivandrum is the capital of the Indian state of Kerala. Referred to by Mahatma Gandhi as the "Evergreen city of India", the city is characterized by its undulating terrain of low coastal hills."

From the Hipstamatic Gear Page, "The beauty of Kerala."
View attachment 192243

Kaimal Mark III Lens: Warm soft focus. The third generation of the Kaimal lens, with fine quality and careful craft. Made in India. (I don't remember there being a Mark I, just Mark II and this. Maybe it was a prototype lens from the early days of Hipstamatic that never got released.)
View attachment 192241View attachment 192242
Mundu ST film. Grainy warmth. Complimenting any Malayali is this grainy warm film. Best enjoyed with the Kaimal Mk 3 lens.
View attachment 192239View attachment 192240

Unfortunately there are no sample photos yet, and I get "This product is not yet available" when I try to get it from the app.
I do hope its not another one with a harsh colour cast or silly marks on the film

Hi! Has anyone been able to purchase it in Classic yet? I’m still getting the unavailable message.

Hi! Has anyone been able to purchase it in Classic yet? I’m still getting the unavailable message.
Hi Carrie!!! And welcome to Mobitog! I am also getting the unavailable message, but then I’m not a Hipsta wizard. WOTANICUS lkbside Populuxe have you been able to access it?

Still unavailable here. It is the normal case that new gear appears in “featured” many days or even weeks later. So I always look unter “search” or “my gear”. That works better. The “Trivandrum HipstaPak” is listed in my gear/all paks, but ist not available. And it is not listed in “my gear”. Hipstamatic seems to focus only on that new crappy X thing.

Hi Carrie!!! And welcome to Mobitog! I am also getting the unavailable message, but then I’m not a Hipsta wizard. WOTANICUS lkbside Populuxe have you been able to access it?
Still no joy here, ive even emailed support, who are usually pretty quick to respond, but nothing. Its been visible on the Gear page for several days, but looks like they have yet to release it into the wild.

Well - its arrived after a slight hiatus and I have to say I am impressed and more than a little relieved. The pak seems to favour a pleasant bottle green cast and subtlely alters the yellows in an image. No weird leaks, inclusions or edge effects to be seen so far - but ive only had it ten minutes - but I think it will sit well with more ethnic or boho themes with lots of texture and colour. Going to try each part individually now and see what its strengths are..
HipstamaticPhoto-705224889.171309.jpeg
HipstamaticPhoto-705224928.102974.jpeg
HipstamaticPhoto-705224948.919435.jpeg

Just a quick shot of a Honda Goldwing in the parking lot of my local Safeway. In addition to the green tint, it looks like reds get shifted a bit to orange.
View attachment 192386

View attachment 192385
I'm quite taken with it. I really deepens dark blues and moves light ones into aquamarine. I thought it would work well on landscapes, but some of the greenery goes almost into flourescent green.

The Hipstamatic Gear Page has been updated with sample images. All are credited to Mario Estrada.

trivandrum-mario-1-5edf74fd-901a-4a9e-8a92-4bd3ca582cd2.jpeg

trivandrum-mario-2-93eb5f9e-3fb5-446f-8185-38df475ad712.jpeg

trivandrum-mario-3-45fa9337-03a2-4f43-907d-ea7c912445b8.jpeg

trivandrum-mario-4-d6c54193-c81b-491d-94bd-d6f7273327e4.jpeg

trivandrum-mario-5-4101c3e4-c826-4d89-bb96-af0be0f362ce.jpeg

The green and orange color aberrations make sense once you look the flag of India.
Flag_of_India.svg.png

Back
Top Bottom