Lens = Cinzano 36

Green(ish) too... :D

THANK YOU Leslie (lkbside !)... :notworthy:

28AEFD39-D3FE-4F0D-B32F-F7D56F50B558.png

99FDD350-ACEA-412D-8ED6-FA5C8CAEB71F.png

B82BABFE-88A8-4103-944C-AF5B990B2BC6.png

7B433390-157A-445C-8DC6-BA6045F9714C.png

I like it!

A tip from my first experiments; If you want to tone down the green and heavy vingnette and brighten it up a bit, move the film slider a little to the left. Triple Crown improves the overall look
F13550D6-8681-41E4-8D7C-EDB04C5A750A.jpeg
54FAF229-35C7-4A6E-9DF3-8E8F54ED1468.jpeg
F4E55E61-84C8-4532-BA86-A3856EA35523.jpeg
too.

Good with fall colors. And red!

View attachment 116399

View attachment 116400
I like this pak, although, as always it’s not one for every photo. This image was a bit dark in the centre, so I thought the new pak might give it some umph. I think it works.
Hmmm first one in a while I've liked the look of. My 99p may be in peril this month :lol:
Although I'm not sure I like that heavy line, the vignette probably, that runs from the candle up, visible in Leslie's pool hall photo too.

So I fired up Hipstamatic and went to look at the new pack. The sample photos were dreadful! Why would I ever want to do that to my photos? But what the heck. Only $1.39. I’ve seen some interesting results already in this thread by lkbside. She really has the knack for Hipstamatic.

I could use some lessons/pointers. Where is that “lkbside’s Guide to Hipstamatic”?

As it is, I go out and make some photos, well lots, with different combos, and I think something in there is bound to be interesting. But when I review what I shot I go blaa and blech and yuck. And delete almost every shot. And then I wonder why I saved those last few. I have systematically deleted combos that consistently produce garbage results. The thing is finding situations that work well with the combos I have.

I guess, as GroovyGouvy says, I need to photograph without any expectations. But I can’t help it. I see something and I immediately have visions of candy canes and sugar plumb fairies and what I get is sludge and mud. Worst of all - the dreaded burned out highlights. I can deal with all sorts of things in my photos but burned out highlights is just plain trash.

I think I’ve said it before but the biggest thing Hipstamatic needs is live preview. That would make all the difference. I have lots of fun using other wacky apps that have live preview, like aremaC. Being able to see the preview you can really work with the effect, interact with the subject to make the best use of it. Also, when you see in the preview that it isn’t a good match for my scene I can save time and just move on to another preset. In Hipstamatic when you select a new combo you see a sample image and I think, well that looks pretty good. It should work well for this scene. But what I get is nothing like the effect shown in the sample. Of course I don’t know what the original scene looked like to arrive at that result.

Years ago I used to go out and photograph things and if I got a good representation of what I saw I was happy enough. Not any more. What I see gives me ideas of what I would like it to look like. I’m not that interested in reality. I want more than I can see with my eyes, certainly not less. I almost always feel Hipstamatic gives me less.

So I fired up Hipstamatic and went to look at the new pack. The sample photos were dreadful! Why would I ever want to do that to my photos? But what the heck. Only $1.39. I’ve seen some interesting results already in this thread by lkbside. She really has the knack for Hipstamatic.

I could use some lessons/pointers. Where is that “lkbside’s Guide to Hipstamatic”?

As it is, I go out and make some photos, well lots, with different combos, and I think something in there is bound to be interesting. But when I review what I shot I go blaa and blech and yuck. And delete almost every shot. And then I wonder why I saved those last few. I have systematically deleted combos that consistently produce garbage results. The thing is finding situations that work well with the combos I have.

I guess, as GroovyGouvy says, I need to photograph without any expectations. But I can’t help it. I see something and I immediately have visions of candy canes and sugar plumb fairies and what I get is sludge and mud. Worst of all - the dreaded burned out highlights. I can deal with all sorts of things in my photos but burned out highlights is just plain trash.

I think I’ve said it before but the biggest thing Hipstamatic needs is live preview. That would make all the difference. I have lots of fun using other wacky apps that have live preview, like aremaC. Being able to see the preview you can really work with the effect, interact with the subject to make the best use of it. Also, when you see in the preview that it isn’t a good match for my scene I can save time and just move on to another preset. In Hipstamatic when you select a new combo you see a sample image and I think, well that looks pretty good. It should work well for this scene. But what I get is nothing like the effect shown in the sample. Of course I don’t know what the original scene looked like to arrive at that result.

Years ago I used to go out and photograph things and if I got a good representation of what I saw I was happy enough. Not any more. What I see gives me ideas of what I would like it to look like. I’m not that interested in reality. I want more than I can see with my eyes, certainly not less. I almost always feel Hipstamatic gives me less.

You’re giving all the reasons why you don’t like Hipstamatic Brian, so what I would say is, don’t use it. Why do you keep trying when you don’t like the results? As you say, you get great results from other apps, so stop torturing yourself, save money, and avoid Hipstamatic. Simple.

You’re giving all the reasons why you don’t like Hipstamatic Brian, so what I would say is, don’t use it. Why do you keep trying when you don’t like the results? As you say, you get great results from other apps, so stop torturing yourself, save money, and avoid Hipstamatic. Simple.
Now that would be too sensible. Actually it bugs me that other people get good results from hipstamatic and I don’t. If I work at it long enough I might get it.

So, if I shoot using Hipstamatic, I always just shoot with Jane/inas35/TripleCrown or Lowy/Inas35/TripleCrown. Then I edit only if the photo is ok and worthy of working with. Otherwise delete.

I tried shooting with this new combo and the results were horrible. It takes a certain subject/scene for that film to work at all, but the lens works with a lot of options. That’s pretty much always the case with a new pak, one part is ok, the other not.

The Facebook group Hipsta 365 is a great resource. As is hipstography.com. People are always coming up with great combos and ideas.

Back
Top Bottom