HipstaPaks FIRST FRIDAY - NOVEMBER - WYNWOOD HIPSTAPAK

Populuxe

MobiAddict
Real Name
Kent Kangley
Device
iPhone15
Hipstamatic's gear page has been updated.

Wynwood Hipstapak - "Neon Nights."

Neo-Noir 83 film - "Neon color shifts and subtle grain characterize this film. Made in Miami."

Peña lens - "This low-contrast lens adds a subtle out-of-focus effect."

Unfortunately there are not yet any preview pics to see how it looks. A Google search says this about Miami's Wynwood neighborhood: "Known for its many colorful murals, Wynwood is one of the city’s most happening districts. Wynwood Walls is an outdoor museum showcasing large-scale works by some of the world’s best-known street artists. The surrounding streets have converted warehouses housing craft breweries and funky art galleries. A hip young crowd frequents the neighborhood’s chic clothing boutiques, stylish bistros and late-night bars." The neighborhood is not fat from Miami Beach, essentially on the southeast corner of I-95 and I-195.

I don't see it in my phone yet. I'll update with sample pics as soon as they become available.

Here are the photos from the Hipstamatic page showing the combo in action:

Here's a photo of my own. I've included the unedited version of the photo for comparison's sake.

I haven't had a lot of time to test this combo out. Hopefully this next weekend.

I rarely ever buy new combos , these days they all seem to be more about generating income. I continue to use the “old” classics like Jane, JohnS, Innas film, all the Blackey bnw films are good and I like the Capetown and Foodie combos. Since I paid for membership with HipstaX they’re all free anyway

Wow... the filter is marvelous with this image. I might even get this (except I always forget to use Hipstamatic!)
Honestly, Hipstamatic (and HipstaX) are the only apps I use. A lot of people here are simply amazing at creating images using a slew of different apps to get just the image they like. I don't have that kind of skill. I'm more about having fun with this one app and seeing what kind of combos I can come up with and then sharing what I find.

Honestly, Hipstamatic (and HipstaX) are the only apps I use. A lot of people here are simply amazing at creating images using a slew of different apps to get just the image they like. I don't have that kind of skill. I'm more about having fun with this one app and seeing what kind of combos I can come up with and then sharing what I find.
Sounds a bit like me, I’m not that much into editing although I can understand people who are.

Nice pix. Still need to work up some edits. I did discover that Peña works with BW films.
Peña - Frutiger - TripleCrown

606E3F91-0B87-4436-804D-FB64A405B4BF.jpeg

I agree but i was thinking of applying a filter as distinct from the steps involved in doing individual corrections (i.e contrast, shadows etc) using, say, snapseed
No I totally get what you're saying, I was just musing aloud. We used to have a challenge where the only rule was NO edit whatsoever.
So there was a great debate over Hipstamatic being as shot, unedited. But the general consensus was, Hipsta was an edit in itself so wasn't allowed, which I had to agree with.

I really like these tones. I’m not sure how much they are down to the filter. Leslie?
Here are pix with no filter or adjustments - used standard flash on 1 and 3 - no flash on #2, but increased the exposure on that one. (Matches). I think just using the combo results in rather dark images so I lightened them up with the std flash and exposure slider / in general I’ve found it’s good with greens, reds, oranges, yellows

D01F64D8-E506-4C08-A417-728B6D2C0792.jpeg
55EB51A6-9B2C-48D6-AB7D-2C37B158FF14.jpeg
E7FDDF9F-4E5D-406E-AE12-6FEC7E86FD74.jpeg
screenshots

Last edited:
Here are pix with no filter or adjustments - used standard flash on 1 and 3 - no flash on #2, but increased the exposure on that one. (Matches). I think just using the combo results in rather dark images so I lightened them up with the std flash and exposure slider / in general I’ve found it’s good with greens, reds, oranges, yellows

View attachment 162099View attachment 162100View attachment 162101screenshots
Wow, the filter completely transformed these!

Back
Top Bottom