HipstaPaks FIRST FRIDAY - SEPTEMBER - Impressionist Snappak

Populuxe

MobiAddict
Real Name
Kent Kangley
Device
iPhone15
Impressionist Snappak. Capturing light.

Claude almost certainly refers to Claude Monet, one of the greatest artists of the Impressionist movement. Guerbois likely refers to Café Guerbois in Paris, a popular meeting place of the Parisian bohèmes in the late 19th century, including Claude Monet.

This is available in the Hipstamart, but the Guerbois film will not unpack for me, even after restarting both the app and my devices, an iPod Touch 7th gen and a brand new iPad mini (just got it a couple weeks ago.) I can understand if it doesn't work on my iPod since it's no longer running the latest iOS, but like I said the iPad is brand new and fully supported. Please let me know if you can get the film to unpack.
impressionist.png

Claude 72 Lens: Color shift. A simple color shift is all that is needed to pair perfectly with the included film in the Impressionist SnapPak.
claude-package.png
claude.png

Guerbois film: Heavy impasto. This Parisian film adds more impasto than you can shake a brush at. (For the non-painters, impasto is a technique of applying the paint so thickly that the brush or painting-knife strokes are visible. Van Gogh was a famous practitioner of impasto.)
guerbois-package.png
guerbois.png

Last edited:
Impressionist Snappak. Capturing light.

Claude almost certainly refers to Claude Monet, one of the greatest artists of the Impressionist movement. Guerbois likely refers to Café Guerbois in Paris, a popular meeting place of the Parisian bohèmes in the late 19th century, including Claude Monet.

This is available in the Hipstamart, but the Guerbois film will not unpack for me, even after restartiing both the app and my devices, an iPod Touch 7th gen and a brand new iPad mini (just got it a couple weeks ago.) I can understand if it doesn't work on my iPod since it's no longer running the latest iOS, but like I said the iPad is brand new and fully supported. Please let me know if you can get the film to unpack.
View attachment 195721

Claude 72 Lens: Color shift. A simple color shift is all that is needed to pair perfectly with the included film in the Impressionist SnapPak.
View attachment 195717View attachment 195718

Guerbois film: Heavy impasto. This Parisian film adds more impasto than you can shake a brush at. (For the non-painters, impasto is a technique of applying the paint so thickly that the brush or painting-knife strokes are visible. Van Gogh was a famous practitioner of impasto.)
View attachment 195719View attachment 195720
I will be very interested in seeing the images when available.

The phrasing "pair perfectly with the included film" sounds like they wrote the copy for the lens before they settled on a name for the film, and then never went back to update it.

You can find it if you search for it. I downloaded it, but the film won’t “unpack”, so now I’m waiting for them to fix it. I saw an example on the Hipsta 365 FB group, posted by someone who most likely is a beta tester. Looked pretty cool. Very brushstrokey. Looking forward to playing with it.

L\
You can find it if you search for it. I downloaded it, but the film won’t “unpack”, so now I’m waiting for them to fix it. I saw an example on the Hipsta 365 FB group, posted by someone who most likely is a beta tester. Looked pretty cool. Very brushstrokey. Looking forward to playing with it.
Now I am, too!

I just realized the file is called "film_guesbois". Could it be as simple as the file having a typo?
53162415169_4e0132875a_o.jpg

Two entries when searching. First one downloads but won’t unpack, second one says not available.

It’s Labor Day in the US. Bet they’re not working today.

IMG_0160.jpeg

Ive emailed tech support - Allan is usually pretty good in responding, but no joy yet. Surely they should have noticed?

Claude lens unpacks quite happily, but the effect is subtle to the point of almost imperceptibility! 'A slight colour shift' indeed. More of a nudge i'd say

Still now joy here in Blighty. I like that ski lift shot, is the impasto effect variable in terms of stroke effect, I wonder. I think they are favouring Hipsta X as the way forward, poor old Classic seems to be the black sheep of the family

Still now joy here in Blighty. I like that ski lift shot, is the impasto effect variable in terms of stroke effect, I wonder. I think they are favouring Hipsta X as the way forward, poor old Classic seems to be the black sheep of the family
I think when they finally fix it we will see variations in the strokes after shaking.

I reinstalled HipstaX (the usurper Hipstamatic) so I could try this Impressionist Snappak. Honestly, I'm liking it.

Disassembling the Warehouse (we're moving out of the warehouse where I work to another location nearby.) These were sitting under a sunlight which made for a nice photo, I thought.
53170083603_38dca97200_o.jpg

End of the Line
53169592361_aff35c5377_o.jpg

Blackberry Bramble
53170083693_d4f4f324cd_o.jpg

I reinstalled HipstaX (the usurper Hipstamatic) so I could try this Impressionist Snappak. Honestly, I'm liking it.

Disassembling the Warehouse (we're moving out of the warehouse where I work to another location nearby.) These were sitting under a sunlight which made for a nice photo, I thought.
View attachment 195879

End of the Line
View attachment 195880

Blackberry Bramble
View attachment 195881
So its applying the colour gradients as well as the F/X ?

Back
Top Bottom