HipstaPaks FIRST FRIDAY - SEPTEMBER - Sprocket HipstaPak

lkbside

MobiLurver
Real Name
Leslie
Device
iPhone15
Did you all miss this? It actually came out on First Friday.

Not a fan of sprockets... and we’re back to purply tones. Plus texture, DOF. You can turn off the sprockets, but otherwise why buy it?

But I’ve managed to create a few edits I like; pix to follow. Not an endorsement, but it’s only $1.00.

E788E72B-EB2F-499D-AB00-A3E813B00AC3.jpeg

I first saw this yesterday : I don't like the sprockets and I don't like the color tone so nothing was appealing for me ... Alas , I wait another month in hopes for the release of the : Fine Art pak (lol !)

I like it. Makes a change from the usual run of desaturated, muddy offerings we usually get from the House of Hipsta. The graphics add an on-message retro look that can make photos taken with this Pak stand out.

HipstamaticPhoto-590257781.356362.jpg

I like it. Makes a change from the usual run of desaturated, muddy offerings we usually get from the House of Hipsta. The graphics add an on-message retro look that can make photos taken with this Pak stand out.

View attachment 149592
Yes, they certainly stand out. :lol: It’s nice to know that someone likes it.:D

View attachment 149592

Do you like the black/burned squares? And the red spots? (Genuine question)

Last edited:

View attachment 149592
The whole film sprocket thing has always confused me... unless you line several images up to replicate developed film, I just don’t get that *look*. :confused: I’ve yet to see an individual image where the sprockets enhance the image.

The whole film sprocket thing has always confused me... unless you line several images up to replicate developed film, I just don’t get that *look*. :confused: I’ve yet to see an individual image where the sprockets enhance the image.
It's a style, a look, not meant to be practical. For me it harks back to the days where I used to process miles of 35mm film and contact print the negs, showing the sprocket holes along the edges. Think of it as art, which, as you know, nobody can agree on. ;)

Do you like the black/burned squares? And the red spots? (Genuine question)
You mean the sprocket holes with 'worn edges' and the red film index markings - genuine answer: yes.

Genuine question (of interest): Does it bother you that this stylised offering from Hipstamatic - out of the 100+ Paks we've had so far - looks so different?

I'd prefer a Sprocket-type Pak over another Cleveland, Aloha or Dubrovnik (for example) any day. You can only have so many 'cool tone', light leak and desaturated/pastel offerings before monotony starts creeping in.

Genuine question (of interest): Does it bother you that this stylised offering from Hipstamatic - out of the 100+ Paks we've had so far - looks so different?
Yes. Because although it could be seen as “sentimental” - a throwback to film days - I find it rather ugly and useless. But I find most of the Hipsta paks ugly and useless these days. :whistle:

Back
Top Bottom