HipstaPaks FIRST FRIDAY - Zürich HipstaPak...

Venomator

MobiLifer
MobiStaff
Real Name
Rog...
Device
iPhone 13 Pro
May the Fourth be with you... :whistle:

And with Hipstamatic’s FIRST FRIDAY for May - The Zürich HipstaPak... :D

A Forties Black & White effort by all accounts, and all for just a paltry 99p/99c (?)... :rog:

Including the André Lens and another Blackeys Film, 1942 of course... :barf:

EA132134-BB83-4BFC-9120-91A67F35ABF1.jpeg

429549E7-F212-470F-8723-4B787806FFB5.jpeg

53F9913D-80DC-4063-9A06-34B2C2E4D0AF.jpeg

FF77BD8C-817A-4026-A0D1-4395281FB700.jpeg

CB87FB01-09B8-4EAF-BC20-7FB044136876.jpeg

5B8EBBEC-C33D-42A2-87D3-D520B41D0DC8.jpeg

Always such a naysayer :cool:
I really WANT to love Hipstamatic. I started out in mobile photography many years ago almost solely using Hipsta. I gladly bought every pak that came out.

I really don’t understand why they continue to pump out sub-par (and most times plain ugly) paks instead of leaving that alone and concentrating on making sure the app functions perfectly. Push out a pak every 3-6 months - something truly unique.

They have become the 7-11/Dunkin Donuts/WalMart of editing apps IMO. :barf:

I really WANT to love Hipstamatic. I started out in mobile photography many years ago almost solely using Hipsta. I gladly bought every pak that came out.

I really don’t understand why they continue to pump out sub-par (and most times plain ugly) paks instead of leaving that alone and concentrating on making sure the app functions perfectly. Push out a pak every 3-6 months - something truly unique.

They have become the 7-11/Dunkin Donuts/WalMart of editing apps IMO. :barf:
Totally agree with you but still buying them... an enabler.

My first impressions are that, for once in many months, Hipstamatic has launched a useful pak. To my taste, Andre lens gives a nice color shift to all color films, besides working fine with the b&w ones. BK1942 pairs beautifully with virtually all lenses, including old and odd ones like Chunky and Kaymal.

My first impressions are that, for once in many months, Hipstamatic has launched a useful pak. To my taste, Andre lens gives a nice color shift to all color films, besides working fine with the b&w ones. BK1942 pairs beautifully with virtually all lenses, including old and odd ones like Chunky and Kaymal.
Great to hear Henrit... :thumbs:

Do not be backward in coming forward with some fine examples to support your thinking... :whistle:

For me this pack looks like one of the best ever. I hope I can try Zürich soon. I'm still on iOS 10 on my iphone and the new pak needs iOS 11 :-( I never wanted to update to iOS 10, but now, no doubt, I have to. But first, backups, backups, backups...

I don't particular like the look of the Zurich lens and film used together - but they may have possibilities used with other lenses and films .
That’s definitely the way to go. :thumbs: It would be wrong to just look at what the latest pak combo produces and think that’s it. And within each film or lens there’s always adjustments that can be made. Experimentation is the name of the game with Hipsta I think. Take a look at what davegray Dave produces in his Hipsta 365 - his Hipsta combos, coupled with wonderful scenery are inspiring.

21366C56-F5AA-458E-B42A-DEE32E8F08E1.jpeg
That’s definitely the way to go. :thumbs: It would be wrong to just look at what the latest pak combo produces and think that’s it. And within each film or lens there’s always adjustments that can be made. Experimentation is the name of the game with Hipsta I think. Take a look at what davegray Dave produces in his Hipsta 365 - his Hipsta combos, coupled with wonderful scenery are inspiring.
Thank you Jilly. I actually tried the latest combo together.

Great photos here with the ZürichPak! Very impressive! [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Back
Top Bottom