FotoDa Gallery

I zoned out while I waited for FotoDa to open and, eventually, it did. I produced this and saved it and remembered that that’s another thing FotoDa does on my iPad - it freezes after I’ve saved an image and I have to close it and start all over again. You can see why I’ve given up trying. :rolleyes:
My iPad doesn’t quite freeze after saving an image, but it does take a minute or two to restart the spiraling. I’ve taken to reading and keeping my iPad in my lap and tapping it every so often - I can see in my peripheral vision if the spiral starts up again. Occasionally I’ll have to restart the app like you do. I do have to say the app is somewhat wonky on my iPad; it works better on my iPhone XS.

i have an old iPad Air and I don’t have that problem. I have tried to turn off Cloud synching. I didn’t think it had worked, but maybe it has . . .

even run through FotoDa these are obviously ‘Leslie’ images :hearteyecat: Did you direct FotoDa to a particular folder or just let it have at your whole cache?
These were from my Arcosanti folder on my iPhone. I figured out how to select specific pix, vs a folder, vs everything random.

Aha. Segments explained. I will now play with that.
Another question - is it possible to scroll back through previous spins, or do you just need to “save” if you see something you kind of like? It seemed like I could scroll back when I had two specific pix chosen, but not when a folder was chosen.

9B88A176-2A8B-484A-8FD9-F7A535F9761D.jpeg

Jungle camouflage

Aha. Segments explained. I will now play with that.
Another question - is it possible to scroll back through previous spins, or do you just need to “save” if you see something you kind of like? It seemed like I could scroll back when I had two specific pix chosen, but not when a folder was chosen.

You have one level of undo lkbside - if you tap on the small spiral you'll see albums listed as well as the previous generated image - which you can restore by tapping on it:

Screen Shot 2020-01-04 at 3.00.09 PM.png

amazing work here!
Thanks zenjenny for making me aware of this place. I really hope to release a new FotoDa update in the very near future - with a high resolution image option :D (and bugfixes for nasty IOS13 weirdness for some devices).

Please sign up to beta test:
(lower right hand corner of screen)

View attachment 153543
Ooooh! Looking forward to high resolution! :thumbs: on my XSmax it is better than on 6s, but since we’d all like to print it on canvas there is always room for more. :) the higher the better.
And as an idea, maybe you could add two things:
1. Choose a default folder to stay the app with.
2. choose your default format. (I don’t like the towel size the app offers only, but I hate to cut bits off that I’d like to keep in the picture.)
Maybe someone senconds this?

I had a LOT of difficulty finding the original images on occasion. Other times I know immediately. I feel like sometimes it only uses parts of images.
It does. The key is segments on/off. But the pictures are better with segmenting on. :) otherwise it takes the pictures full size (on mine mostly 3:4) and puts it somewhere on the towel size page. This way you always have rectangles on you picture. I didn’t like it. :)

I've seen that happen for people who have like 10k photos on their icloud. Is something like that the case? One user had 100,000 photos and was never able to use the app at all... :/ Of course, disabling icloud photos and having a few hundred locally on your device solves the issue - but that is annoying and not a solution to the problem.
I have 45k images on my phone at the moment and it works fine. I think one solution could be the mentioned default folder before the app starts and it should stay with it until you want to change it. It should come up with the start up screen with a change default folder.

Like Jilly, I have over 40K photos. I realize you can point FotoDa to a particular album, but that stifles the discovery aspect. Right now, it works fast enough on my iPad Pro, but is getting too slow to use on my iPhone 6S+. But it remains an app I like to use, often.

By the way, thanks for alphabetizing the albums when listing them. Too many apps use some sort of arbitrary order that I can never keep track of.
Yeah! That helps a lot. :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom