• > STAY SAFE - WEAR A MASK - or whatever way you choose to deal with this thing! Dear MobiMembers - We are all aware of the still current serious situation facing us all right now! Continue to heed the warnings, stay safe, look after yourselves and others and remain well. As much as we are able, let's all help each other to stay sane in our social distancing/isolation and face this thing down. Much love 'n hugs, Rog, Matt and all your MobiStaff... x x <

FotoDa Gallery

FotoDa

FotoDaAppDev...
Developer
Reaction score
Real Name
Zevan Rosser
Device
iPhone 7
I have 45k images on my phone at the moment and it works fine. I think one solution could be the mentioned default folder before the app starts and it should stay with it until you want to change it. It should come up with the start up screen with a change default folder.
Thats an excellent idea :D that would really help.

FotoDa

FotoDaAppDev...
Developer
Reaction score
Real Name
Zevan Rosser
Device
iPhone 7
So this is not the problem. :)
Here is a weird thought
I’d love to be able to post an image I produced in FotoDa, but on my iPad, it takes so long to access my camera roll that I’m in danger of becoming hypnotised by the emblem. o_O It must be something peculiar to me, because you can all produce something from the app. :(
One thing I remembered from a commercial project that I work on. Sounds dumb, but might help... if you haven't restarted your ipad in a long time, maybe try that? Make sure you don't have too many other apps running... etc... Sometimes for the web stuff that I do, safari gets all bogged down with memory and starts acting weird - the only way to fix it is a restart :/ Just a shot in the dark, but might help.

Last edited:

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Here is a weird though

One thing I remembered from a commercial project that I work on. Sounds dumb, but might help... if you haven't restarted your ipad in a long time, maybe try that? Make sure you don't have too many other apps running... etc... Sometimes for the web stuff that I do, safari gets all bogged down with memory and starts acting weird - the only way to fix it is a restart :/ Just a shot in the dark, but might help.
I’ll give it a try. :thumbs:

GroovyGouvy

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I think it’s been 11 days since this thread was started. I count 85 images posted by 11 different FotoDa enthusiaists. (sinnerjohn commented but didn’t post). I don’t feel quite so bad about my addiction to this app.....
It’s the spirals! After 2 minutes I look like this: o_O
Thanks to the inventor of the Mobicons I can exactly show you. :lol:

Last edited:

zenjenny

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
I honestly don’t like iOS13. Is it really necessary to make so many changes to standard apps that were absolutely fine before and have to be learnt all over again. Wish I hadn’t upgraded my iPad Pro.

I sympathise with you and the worst is that developers stop maintaining great apps and they are lost forever.
hear, hear !

zenjenny

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
Tried a few ‘segments on’ from my Dubble folder, since they‘re all the same size. The result was a square in a rectangle of white.

(I love re-blending Dubble images - there are so many off-the-wall start images !)

FotoDa

FotoDaAppDev...
Developer
Reaction score
Real Name
Zevan Rosser
Device
iPhone 7
View attachment 153884

I have sufficient Dubble images in my album to keep me happy with FotoDa well into the next decade. Plus it’s a hood way of processing my grief at the loss of Dubble :mobibabe:
Very cool. Thats too bad about Dubble, I used it a long time ago but for some reason found myself using MELD more (which is still around):

FotoDa

FotoDaAppDev...
Developer
Reaction score
Real Name
Zevan Rosser
Device
iPhone 7
getting close to having the new version ready - just fixed the last part of the IOS13 bugs. Here's a high res image from the unreleased desktop FotoDa with nasa images for the source :D
goodine.png