FundyBrian’s Explorations

Yesterday afternoon we had some friends over for supper and started out with a walk along Dennis Beach. The sky was mostly clear in late afternoon but then some clouds began to crowd the sun. Towards sunset we enjoyed some dramatic lighting.
A2EE7760-389E-451B-9532-B1D61C3DA4C2.jpeg

After a short period of cloud the sun came through a hole in the clouds and we enjoyed some very orange light with a dark sky.
98B16885-97C5-4595-B50F-43D8C2F0D2DB.jpeg

Fusion. Instaflash Pro.

Yesterday afternoon we had some friends over for supper and started out with a walk along Dennis Beach. The sky was mostly clear in late afternoon but then some clouds began to crowd the sun. Towards sunset we enjoyed some dramatic lighting.
View attachment 118184
After a short period of cloud the sun came through a hole in the clouds and we enjoyed some very orange light with a dark sky.
View attachment 118185
Fusion. Instaflash Pro.
The colors in these are gorgeous. It looks. Like beautiful coastline.

Friday (Dec 14) I participated in our local Christmas Bird Count and part of my “territory” included this section of coastline with ice-draped cliffs.
Some of the icicles were 10 metres long (high?) 33 feet. The recent cold weather created the perfect conditions for icicles. I didn’t get any pictures of birds.
View attachment 118165
PureShot DNG HDR, Affinity.
That is so crazy cool.

View attachment 118184
View attachment 118185
Fusion. Instaflash Pro.
I remember this beach.... so beautiful. :inlove:

I spent most of my day shovelling the driveway and the deck and carport roof. Overcast and snowing all day but then we were surprised by this dramatic sunset colour.
8E17BF35-272D-40C9-9A57-8113F853F7DC.jpeg

I walked across the road to the hayfield to get a clear view of the sky. Yes, the land slopes downhill from the road.
PureShot, Affinity.
I was worried I wouldn’t be able to post because our power kept going off and on.

I spent most of my day shovelling the driveway and the deck and carport roof. Overcast and snowing all day but then we were surprised by this dramatic sunset colour.
View attachment 118274
I walked across the road to the hayfield to get a clear view of the sky. Yes, the land slopes downhill from the road.
PureShot, Affinity.
I was worried I wouldn’t be able to post because our power kept going off and on.
That’s gorgeous!

View attachment 118274
PureShot, Affinity.
This is INCREDIBLE. It doesn’t even look real to me. WOW. I think I would pass out from ecstasy if I saw a sky like this, LOL.

Turning over a new leaf.
24A56108-D9CB-452F-AECB-6245FE3EAD01.jpeg

My lunchtime apple turned out to have a shadow impression of a leaf that I thought was worth photographing.
PureShot with custom white balance read off a white balance card. Moment 58mm Tele lens with +6 close-up lens attached on the 2x position. Two reflectors plus a dodger from my old darkroom days to block a glare from the window. Minor spot correction in Handy Photo but otherwise unedited.
I tried a few different camera apps making this photo. Moment cam, Prime, Halide, RAW+. Each gave me some sort of grief but PureShot did exactly what I wanted.

Not an exciting picture. More of an indication of the weather here lately. Certainly enough for snowshoeing.
D70C159F-8DE1-4D92-A65A-ACB829F57472.jpeg

My first view looking out of the carport getting ready to shovel the driveway.
31E41783-59BF-490D-ADB4-55C0B5A160A7.jpeg

These both look like B&W but they aren’t. Just a snowy day. When there is plenty of snow I make sure to also clear the deck and carport roof. All that snow can be heavy.

There’s a short period in late afternoon when the last sunlight skims across the surface of the snow revealing wind-blown patterns, textures, and shadows. Then, all too soon, it is gone and shadow engulfs the land.
The shadows are quite blue while the highlights can be warm.
423CCE14-D886-495E-AD28-744F435EA2D5.jpeg

2CD3A095-62E1-415A-A454-26481A4F736F.jpeg

4F3D869E-F21F-44B4-AEBC-9128592DD791.jpeg

All made with the Moment 58 tele, PureShot.

This morning Fabi called out, “There’s two deer on the driveway.”
I already had my phone in hand but a ran to grab my new Moment 58 Tele lens.
74057786-8730-462D-BF00-BA2E23306B19.jpeg

I was looking through a not entirely clean window with the deer about 105 feet away. Not cropped. Snapseed.
The deer seemed to be deciding whether or not to make a break for the open field where they would have no cover. They left the driveway and walked through the snow to the left of the driveway and behind the trees it proved to be deeper than they wanted to struggle through so they crossed the road and then ran across the field.
We often see the track of deer in the yard but very seldom see the deer themselves.

Last edited:
This morning Fabi calked our, “There’s two deer on the driveway.”
View attachment 119087
I was looking through a not entirely clean window with the deer about 105 feet away. Not cropped. Snapseed.
The deer seemed to be deciding whether or not to make a break for the open field where they would have no cover. They left the driveway and walked through the snow to the left of the driveway and behind the trees it proved to be deeper than they wanted to struggle through so they crossed the road and then ran across the field.
We often see the track of deer in the yard but very seldom see the deer themselves.
How lovely!

This morning Fabi calked our, “There’s two deer on the driveway.”
View attachment 119087
Beautiful....

Something Fishy
04827F64-6FF5-456E-BE1B-250240752DF8.jpeg

A Procreate project.

This started out as something for APPstract but it went in a different direction.
The fish is a photo of a recycled metal sculpture, made entirely out of pull tops and can lids, bottle caps, etc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom