• Please consider a small regular monthly sum, now possible under the new Donate tab! (NB - If all active MobiMembers Donate just £1/$1 per month it will cover our costs and help with expenditure for updates/improvements) A BIG THANK YOU to all our generous & supportive MobiMembers!
  • PLEASE READ THIS THREAD < Tap for linky - MobiTog still has a few minor updates/improvements to complete... :)

Discussion: Gearing up for the new iPhone xxx 2019

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Well, it’s that time of the year again and I’m wondering what’s about to come out of the bag this year. Looks like a square of 3 cameras so new accessories required once more. I can’t say there’s been much hype this year although maybe I’m just not in the know.

Still gripping onto my iPhone 7+ and can’t see any change in that unless Apple pull something special out of the bag that I’m not aware of. Maybe the x3 zoom rumour might loosen the grip.

Last edited:

younger

MobiLurver
Real Name
Juliana
Device
iPhone Xs
I had a 7+ that I loved, but had to get another with more storage, so got an XS. I must confess that I didn’t find it that much better, apart from the portrait mode that can be taken as a selfie (not available for 7+). The changes are (or have been) minimal from one version to the other, unless you jump 2 or 3 models. I guess

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
I had a 7+ that I loved, but had to get another with more storage, so got an XS. I must confess that I didn’t find it that much better, apart from the portrait mode that can be taken as a selfie (not available for 7+). The changes are (or have been) minimal from one version to the other, unless you jump 2 or 3 models. I guess
A friend recently snapped a bunch of photos from our get-together and sent them to me.... She has the XS and I was actually floored at the crispness and clarity of them. Didn’t think I wanted to upgrade until I saw those :grimacing: :rolleyes: - it was different somehow seeing them via my camera roll vs on a website.

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
A friend recently snapped a bunch of photos from our get-together and sent them to me.... She has the XS and I was actually floored at the crispness and clarity of them. Didn’t think I wanted to upgrade until I saw those :grimacing: :rolleyes: - it was different somehow seeing them via my camera roll vs on a website.
The XS was definitely appealing especially because I want to go back to a smaller phone. Let’s hope they have something even better. I certainly need more space!

ValeriGail

MobiLurver
Real Name
Valeri
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
I’m up for a new phone this year. I’ve had my 7+ for around 3 years, and hadn’t seen any reason to upgrade. My daughter has my old 6+, and man she’s been hard on it. Broke the screen twice and now the touch screen isn’t working along the bottom, so I need to upgrade and pass her this phone for her birthday. I purposely didn’t look at rumors this year so I could enjoy the excitement of today’s reveal. I’m glad I waited for this phone. I’m excited about the new cameras and the display. I’ll most likely be getting the 11 pro max. Gonna wait till end of October though. Maybe it will inspire me to get back out and take photos again. You know, more than pics of the cats. Lol. I miss doing sunset shoots.

I’m also excited about the services they are launching. I’m a streaming addict and have almost everything available (we rotate streaming services like movie channels and cbs but stay steady with Netflix, Hulu and prime. Oh and hbo cause it’s free with att :thumbs:) so I’m definitely going to do the new Apple TV+. Having a house full of teens and gamers makes the New arcade feature priceless as well. I can’t wait till that launches.

This is the first year in a long time that I’m looking forward to upgrading. My husband upgraded me to the 7+ as a surprise (I wasn’t planning to upgrade then either). So it’s really been 5 years for me. I’m excited!