Mobi365 Geek1956 Project 365 - 2021

61475D6A-8DC4-49B9-9FF4-D97DDC3CDFE4.jpeg
1F42CD2B-41A9-4A6E-9263-96E4D35464BB.jpeg
Sunrise captures. Top one was IPhone capture and edit, the second one HipstaX

2BC62DF3-DC20-4262-A540-576932903363.jpeg
The beauty of the iphone portrait mode. I was advised by a professional photographer to set the “f” stop ( press the f top rhs and an adjustment wheel pops up at the bottom) to 2.8.

View attachment 169656The beauty of the iphone portrait mode. I was advised by a professional photographer to set the “f” stop ( press the f top rhs and an adjustment wheel pops up at the bottom) to 2.8.
My jaw dropped and I grabbed my phone. There’s an F Stop???? Yup, right there. That should be highlighted in the instruction book. If there is one and if I would have even read it…. But cool, I know how I’ll be wasting half my day, today! Thanks!

My jaw dropped and I grabbed my phone. There’s an F Stop???? Yup, right there. That should be highlighted in the instruction book. If there is one and if I would have even read it…. But cool, I know how I’ll be wasting half my day, today! Thanks!
Me too was late getting to know this. Fact is I learned it just a few months ago in a Facebook group (talking about social media :D ) Good luck with your experimenting:thumbs:

Yep my reaction exactly Star
Soooo, I said I knew about this. But just now I’ve discovered that I really don’t understand. If I fiddle with the F stop setting when shooting in portrait mode I want the camera to get back to it’s “auto” F stop (if there’s any the next time I use the camera). But the adjusted setting I make is still there even if I force-shut the camera app and open it again. I’ve looked in Settings/Camera/Presets and the settings for keeping the settings for the last shot is set to Off. I feel confused :(:alien:

Soooo, I said I knew about this. But just now I’ve discovered that I really don’t understand. If I fiddle with the F stop setting when shooting in portrait mode I want the camera to get back to it’s “auto” F stop (if there’s any the next time I use the camera). But the adjusted setting I make is still there even if I force-shut the camera app and open it again. I’ve looked in Settings/Camera/Presets and the settings for keeping the settings for the last shot is set to Off. I feel confused :(:alien:
I don’t see an auto either. I suspect there isn’t one because I always have lousy luck with it. Now that I know it’s there I expect ai may have more success. I’d just as soon adjust by hand in portrait, because when I’m using it, it’s a planned shot.

Yes I had the same problem Eva, I just closed and reopened which is a pain

Geek1956 Kevin, sorry to interrupt your thread, but is there an easy way to find the lenses and films from the original Hipstamatic to use in Hipstamatic X? They are all gobbed together and I can’t use the alphabetical order like the other lenses and films. I use the Hipsta X more, because I keep a managable amount of combos in it. My regular Hipsta is a mess. Or WOTANICUS or lkbside. If anyone has an idea or an organizing tip I would a appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom