Mobi365 Geek1956 Project 365 - 2021

Somehow I think the lack of perfection would be fine for me when it comes to the printer. I also think that the people who leave the negative reviews for the printer wouldn’t perhaps have the knowledge to manipulate the photo beforehand to produce something they prefer once they understood the ‘flaws’ of the printer, such as over saturation.

I really fancy the idea of going on a road trip and printing memories along the road. Even going back to our trip to Namibia for example and creating a pinboard with our favourite moments. My DH and I tend to take only ‘photographic’ images. Not many of ourselves. Only we know we were there! I’d like to go back to having more images of ourselves and this might encourage us to do that. So different from the new selfie generations!
Sounds like a great idea :inlove: :thumbs:

Somehow I think the lack of perfection would be fine for me when it comes to the printer. I also think that the people who leave the negative reviews for the printer wouldn’t perhaps have the knowledge to manipulate the photo beforehand to produce something they prefer once they understood the ‘flaws’ of the printer, such as over saturation.

I really fancy the idea of going on a road trip and printing memories along the road. Even going back to our trip to Namibia for example and creating a pinboard with our favourite moments. My DH and I tend to take only ‘photographic’ images. Not many of ourselves. Only we know we were there! I’d like to go back to having more images of ourselves and this might encourage us to do that. So different from the new selfie generations!

I like the pinboard idea... most of my 25000 images are swirling above on the “cloud”. Pinboards, like albums are a list art. I’ve printed and framed a few of my better captures.

128/365
72DF3C55-D48F-494B-8C0B-49B9399F7F26.jpeg

The munchkins are visiting so we had a ride on the rivercat to the city and a picnic in the botanical gardens. HipstaX

I have a weird psychological battle with a camera like this now: I can only print at the time.
Surely this is the whole point of in Instant Camera. Its a true snapshot in time that's unique, never to be reproduced again.
My DH and I tend to take only ‘photographic’ images. Not many of ourselves.
When my wife and I visit somewhere nice, we nearly always take a 'selfie' of ourselves, with hopefully something interesting in the background.
I have an electronic album of them.

As to printing, yeah I have boxes full of 'real' photos that never get looked at, so I don't think I'd ever go back to printing wholesale. I see more use of having the photo gallery on my pc set to screensaver so anyone passing can see past and recent memories.

I was gifted a Lomo instant camera for Christmas but I've not really had chance to play with it yet, weather, lock down etc. But I'm looking forward to the imperfections.

Surely this is the whole point of in Instant Camera. Its a true snapshot in time that's unique, never to be reproduced again.
:eek: I have a fair number of low quality images from my teens and it bugs me that I can’t reproduce them with much better clarity.

My Aunt had a cine and took loads of film of us when I was little. My Mom had the rolls put onto video tapes and got rid of the quality cine. Heck, would I love those cine film now to take stills off. The quality of the video tapes is dreadful. I still feel a sense of loss.

81421484-076B-47C4-A639-3C74FC0A09CC.jpeg
B5633AF1-D202-4BCC-94E2-5DEFCECD7567.jpeg
512ECE5A-A370-48ED-B09C-5BE3DA488610.jpeg

FIMO using the tilt shift “camera” although I’ve noticed that it really “chews” your battery’s up, by 9am I was down to 20% which I rarely ever reach even after a full day. I really like the effect

Agh! Sooooo many potential entries for Image of the Month - May. My only hope is that others will come in a choose some, because I’ve already had two entries!:)

View attachment 167150View attachment 167151View attachment 167152
FIMO using the tilt shift “camera” although I’ve noticed that it really “chews” your battery’s up, by 9am I was down to 20% which I rarely ever reach even after a full day. I really like the effect
I purchased the tilt shift lens as I thought it would give me that new free 'open the box' lens, but nothing happened!
I've not noticed any battery drain but then I've not used it a lot either.

I purchased the tilt shift lens as I thought it would give me that new free 'open the box' lens, but nothing happened!
I've not noticed any battery drain but then I've not used it a lot either.
I had the same result with the “open the door” deal. It’s a bit confusing trying to decipher the translation

Back
Top Bottom