Mobi365 Geek1956 Project 365 - 2021

29/08
5768B500-E79A-4E49-A611-9D20DA3A0754.jpeg

All truly great thoughts are conceived while walking
Indeed.
Recently I learnt that the foot has evolved in such a way that when you put your foot down while walking it works a bit like a pump increasing blood flow back up the leg and because of it there is an increase in blood flow, oxygen and nutrients to the brain. Often heart rhythm and foot fall will synchronise in walking and running.

Indeed.
Recently I learnt that the foot has evolved in such a way that when you put your foot down while walking it works a bit like a pump increasing blood flow back up the leg and because of it there is an increase in blood flow, oxygen and nutrients to the brain. Often heart rhythm and foot fall will synchronise in walking and running.
A true fount of information! :notworthy:

Indeed.
Could be part of the explaination for being in the “zone” when you run or walk.

Could be part of the explaination for being in the “zone” when you run or walk.

There was a study quite a few years ago that found that your IQ increases after a walk though a natural environment (woods, savanah, grassland) compared with walking through an urban enviroment. Not sure what the mechanism was there but I can only assume that walking in nature increases thinking capacity and performance.

There was a study quite a few years ago that found that your IQ increases after a walk though a natural environment (woods, savanah, grassland) compared with walking through an urban enviroment. Not sure what the mechanism was there but I can only assume that walking in nature increases thinking capacity and performance.
I wonder if it's not so much being in nature as being out of the city, the removal of stressors and distractions making it possible for the brain to function better.

Wow, I think I must learn how to nominate for IOTM
If you long press on the image you want to nominate, you should get a popup menu with a Copy option. That'll copy it to the clipboard, so you can navigate to the nomination thread and tap in a new message to paste it in there.

If you long press on the image you want to nominate, you should get a popup menu with a Copy option. That'll copy it to the clipboard, so you can navigate to the nomination thread and tap in a new message to paste it in there.
Thanks Ted :thumbs: I only found threads for August and April, but I’ll try again another day

Back
Top Bottom