Georgia: Still Here

Gone to seed cattails in Lilburn GA

IMG_5264.JPG

IMG_5265.JPG

A positive post about Georgia! It snowed last night and most of the morning and it was beautiful.

IMG_5396.JPG

IMG_5449.JPG

I tortured Nim by taking her out for a photo op.

IMG_5389.JPG

IMG_5390.JPG

This morning she was refusing to join Tony Gnome in our winter wonderland.

IMG_5406.JPG

IMG_5414.JPG

The flowers and trees were spectacular for just a short time.

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_5429.JPG

IMG_9965.JPG

Lastly, two St Francis’s and his animal friends.

IMG_9993.JPG

FullSizeRender.jpg

image.jpeg

A positive post about Georgia! It snowed last night and most of the morning and it was beautiful.

View attachment 103139

View attachment 103140

View attachment 103141

View attachment 103142

View attachment 103143

View attachment 103144

View attachment 103145

View attachment 103146

View attachment 103147

View attachment 103148

View attachment 103149

View attachment 103150
Lovely!! The rose!! :inlove: We’ve never had roses still in bloom + snow. And Nim’s face is cracking me up!!! :lol: She does not look pleased.

View attachment 103139

View attachment 103140

View attachment 103141

View attachment 103142

View attachment 103143

View attachment 103144

View attachment 103145

View attachment 103146

View attachment 103147

View attachment 103148

View attachment 103149

View attachment 103150
Fab shots! I’m impressed that you trained Nim to tolerate a leash...that’s great!

Fab shots! I’m impressed that you trained Nim to tolerate a leash...that’s great!
I've always loved the thought of training a cat on a leash to go on walks with me. If I ever got a kitten again I'm going to do that. Especially because I don't think I could have another outdoor cat again.... it's too stressful for me - I'm probably being selfish because cats are such roamers and explorers, but training one to ride in the car and walk on a leash I feel is a good compromise. I don't have to worry every time they don't come home, and they get to wander outside. :)

I've always loved the thought of training a cat on a leash to go on walks with me. If I ever got a kitten again I'm going to do that. Especially because I don't think I could have another outdoor cat again.... it's too stressful for me - I'm probably being selfish because cats are such roamers and explorers, but training one to ride in the car and walk on a leash I feel is a good compromise. I don't have to worry every time they don't come home, and they get to wander outside. :)
Agreed!

Mine have always been indoor cats. And if they even think of sneaking out they get reprimanded until they don’t want to go near the door! Cats are much healthier being inside only.

As for the leash...Nim is the first cat I’ve had that allowed it. The others just laid their in a furry lump of confusion! LOL I think I read that with Siamese it’s a breed thing...they just take to the leash with no training.

Mine have always been indoor cats. And if they even think of sneaking out they get reprimanded until they don’t want to go near the door! Cats are much healthier being inside only.
I always did too, until my Miss. :eek: She came to me as an outdoor cat, and any time I tried to lock her inside she’d freak out - even during Hurricane Sandy! For awhile she was okay... she could hear the sounds and maybe felt my OH HELL NO you’re not going out there, but by 3:00am I had to let her out.

But, I must say she was slimmer and leaner than my house cats, who were a tad bit on the plump side :whistle: but that’s because they never really got any exercise. She was always out and about. And even though I was sad when she’d kill birds, I was happy she was getting live meat now and then. So much better than canned food (I went through a period with my house cats where I made their food using raw ingredients... that’s another story. :rolleyes:)

I always did too, until my Miss. :eek: She came to me as an outdoor cat, and any time I tried to lock her inside she’d freak out - even during Hurricane Sandy! For awhile she was okay... she could hear the sounds and maybe felt my OH HELL NO you’re not going out there, but by 3:00am I had to let her out.

But, I must say she was slimmer and leaner than my house cats, who were a tad bit on the plump side :whistle: but that’s because they never really got any exercise. She was always out and about. And even though I was sad when she’d kill birds, I was happy she was getting live meat now and then. So much better than canned food (I went through a period with my house cats where I made their food using raw ingredients... that’s another story. :rolleyes:)

I did that too!
When I went on vacation (to WA...where else!) one year I picked up a bag of dry food so my neighbor didn’t have to deal with the raw food. When I returned home it was just easier to keep using the dry!

I did that too!
When I went on vacation (to WA...where else!) one year I picked up a bag of dry food so my neighbor didn’t have to deal with the raw food. When I returned home it was just easier to keep using the dry!
It was kind of gross dealing with raw meat, but worth it. And my finicky bunch.... they loved it for quite awhile.... until they didn’t. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom