• > CONGRATULATIONS to our very own Matt (@Smooth) on his change in Marital status! He married Danielle today, Saturday 16th November! We wish then every happiness as they start their married life together... x x <
  • MobiTog Mantra = "Taken with and processed on a Mobile Device" PLEASE NOTE: MobiTog Rule 4. will be applied to all future MobiTog Challenges & Contests. Non-compliance may result in entries being disqualified - you have been notified!

Discussion: Google Pixel 3 - worth it or the best?

TomHH

MobiAddict
Real Name
Tom
Device
Pixel
According to my readings you should get the best image quality using the following settings/modes:
- night sight
- zoom slightly above 1.3x

Zoom at 1.3x and above is where 'Superes' kicks in. But I'm not 100% sure if NightSight and Superes are working together. I also use Night Sight during daylight. Only drawback is that it's only working with motion to a certain degree.

Also there are some fab shots with new Astro mode around:

(not sure if you can the shots in the post not being logged in)

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Ah, so that is the secret of your great egret images! I’m waiting for the pre-ordered Moment case to arrive for the 11 but only expected late Nov probably not in time for my holiday. :( So do I take my 7+ with me??
No you don’t. If you do, you’ll be looking at the images thinking “this would have been so much better if I’d taken them with my 11”.

TomHH

MobiAddict
Real Name
Tom
Device
Pixel
7x zoom, night sight, Snapseed (color contrast, sharpening) - I'd say d'accord!
IMG_20191023_233224-01.jpg

Still not an optical zoom - but I have it always with me