MobiLifer
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
Onsite
Project Page
Week 6 – day 35

The first slightly serious snow 2018. Not thick, no big flakes but visible when you are under a street lamp. [emoji4]

IMG_6604.JPG

6pod native, Snapseed, Letter Glow (date)

Update: there was nothing on the roads the next morning, but enough on the car to free it. Fortunately no ice and the snow was still powder so I could swipe it off with a small broom/big brush. [emoji4]

GroovyGouvy

MobiLifer
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
Onsite
Project Page
Week 6 – day 36

Had nice shots of ice puddles, because it's still cold and would it rain it would definitely snow, but it is dry so far. But there was Lennard visiting today at the office which was more fun. My colleague bings him with her sometimes when she can't get a dog sitter. [emoji4]

IMG_6676.JPG

Native 6Pod, Snapseed, Over

Last edited:

ubbyisis

IOTM Winner - Aug 21 & Sep 22
Real Name
Eva Gustafsson
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
Week 6 – day 36

Had nice shots of ice puddles, because it's still cold and would it rain it would definitely snow, but it is dry so far. But there was Lennard visiting today at the office which was more fun. My colleague bings him either sometimes when she can't get a dog sitter. [emoji4]

View attachment 105707

Native 6Pod, Snapseed, Over

[emoji1303] Great capture. And my Dad’s name was Lennart [emoji851]

JillyG

IOTM Winner - Sep 20 + Jan & Nov 21
MobiStaff
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
Week 5 – day 32

Ever had the feeling you have an aquarium on board of your car? Every time you use the breaks you hear that slosh and awash but you don't know where it comes from? When it happened to me the first time, Leela was just about two years old. Fortunately I had to drive her to the garage anyway to change her shoes from winter to summer. And I asked the mechanic if he has an idea where that water noise comes from, it sounds so close, but I had no bottles with liquid in the car. And he laughed, saying that it is probably indoors, means actually in the doors. The new cars might be tight from the fresh wax within that the rain can't run through the supposed holes. He fiddled around on the underside of Leela's door and voila she lost at least a litre of water. Same on the other side. Since the I know when the aquarium sound is there I have to reopen the holes. Now today was the day for Leela's wee wee. [emoji23]

View attachment 105701

6pod native, Snapseed, Twinkly
:lmao:

lisamjw

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
Real Name
Lisa Waddell
Device
Week 5 – day 32

Ever had the feeling you have an aquarium on board of your car? Every time you use the breaks you hear that slosh and awash but you don't know where it comes from? When it happened to me the first time, Leela was just about two years old. Fortunately I had to drive her to the garage anyway to change her shoes from winter to summer. And I asked the mechanic if he has an idea where that water noise comes from, it sounds so close, but I had no bottles with liquid in the car. And he laughed, saying that it is probably indoors, means actually in the doors. The new cars might be tight from the fresh wax within that the rain can't run through the supposed holes. He fiddled around on the underside of Leela's door and voila she lost at least a litre of water. Same on the other side. Since the I know when the aquarium sound is there I have to reopen the holes. Now today was the day for Leela's wee wee. [emoji23]

View attachment 105701

6pod native, Snapseed, Twinkly
:lmao:

GroovyGouvy

MobiLifer
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
Onsite
Project Page
Week 6 – day 38

Still haven't cleans all yesteryear's stuff on the balcony. So with all the rain one of the tomato pots was full of water along with the soil, The remainings of the plants and the zebra that once sat in the pot watching the plants grow. Now the water is frozen, the zebra laid down into it and is now part of the ice cake, but luckily no rain anymore.

IMG_7866.JPG

Native 6Pod, Snapseed

Last edited:

Lzed

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Larry Zasitko
Device
iPad (Generic)
Week 4 – day 28

Went to my parents and stopped on the way at our favourite Italian Ice Salon, because we were all in the mood for a tasty coolness. [emoji1]

View attachment 105419

iPod native, Snapseed cut & text
One of my weaknesses, ice cream.... Unfortunately the best Ice cream is in a little town called Sicamous in British Columbia’s interior. They have a dairy farm there and everything is made right there. Good thing for me that they will sell it in big 20 litre containers so we normally will buy 3 of them. We have really good cooler bags and ice so stays good on the drive from there to Calgary (around a 5 hr drive) and then on the drive home. Generally that will last us a good long while. And Sicamous is not out of the way on the drive home from the coast to Calgary.

JillyG

MobiStaff
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
Week 6 – day 40

Cool stickers around the logo, but the best is the wagging tail of the cat. [emoji106][emoji1]

View attachment 105944

Hipstamatic, BeSafe, Typorama, CamRoll (date)
I haven’t seen one of those stickers for the back wiper for ages. They are soooooo cute when they’re working. :thumbs:

JillyG

MobiStaff
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
One of my weaknesses, ice cream.... Unfortunately the best Ice cream is in a little town called Sicamous in British Columbia’s interior. They have a dairy farm there and everything is made right there. Good thing for me that they will sell it in big 20 litre containers so we normally will buy 3 of them. We have really good cooler bags and ice so stays good on the drive from there to Calgary (around a 5 hr drive) and then on the drive home. Generally that will last us a good long while. And Sicamous is not out of the way on the drive home from the coast to Calgary.
For me, it wouldn’t be the drive there and back to get the ice cream, it would be where to put the 20 litre containers once I got home. You are obviously geared up with proper large freezers.

JillyG

MobiStaff
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
Week 6 – day 41

Great day out at the Art Club Family Montez or short the Montez. Modern pictures galore connected with a café in the middle, located in two huge arches under the Honsell bridge in the East end. Cool place to stay.

View attachment 105947

Hipstamatic, Retype
Love that art. And the orange sofa. Great image.:thumbs:

lisamjw

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
Real Name
Lisa Waddell
Device
Week 6 – day 40

Cool stickers around the logo, but the best is the wagging tail of the cat. [emoji106][emoji1]

View attachment 105944

Hipstamatic, BeSafe, Typorama, CamRoll (date)
This is so cute!!

Week 6 – day 41

Great day out at the Art Club Family Montez or short the Montez. Modern pictures galore connected with a café in the middle, located in two huge arches under the Honsell bridge in the East end. Cool place to stay.

View attachment 105947

Hipstamatic, Retype
What a fun place to visit! I love all the artwork!

GroovyGouvy

MobiLifer
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
Onsite
Project Page

[emoji33] I wound carry that much ice cream with me no for FIVE hours! And I'm not the VCS type (vanilla, chocolate, strawberry), I want something more unusual like melon, mint and coffee. And those are hard to find sometimes. I'm looking forward to the season of wild baby breath, and since I know this English name I like it even more. [emoji1] but 5 scoops will do. Rather less and more often. [emoji23]

Lzed

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Larry Zasitko
Device
iPad (Generic)
For me, it wouldn’t be the drive there and back to get the ice cream, it would be where to put the 20 litre containers once I got home. You are obviously geared up with proper large freezers.
Yeah you wouldn’t want to get a craving for ice cream and drive that far.... but when we do go out to BC coast or just the interior we are driving right past it.
We have a big upright freezer and we also have a big chest freezer so room is not normally an issue. On the drive home is the biggest issue as Linda and Henry have a cheats freezer but is normally too full for all of the ice cream but our daughter in Calgary be bought her a chest freezer years ago and generally she has room for it.

Lzed

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Larry Zasitko
Device
iPad (Generic)
[emoji33] I wound carry that much ice cream with me no for FIVE hours! And I'm not the VCS type (vanilla, chocolate, strawberry), I want something more unusual like melon, mint and coffee. And those are hard to find sometimes. I'm looking forward to the season of wild baby breath, and since I know this English name I like it even more. [emoji1] but 5 scoops will do. Rather less and more often. [emoji23]
They make more than the more common Vanilla, chocolate, strawberry.... Last time we we there they had I think it was around 40 different flavours. Good business for them, every time we stop the place is busy and driving past there is always a lot of people there. You can buy it by the cone or bowl or however much you want in one sitting or they have 1 litre, 4 litre or the 20 litre containers, the 1 litre is in a cardboard brick, the litre a smallish round pail and then the 20 which is a big plastic bucket.
They have some strange flavours like watermelon, one they call tiger which is a very pale orange (orange flavour) with ribbons of a dark chocolate through it. They do have Coffee and Irish Coffee flavours and Mint, they even have an After Eight (don’t know if you get those mints over there) which is a strong English mint with dark chocolate and tast just like the After Eight mints. Most of the time people that go there like to try different things other then the ordinary.
You can also go out to the barns where they have the little cows and they have other animals so a small petting zoo. You can go see them milking the cows in the bigger barns.
Kind of fascinating story because at one time they were thought they would have to shut the barns down as they were not making enough money, then someone though about making and selling Ice Cream and they started off as almost a stand and when that did really good they built the building with indoor and outdoor seating and started selling more. Now in the summer they almost can’t keep up. Quite common to see one or two tour buses stopped there all the time and as I said pretty busy all the time.

GroovyGouvy

MobiLifer
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
Onsite
Project Page
They make more than the more common Vanilla, chocolate, strawberry.... Last time we we there they had I think it was around 40 different flavours. Good business for them, every time we stop the place is busy and driving past there is always a lot of people there. You can buy it by the cone or bowl or however much you want in one sitting or they have 1 litre, 4 litre or the 20 litre containers, the 1 litre is in a cardboard brick, the litre a smallish round pail and then the 20 which is a big plastic bucket.
They have some strange flavours like watermelon, one they call tiger which is a very pale orange (orange flavour) with ribbons of a dark chocolate through it. They do have Coffee and Irish Coffee flavours and Mint, they even have an After Eight (don’t know if you get those mints over there) which is a strong English mint with dark chocolate and tast just like the After Eight mints. Most of the time people that go there like to try different things other then the ordinary.
You can also go out to the barns where they have the little cows and they have other animals so a small petting zoo. You can go see them milking the cows in the bigger barns.
Kind of fascinating story because at one time they were thought they would have to shut the barns down as they were not making enough money, then someone though about making and selling Ice Cream and they started off as almost a stand and when that did really good they built the building with indoor and outdoor seating and started selling more. Now in the summer they almost can’t keep up. Quite common to see one or two tour buses stopped there all the time and as I said pretty busy all the time.

Wow, I'm in for these flavours! [emoji106] After Eight is common here as one of the most British tastes. [emoji4] But mint choc chip is the best by Wall's. But our Italians do pretty good mint ice with or without chocolate. [emoji4]
I love the story from poor farmer to successful ice cream maker. [emoji175]

Lzed

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Larry Zasitko
Device
iPad (Generic)
Wow, I'm in for these flavours! [emoji106] After Eight is common here as one of the most British tastes. [emoji4] But mint choc chip is the best by Wall's. But our Italians do pretty good mint ice with or without chocolate. [emoji4]
I love the story from poor farmer to successful ice cream maker. [emoji175]
I wasn’t sure how common After Eight was over there, sure is popular here. The one thing this Ice Cream seller does that I have not seen anywhere else is they will sell you smaller portions for 25 cents if you see a flavour you have not had but would like to try. I think originally they would give samples away but like everything else once people figure that out they would ask for a bunch of samples rather then buying a cone or dish... even at 25 cents I don’t think they are making a lot of money with them but...
In any case I like the Tiger with the Orange and Chocolate but not really fussy about the Watermelon though it actually did taste like watermelon. Favourites of mine is they have a real English toffee and vanilla or chocolate and the Irish Creme is to die for :) along with their Maple Walnut.
Also some really out there stuff for adults... They have one called Ceasar which is a common Canadian drink that is not so popular elsewhere, Basically a Ceasar is Spicy Clamato juice with Vodka with a salted rim and they have an ice cream that tastes just like it with real vodka in it so they can sell it to underage...

Last edited:
Top Bottom