Mobi365 GroovyGouvy's Project 365 - 2021

22nd of March
Lines & Buildings
(Took a little detour on the way home, and lost my right glove somewhere :))

2FFA6E72-69DA-432A-B823-93ABE0B2CEAD.jpeg

Apple cam, Snapseed

Last edited:
18th of March
A dear colleague brought me a coffee from outside – and it rained on his way back. Isn’t it beautiful? To me it looks like a
Rose In The Rain (Apple cam, Snapseed)

View attachment 165705

19th of March
Had some rain and storm for some minutes but turned back to sunny weather. (Apple cam, Snapseed)

View attachment 165706

20th of March
Very many shops open at the MyZeil mall (but incidences are rising, it may happen yet another lockdown is coming up. Maybe already next week :()
Eye Of A Cat (Apple cam, Snapseed)

View attachment 165707
I thought it WAS a rose. I love the third, almost abstract, image.

28th of March
Got so distracted that I nearly forgot to post my own image. :D wasn’t out today, but found an extraordinary pack of crisps yesterday. Opened them today and found it’s more for the eyes than for the taste. :lol: Still okay, but far away to beat out my favourites. ;)
In case you wonder: it’s three different kinds of potatoes, yellow, pink and blue (last sold as special purple Halloween potatoes since the last years) just slightly salted.

FC7303DD-0ED5-40E7-9079-04A474F975ED.jpeg

Hipstamatic Classic

28th of March
Got so distracted that I nearly forgot to post my own image. :D wasn’t out today, but found an extraordinary pack of crisps yesterday. Opened them today and found it’s more for the eyes than for the taste. :lol: Still okay, but far away to beat out my favourites. ;)
In case you wonder: it’s three different kinds of potatoes, yellow, pink and blue (last sold as special purple Halloween potatoes since the last years) just slightly salted.

View attachment 165909

Hipstamatic Classic
That’s a shame, they do look yummy!

Me wants some!
I know Gouvy is busy (and I was also fascinated o_O) so I had a noodle around and found this, which has a bit of info about history, and some Anglified recipes eg here . Nothing yet that explains *why* - the question every culture asks every other culture about its specific culinary traditions :lmao:

Main ingredient is seven herbs - one is borage, which I’ve only seen prescribed in tea for “courage” (adrenals, depression, inflammation etc).

There must be other traditional recipes of just herbs and [something] . . . ? Cant think of anything in my homeland. Meat pies and Vegemite :rolleyes:

I know Gouvy is busy (and I was also fascinated o_O) so I had a noodle around and found this, which has a bit of info about history, and some Anglified recipes eg here . Nothing yet that explains *why* - the question every culture asks every other culture about its specific culinary traditions :lmao:

Main ingredient is seven herbs - one is borage, which I’ve only seen prescribed in tea for “courage” (adrenals, depression, inflammation etc).

There must be other traditional recipes of just herbs and [something] . . . ? Cant think of anything in my homeland. Meat pies and Vegemite :rolleyes:
Thanks!
An extra pint of courage or boost for the adrenals is never too much! :D

I know Gouvy is busy (and I was also fascinated ) so I had a noodle around and found this, which has a bit of info about history, and some Anglified recipes eg here . Nothing yet that explains *why* - the question every culture asks every other culture about its specific culinary traditions
:lmao:

There must be other traditional recipes of just herbs and [something] . . . ? Cant think of anything in my homeland. Meat pies and Vegemite
:rolleyes:
Jen, that recipe is great! How you do it is a matter of taste. younger and zenjenny

If I do it myself there is a lot I leave out of this recipe. You do not need egg yolk for the sauce. Here you either hack the boiled eggs in little pieces and just add them to the ready done sauce and put it over the potatoes OR you have the boiled eggs (preferably halved) with the potatoes, but then there are no eggs within the sauce. :)
I use rape oil and the same amount of (apple) vinegar (alternatively a dash of cider), no lemon, quark is not really necessary, if you use two Greek yoghurts instead of one and sour cream, you’re fine. The herbs make it green and soooo tasty. I use an immersion blender after I mixed all (the roughly cut) herbs and other stuff in a dish. And it’s done in some minutes. :)

Jen, that recipe is great! How you do it is a matter of taste. younger and zenjenny

If I do it myself there is a lot I leave out of this recipe. You do not need egg yolk for the sauce. Here you either hack the boiled eggs in little pieces and just add them to the ready done sauce and put it over the potatoes OR you have the boiled eggs (preferably halved) with the potatoes, but then there are no eggs within the sauce. :)
I use rape oil and the same amount of (apple) vinegar (alternatively a dash of cider), no lemon, quark is not really necessary, if you use two Greek yoghurts instead of one and sour cream, you’re fine. The herbs make it green and soooo tasty. I use an immersion blender after I mixed all (the roughly cut) herbs and other stuff in a dish. And it’s done in some minutes. :)
Is it easy for you to find all those herbs?

Thanks a lot, I have to eat this! :D

Is it easy for you to find all those herbs?
Indeed, especially in spring. Here you can have the „Grie Soß“-bundle in most food stores. It’s the time now, so if I think of it I’ll take a piccy for you. If you have a garden, you can grow them. :) I think I’ve even saw some seed packs.

Back
Top Bottom