sinnerjohn

IOTM WInner - April 2022
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
Onsite
Project Page
That’s a great idea! I might find it difficult to play along though... my weekly schedule is so fixed, with very few photo ops except on the weekend. :(
I understand the dizzying choices we have here on Mobitog and I'm not sure I see the point in a personal 52 as I'd probably post two or more weekly in the b/w and colour challenges anyway.
I just thought this might be different maybe.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
Deep Purple 14 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
I understand the dizzying choices we have here on Mobitog and I'm not sure I see the point in a personal 52 as I'd probably post two or more weekly in the b/w and colour challenges anyway.
I just thought this might be different maybe.
I bet there are plenty here who will take on this challenge. I'd love to, but... (and maybe I'm limiting myself?) I drive to work, and most of it on a high speed turnpike, so no photo ops there. My job doesn't offer much... I very rarely go out at lunch and walk around (I suppose I could change that), there's not much to photograph in my studio apartment, plus I have no outdoor space any more. (Boy, all this sure sounds negative and whiny. :eek: :zip: ) All that being said, I'd hate to join in and then never be able to do the theme.

sinnerjohn

IOTM WInner - April 2022
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
Onsite
Project Page
I bet there are plenty here who will take on this challenge. I'd love to, but... (and maybe I'm limiting myself?) I drive to work, and most of it on a high speed turnpike, so no photo ops there. My job doesn't offer much... I very rarely go out at lunch and walk around (I suppose I could change that), there's not much to photograph in my studio apartment, plus I have no outdoor space any more. (Boy, all this sure sounds negative and whiny. :eek: :zip: ) All that being said, I'd hate to join in and then never be able to do the theme.
Totally understand, I also work full time, so for the same reasons I'll not do another 365 till I'm retired!!

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
Deep Purple 14 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
Totally understand, I also work full time, so for the same reasons I'll not do another 365 till I'm retired!!
When I did my 365 a few years ago, it could be challenging, but my commute was different, more local roads so easy to shoot out my window at a stopped light, I had a garden, lots of ops there!, I had a cat.... just seems like so many more opportunities to get an image every day. :confused:

lisamjw

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
Real Name
Lisa Waddell
Device

Ryn S

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ryn S
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
I added their themes to my online calendar, and I’m dropping to a weekly this year instead of the daily, so....I could post here I guess just as easily, but....if I find their themes too challenging on any given week I’ll go my own way so if that’s better on my own just let me know :)

Ryn S

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ryn S
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
Ok probably not my best idea ever, it looks like it would be better if people were to 'Go your own way' as Fleetwood Mac so sweetly sang. :cool:
I think it’s a great idea! But for me personally, as an example...week 16 is Portrait Lighting - I don’t do portraits, it’s going to be hard for me to post anything other than a photo of my old flash attachment (which would probably work better - or as well as - the one in February that is “Forsaken” ...I hate to skip the post, but it might be a bigger challenge than I’m up for...I guess maybe I’m asking for a couple of wild card entries that let us work around “the plan”.

GroovyGouvy

MobiLifer
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
Onsite
Project Page
Sounds lovely and interesting. Just for inspiration I even added the calendar to my one, but it's really more for people going outside. And the weekend is too precious to hunt for those themes along with the time of free and time stamp. And as was said, some themes are too explicit. What was the list MsDee had for the year? I remember it was just a word (per day). I could imagine all 7 days work along the one week and everyone can pick one or all seven or even none if they can't make it (like sunset, if unlucky there is none visible the whole week). Got the idea? Who can post one or more dies, who can't is maybe lucky another week. All rhat would count for the thread is that for every week is at least ONE pucture posted. Would that round up the idea?

Ryn S

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ryn S
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
I like the idea of themes also. Maybe we could do a list of 52 one-word themes and people could pick their own order of fulfillment? Something like: Blue, Sun, Happiness, Wet, Hot, etc.... just off the top of my head which is NOT where my best ideas come from :)

sinnerjohn

IOTM WInner - April 2022
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
Onsite
Project Page
OK even though it was my suggestion I've kind of gone off this idea personally. Sometimes I speak (or type) without thinking things through :rolleyes:
If you post images in the B/W challenge and / or the colour challenge, which run 52 weeks of the year. Is this not a group 52?
Yes I know you are not obliged to post there but if you do that's at least 104 images (colour on a weekly theme as well).
Surely these are group 52's in a sense?
Hey but if anyone else wants to run with it please feel free :)

GroovyGouvy

MobiLifer
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
Onsite
Project Page
OK even though it was my suggestion I've kind of gone off this idea personally. Sometimes I speak (or type) without thinking things through :rolleyes:
If you post images in the B/W challenge and / or the colour challenge, which run 52 weeks of the year. Is this not a group 52?
Yes I know you are not obliged to post there but if you do that's at least 104 images (colour on a weekly theme as well).
Surely these are group 52's in a sense?
Hey but if anyone else wants to run with it please feel free :)

Think you are right. For myself I can say it always easy in the beginning when the year starts slow, but too soon it's hard enough to follow the own thread, not to mention even just reading others. Anyway it was a good idea. [emoji8]

mizzicato

MobiStar
Real Name
Milica
Device
After another unfortunate break from photography and Mobitog, I've come again! I'd like to be more committed this time. No, I've decided to do so! So the idea of ongoing project seems like a thing to commit to which would hopefully make me more reliable. 365 seems too demanding, but 52 seems just perfect for me. But, alas, it's not even the beginning of the year :(

I like the idea of a themed project, but I'm not sure I am able to do it yet. Although it probably can make things easier when you are not inspired enough to find a nice photo opp in your surroundings - at least you know what are you looking for. But still, I'm afraid some "tough themes" would have a counter effect and that I would then skip the week, which is the last thing I want to do.

So, here I am now thinking should I begin this project "in the middle of the year" and try to make myself more committed by doing it. I am not even sure if that's ok for entire group who duly started their projects on January 1.

lisamjw

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
Real Name
Lisa Waddell
Device
After another unfortunate break from photography and Mobitog, I've come again! I'd like to be more committed this time. No, I've decided to do so! So the idea of ongoing project seems like a thing to commit to which would hopefully make me more reliable. 365 seems too demanding, but 52 seems just perfect for me. But, alas, it's not even the beginning of the year :(

I like the idea of a themed project, but I'm not sure I am able to do it yet. Although it probably can make things easier when you are not inspired enough to find a nice photo opp in your surroundings - at least you know what are you looking for. But still, I'm afraid some "tough themes" would have a counter effect and that I would then skip the week, which is the last thing I want to do.

So, here I am now thinking should I begin this project "in the middle of the year" and try to make myself more committed by doing it. I am not even sure if that's ok for entire group who duly started their projects on January 1.
Welcome back! You may start your project any time during the year that’s best for you. It will simply end 52 weeks later. You are not the first to start a P52 (or P365) some time other than the first of the year. ;)

As far as themes go, some folks use a theme a week (or a day) but many of us do not. In other words, themes are not required!

Good luck and we all look forward to seeing your images soon!

sinnerjohn

IOTM WInner - April 2022
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
Onsite
Project Page
I think it’s a great idea, John. And Ann’s suggestion re ‘voluntary’ covers most of the possible obstacles ? If you want to do it, I’m in :thumbs:
I'm going to stick my neck out here and say I don't actually see the point in doing a 52, UNLESS its got a theme. Otherwise it would just be 52 random photos that would be better in the challenges. My initial idea was to use a theme that we all could work on.......but hey isn't that what the MC challenge provides? I guess I was typing before thinking, unless you see something in the idea that I don't?

Last edited:
Top Bottom