• > UPDATE Thread < Thanks to all who've DONATED to help with MobiTog's costs, please consider a small regular monthly sum, now possible under the new Donate tab! (NB - If all active MobiMembers Donate just £1/$1 per month it will cover our costs and help with expenditure for updates/improvements) A BIG THANK YOU ALL for your continued generosity & support!
  • PLEASE READ THIS THREAD < Tap for linky - MobiTog still has a few minor updates/improvements to complete... :)

Halide grainy, really grainy, in low light

Tiffany

MobiStarlet
Real Name
Tiffany
Device
iPhone Xs Max
I've taken photos with Halide in low light and when I look at them on my 5k iMac or even my iPad Pro they have a distorted, almost painterly quality about them.

I don't know if I have samples to share because lately I've been shooting with ProCamera 10.

I seem to be the only one with this issue as everyone I know is using Halide.

Anyone else seeing this? ProCamera handles this much better. If I can find some images I'll share them.

terse

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
I've been using Halide a fair amount recently but not in any low-light situations, so I'm no help there. If you find some of those images, let me know what the ISO and shutter speed were, and I'll see if I can reproduce it.

On the other hand, ProCamera's a fine app (one I also use frequently), and if I had to pick between the two, I'd probably stay with ProCamera.

Tiffany

MobiStarlet
Real Name
Tiffany
Device
iPhone Xs Max
I've been using Halide a fair amount recently but not in any low-light situations, so I'm no help there. If you find some of those images, let me know what the ISO and shutter speed were, and I'll see if I can reproduce it.

On the other hand, ProCamera's a fine app (one I also use frequently), and if I had to pick between the two, I'd probably stay with ProCamera.
Yeah that's probably it. Recently started adjusting camera settings because somehow I forgot how to shoot :expressionless:

I'll have to try it again but honestly I love that ProCamera's WB settings can be adjusted by Kelvin. That's a killer feature, and the slider when you use that setting is color coded so you know if you are going warmer or colder. That alone has me sticking with ProCamera 10.

Checked out Halide the other day and I just don't get the appeal.