iPad (Generic)
Photo editor, filters, extension, info and more - HayPhoto by Mushegh Papyan
https://appsto.re/ca/IRI6-.i
Currently $3.99 US
85.7mb in size

Free version:
Free photo filters, effects - HayPhoto lite by Mushegh Papyan
https://appsto.re/ca/tmiT2.i
The free version has 13 filters, no basic exposure settings and does save at full resolution.

The Full version:
130 Filters/Effects split into categories.
Ink (borders) has 13. Some have a slight filtering effect but some of the frames are unique.
Vintage with 24 Filters/Effects
Camera with 18
Monochrome with 11
Artistic with 16
Bokeh with 11
LightLeak with 35

image.png

Main screen is laid out with buttons along to the top and bottom.
Top from left to right are Back/Cancel, Save, Autoenhance, Information (Basic Exif/Location Data), and Setup.
Bottom from left to right has
Straighten complete with a reset, you can rotate up to about 45 degrees in either direction
Basic exposures shows a requester with a slider and there are two dots and a sun symbol, which will let you adjust Shadows, Exposure or Highlights.
Colour is similar with adjustments for Hue, Vibrance, Saturation and WhiteBalance that brings up another requester with temperature at the end. Next is Sharpness along with Softness, Vignette and Noise Reduction.
Last is The Filters/Effects. When you initially tap on this choice it takes around 20 seconds to generate the thumbnails for all the choices. Thumbnails are of your loaded image at the time. All thumbnails are shown square regardless of the images actual aspect ratio.
There is an Alpha Slider for Vintage, Bokeh and LightLeaks but strangely not Ink, Camera, Monochrome or Artistic. I would like a couple of changes here. First is that the Alpha Slider does not show automatically, it shows under the Setup icon in the top right and the slider when it comes up is a little on the small side, it would be nice to have a longer slider with either a percentage shown or markers as well as showing up automatically. I would like the Alpha Slider even for the Ink or Frames category.

image.png

The app saves at full input=output resolution. On my iPad 3 the max was 4096x4096 or 4096 long side or around 16 megapixel. Another user with an iPad Pro said that he was working and saving at full resolution with 24 megapixel images So save resolution is hardware limited. Still for me the 4096 is very good. and if I really need larger then I could use BigPhoto. The only digital camera that I have and use is 14 megapixel though I do have a couple apps that will give me larger (DMDPanoramic or AutoStitch).

Altering the Alpha as well as changing the Filter/Effect does have some lag as it updates. Would be nice to have less lag but overall it is again because of slower hardware. New devices will have less lag. As of yet I haven't 'borrowed' my wife's iPhone 5S to try it on that...

Filters/Effects are non Destructive so at any time you can revert back to the original.

Other things on my wish list :)
Cropping, flipping of photos when you initially open them.
Stacking of Filters/Effects and I hope this too can be changed in a future update. The only way at this time is to save and open that image and add another Filter/Effect.
Currently there is only the Alpha Slider to adjust the Filters/Effects and I hope that rotation and flipping will be added in the future (soon :)).
Option if you are editing a Tiff file to resave it as Tiff

I have been in touch with the developer and he is interested in making the app even better in the future. I will send him a link to this and he is free to participate in any discussions about the app. Initially I thought I would put this in my ongoing quick comments thread but have decided to do post it in its own thread.

There is available a desktop version of this app for OSX also.

I have a few things in the wishlist but the app shows promise.
Many thanks to Mushegh Papyan for letting me evaluate this app!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Great images Larry! That barn pic is beautiful...

Thanks for a great review. :thumbs:

Thanks Larry. Looks good but not $9.99US good.
Hopefully the price will drop to more manageable levels soon.

Back
Top Bottom