WildPlace

MobiPassionista
Real Name
Yvonne
Device
iPhone X
Onsite
Project Page
Thought i would post some of my iPhone (occasionally iPad) images in here.

Starting off with this one - perfect winter's day light this morning so took a short ride out down the the Isle of Eriskay.

image.jpeg

Hipsta/Florence/Irom 2000

Starting off with this one - perfect winter's day light this morning so took a short ride out down the the Isle of Eriskay.

View attachment 102600

From a couple of days ago, standing stone near Stoneybridge. I popped a B&W version in the challenge thread.

Tiddled about with it in Pixlromatic and DistressedFX (as far as i can remember!) :)

View attachment 102601
View from the front door, first snowy day of winter, a few days ago. Yes i messed around with it quite a bit but can't remember for the life of me what i did! (Note to self must make notes when tiddling).

View attachment 102602
These are all so very lovely, Yvonne! You live in a very beautiful part of the world.

View attachment 102600

Gorgeous landscape, like Lisa says, a beautiful part of the world........maybe a little cold but beautiful all the same !

These are all so very lovely, Yvonne! You live in a very beautiful part of the world.

Gorgeous landscape, like Lisa says, a beautiful part of the world........maybe a little cold but beautiful all the same !

Thank you, yes it is very beautiful - I guess like all places it has it's pros and cons of living here - e.g. bad weather and the ferry doesn't come in with the supermarket's supplies and it can be a tad scary when the wind's blowing 90mph. I generally migrate to a warmer climate for my annual break during my quiet work times in February/March - either southern Spain or Texas usually. You can only take so much cold, wind and greyness! ;)

Askernish House, the "big house" of the township. Dates back to 1835, grade 2 listed. Just undergone a major refurb. Taken using Tin Type - besides which in B&W the dirty great yellow digger sticking out at the right hand side isn't so obvious...

View attachment 102634
Thank you for posting these Yvonne! I love these. You live in a wonderful corner of the planet :):thumbs:

Thank you, yes it is very beautiful - I guess like all places it has it's pros and cons of living here - e.g. bad weather and the ferry doesn't come in with the supermarket's supplies and it can be a tad scary when the wind's blowing 90mph. I generally migrate to a warmer climate for my annual break during my quiet work times in February/March - either southern Spain or Texas usually. You can only take so much cold, wind and greyness! ;)
Wow...Texas! That's some serious migration! I live in Texas. Where do you come to visit? Am I correct to assume you come for the bird watching along the coast?!;)

Askernish House, the "big house" of the township. Dates back to 1835, grade 2 listed. Just undergone a major refurb. Taken using Tin Type - besides which in B&W the dirty great yellow digger sticking out at the right hand side isn't so obvious...

View attachment 102634
Wonderful, and the perfect edit.

Snapseed’s Healing tool or the app Retouch could get that pesky digger out of there I bet.

Wow...Texas! That's some serious migration! I live in Texas. Where do you come to visit? Am I correct to assume you come for the bird watching along the coast?!;)

We usually fly in to Houston then head to the coast (Surfside Beach) have a few days there exploring/birding then head down to Rockport for a few days (we were there in March this year and stayed right on the sea front at the Reel 'em Inn - can't believe the devastation that hurricane Harvey caused!). Then we head down to the Rio Grande Valley and stay near McAllen spending our time birding between South Padre Island and Falcon State Park, then it's off to Hill Country and then back to Houston to fly home.

Love the birds, warmth and sunshine at that time of year :thumbs: Don't like chiggers but they seem to like me :mad:

Thanks for the tips, I have Snapseed so i'll take a look, I don't think I have Retouch :)
The Snapseed healing tool works pretty well, but it can have problems when you're trying to remove something that's touching (or very close to) a defined edge (like the side of a house). TouchRetouch has an array of tools that cover different situations, including a clone tool and a special tool for removing lines (like overhead wires). It goes on sale at intervals, and somebody usually mentions that in the Bargains thread.

Oooo....grab that up. I can’t live without it.

:lmao: Hmm, the words "bad influence" come to mind...

The Snapseed healing tool works pretty well, but it can have problems when you're trying to remove something that's touching (or very close to) a defined edge (like the side of a house). TouchRetouch has an array of tools that cover different situations, including a clone tool and a special tool for removing lines (like overhead wires). It goes on sale at intervals, and somebody usually mentions that in the Bargains thread.

:thumbs: Thanks!

It's a well-known effect here. You can try "Get thee behind me, Satan," but usually he just says "Looks good from back here, too."

(Sorry, but I don't often get a chance to use an old joke like that. :lmao:)
:lmao:

Back
Top Bottom