Hello.

Populuxe

MobiAddict
Real Name
Kent Kangley
Device
iPhone15
I’ve been using photo apps since about 2010 when I got my first iPhone. I discovered Hipstamatic and I’ve loved it ever since. I bought all the Synthetic apps, as well as about a hundred other apps. But it always comes back to Hipstamatic. I am currently using an Android for my cell phone, but I have Hipstamatic, Hipstamatic X, Cinamatic, Tintype, DSPO, Oggl, Incredibooth, and Incredibooth video on my iPad Mini. Finally had to give up on Swankolab and Disposable. I don’t shoot as often as I’d like, but I always have my iPad with me for when I do find the time.

I’ve been using photo apps since about 2010 when I got my first iPhone. I discovered Hipstamatic and I’ve loved it ever since. I bought all the Synthetic apps, as well as about a hundred other apps. But it always comes back to Hipstamatic. I am currently using an Android for my cell phone, but I have Hipstamatic, Hipstamatic X, Cinamatic, Tintype, DSPO, Oggl, Incredibooth, and Incredibooth video on my iPad Mini. Finally had to give up on Swankolab and Disposable. I don’t shoot as often as I’d like, but I always have my iPad with me for when I do find the time.
Welcome to Mobitog! Some folks will be along shortly to welcome and give you some hints about negotiating the site! You will find some other Hipstamatic fans here. Can’t wait to see some images.

Populuxe - Hiya Kent and very warm welcome to the Global Mobile Photography Community that is MobiTog, it is great to have you join us... :D

We are very pleased you have made it to our awesome community, you will find the community extremely relaxed and laid back, we look forward to helping you make the most of our family community... :thumbs:

Please feel free to join in with any and all the activities that you fancy - we welcome newcomers active participation with open arms and we look forward to seeing more of you within the community... :)

For help using MobiTog, general guidance and other assistance, including how to use the Gallery and post iMages, there are loads of useful items in the How Do I Section just click > HERE

And RoseCat will be along shortly to give you even more helpful pointers, but the best advice is just to leap right in and join in anywhere and everywhere you fancy we are quite a friendly bunch really... ;)

Hopefully, you will enjoy our humble offerings and will then spread the word to all of your Mobile Photography addicted acquaintances, friends, family and everyone else you can think of to help us share the MobiLurve around the globe... :inlove:

If you should need any assistance at all figuring anything MobiTog, or Mobile Photography generally, just shout up, everyone here is so very helpful, otherwise just enjoy your new family of likewise addicted Mobile Photographers... :rog:

Welcome, Kent. We have quite a few Hipstamatic enthusiasts although perhaps not as popular as it was 5 years ago. We usually discuss the latest Pak and a number of us have forked out for HipX although not using it in earnest. Would love to see some of your Hipsta stuff. Why not open a thread under Projects and Ongoing Work to showcase your work. For example I have one called Ann’s Arty Attempts where I put up my arty stuff. One with your hipstamatic stuff would be awesome.

Welcome to MobiTog Kent! So glad you joined us! :D I noticed in another post you mentioned being in Washington state... I recently moved there and am looking forward to discovering what it has to offer.

You have most definitely come to the right place to meet new people, learn about mobile photography and hone your skills. :thumbs: Take a look around, maybe join a challenge or two, and feel free to ask us any questions - our MobiCommunity are a super friendly and helpful bunch of mobile photography addicts enthusiasts!! :D

Here's some information that might prove useful as you find your way around:

At the bottom right on any page you'll see “Help” - click on that and it will bring you to our detailed help section. You can also click this link: https://mobitog.com/help/

Visit our "How Do I..." forum, where you'll find all sorts of tips and tricks to help you find your way around more easily: How Do I...

The MobiTog Community is set out in four main areas or sections:

Community
Here we welcome everyone, post announcements and take in your suggestions and comments.

Image Sharing
Self-explanatory and broken down into sub-sections clearly named to make it easy to find a topic of your choice. It is here that you post your images.

Mobitography Discussion
For general conversations and discussions about all things mobile photography related.

Members Area
An exclusive MobiMembers-only section. Feel free to discuss things with other members - and find out about Top Secret stuff not for public consumption!

Important note: Please remember that only images originated on a mobile device (iOS or Android) can be posted to this community. No pictures created on a DSLR or compact camera are allowed.

Handy Tip: At the top of the site you'll see "New Posts", and clicking/tapping on it will take you to all the unread new posts that occurred since your last visit. Note: If there's just too many there to deal with, and you're really anal like me you can go up to the top and select "Mark Discussions Read" - and choose just a specific area to 'clear out', for example App Discussions, or choose all discussions which will clear everything and allow you to sort of 'start fresh'. That way the next time you go into New Posts, there will just be the most recent posts since you "erased" everything.

Also when you hover over your username in the very top right, you have an option to choose "Ignore New Posts", and select any forums/discussions that you DON'T want to show up.

FUN STUFF!!
We have lots of great challenges to help hone your skills and have loads of fun doing it, like JillyG Jilly's Black & White Challenge, and for the color-minded we have MobiColor, zenjenny Jen’s outside-the-box APPstract Challenge, and lots more. Check them out in our Competitions & Challenges forum!!

We also have some wonderful on-going Community "drop-ins", like Sign Spotting, Shadow Selfies, Found Faces, MobiTattoos ;) , Our Grandchildren, Our Pets, and The MobiCafe.

Lastly, if you have any questions on anything at all be sure to give us a shout out!

Hi Kent, welcome to MobiTog! As Star and Ann have already said, we’d love to see your Hipsta images. And we’d like to hear more about your Hipsta journey, too - how you came to know & love it, your favourite pak, your best combos *all with examples, of course :D. And if you would like some help setting up a thread, leave a note here andone of RoseCat ‘s faeries will be right along . . .

(RoseCat , did you tell Kent about the faeries . . . ? I don’t want him thinking I’m delusional :mobibabe:)

along . . .

(@RoseCat , did you tell Kent about the faeries . . . ? I don’t want him thinking I’m delusional :mobibabe:)
I’ve got proof.... :sneaky:

D78893A5-9659-46E4-AE88-3B3E51D1B2DD.jpeg

I'll take delusional over reality right now.

I've actually got a photo thread up already. It's here. Feel free to offer advice. I'm always looking to improve.

How did I discover Hipstamatic? I bought an iPhone (original model) in 2010, just before it was phased out. A few months after buying it I came across an article about the best photo apps for the iPhone, and Hipstamatic was at the top of their list. I downloaded it, played around with it and loved what I was seeing. My best friend got it too, and we starting going to different places just to try out different combos. New Hipstapack? Let's go to Tacoma. Or Ballard. Or Sumner. I also started reading LifeinLoFi.com and iPhoneography.com pretty religiously. I did download and use about 200 other phone apps. I still have about a dozen apps on my phone, but I always return to Hipstamatic. I've had an iPhone 4, 4S, 6 Plus and 7 Plus. Currently I'm using an iPad mini 2 for my photography. Not nearly as inconvenient as you'd think.

Back
Top Bottom