rizole

It's not even my banana.
Real Name
rizole
Device
Huawei
Onsite
Project Page
I've been a member of a couple of mobile photography groups on Facebook for a couple or more years now and wanted to look further afield so it's nice to find this place.

My main photo tropes are surfaces, reflections, colour, textures and macros. I'd like to do more people shots but getting spontaneous pics is tricky and even with a good capture, people can be uncomfortable with the whole thing. My post processing is nearly all in snapseed.

Here's an example that contains surfaces, reflections, colour and texture:
DSC_0318_1.jpg

It's the shore of a reservoir on a perfectly still day with the sky reflecting in the water. The water where I am is iron rich and red/brown. I used snapseed to 'pop' out the colours. Raised ambience, contrast, structure and possibly a touch of the drama filter.

xperia Z3C

Welcome to MobiTog. I love your photo. The colors a wonderful and it takes a bit of nerve to use a tall thin crop like that (which works!). The most striking thing is that at first glance it looks like it must be a composite, but it isn't. I love mind-twisting bits like that. I think this image would go well in the current MobiColour #11 challenge here

https://mobitog.com/threads/new-mc-11.21349/

RoseCat has a handy introductory tip sheet she'll be along to post for you, but if you have any questions, just ask.

rizole - Hi there and a very warm welcome to the Global Mobile Photography Community that is MobiTog, it is great to have you join us from Flickr... :D

That is a gorgeous first iMage post, love the variety in the colours and the fantastic reflection... :thumbs:

Please feel free to join in with any and all the activities that you fancy - we welcome newcomers active participation with open arms... :)

RoseCat will be along shortly to give you some very helpful pointers, but the best advice is to just to leap right in and join in anywhere and everywhere you fancy we are quite a friendly bunch really... ;)

Hopefully, you will enjoy our humble offerings and will then spread the word to all of your Mobile Photography addicted acquaintances, friends, family and everyone else you can think of to help us share the MobiLurve around the globe... :inlove:

Oh, and if you have a minute, please do drop your location pin on the MobiMap, under the Members tab at the top of the page in browser view... ;)

If you should need any assistance on figuring anything MobiTog, or Mobile Photography generally, just shout up, everyone here is so very helpful, otherwise just enjoy your new family of likewise addicted Mobile Photographers... :rog:

Hi Venomator. I'm glad you like it and thanks for the welcome.

I'd almost forgotten I'm on flickr. I joined in 2005 but haven't been active there for something like 6 or 7 years. My name (rizole) used to be the top 2 listings on google for Deviant art and Flickr but times change.

As I'm on the subject, I'm currently active on 2 facebook groups:
UK Mobile Photographers and Xperia Photographers. I'll add a link to here on both those groups.

Great to be here :)

I've been a member of a couple of mobile photography groups on Facebook for a couple or more years now and wanted to look further afield so it's nice to find this place.

My main photo tropes are surfaces, reflections, colour, textures and macros. I'd like to do more people shots but getting spontaneous pics is tricky and even with a good capture, people can be uncomfortable with the whole thing. My post processing is nearly all in snapseed.

View attachment 75907
It's the shore of a reservoir on a perfectly still day with the sky reflecting in the water. The water where I am is iron rich and red/brown. I used snapseed to 'pop' out the colours. Raised ambience, contrast, structure and possibly a touch of the drama filter.

xperia Z3C
Welcome! I like this. The colors! :)

Welcome to MobiTog!! What a beautiful image! :D You have a great eye, and I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work here. :thumbs:

Here's some information that might prove useful as you find your way around:

Visit our "How Do I..." forum, where you'll find all sorts of tips and tricks to help you find your way around more easily: How Do I...

The MobiTog Community is set out in four main areas or sections:

Community
Here we welcome everyone, post announcements and take in your suggestions and comments.

Image Sharing
Self-explanatory and broken down into sub-sections clearly named to make it easy to find a topic of your choice. It is here that you post your images.

Mobitography Discussion
For general conversations and discussions about all things mobile photography related.

Members Area
An exclusive MobiMembers-only section. Feel free to discuss things with other members - and find out about Top Secret stuff not for public consumption!

Important note: Please remember that only images originated on a mobile device (iOS or Android) can be posted to this community. No pictures created on a DSLR or compact camera are allowed.

Handy Tip: At the top of the site in the orange bar you'll see "New Posts", and clicking/tapping on it will take you to all the unread new posts that occurred since your last visit. Note: If there's just too many there to deal with, and you're really anal like me you can go up to the top and select "Mark Discussions Read" - and choose just a specific area to 'clear out', for example App Discussions, or choose all discussions which will clear everything and allow you to sort of 'start fresh'. That way the next time you go into New Posts, there will just be the most recent posts since you "erased" everything.

Also when you hover over your username in the very top right, you have an option to choose "Ignore New Posts", and select any forums/discussions that you DON'T want to show up.

We have lots of great challenges to help hone your skills and have loads of fun doing it, like Vix's MobiMono, and for the color-minded we have MobiColor, ZenJenny's Levels of Abstraction (LOA), a fun group challenge, Elements of Surprise (EOS), and a super interesting and fun challenge Time Stamp where everyone around the globe posts up an image on the same day and time. Check them out in our Competitions & Challenges forum!!

Lastly, if you have any questions on anything at all be sure to give us a shout out!

Hi Venomator. I'm glad you like it and thanks for the welcome.

I'd almost forgotten I'm on flickr. I joined in 2005 but haven't been active there for something like 6 or 7 years. My name (rizole) used to be the top 2 listings on google for Deviant art and Flickr but times change.

As I'm on the subject, I'm currently active on 2 facebook groups:
UK Mobile Photographers and Xperia Photographers. I'll add a link to here on both those groups.

Great to be here :)
Of course, I meant FaceBook... :whistle:

But, now you mention it, MobiTog does have a fantastic MobiFlickr page too... ;)

We are also active on BookFace and Instagram, for those who are already active in those other places... :sneaky:

Although, we concentrate mainly on the MobiTog family community we have established here and that continues to be the original and best of its kind anywhere on the planet... :D

View attachment 75907

xperia Z3C

Wow, that is gorgeous. Welcome to Mobitog. I can't wait to see some more images from you. I know you posted an image of a stream, which is also beautiful.

Hi rizole and welcome to Mobitog! I love the first image you've posted and I look forward to seeing more of them.

This is the 3rd online community I've stayed at. It is special.
Being a person that runs online spaces as a job....well Mobitog ticks all the right tick boxes.
More than that of course, a community is made up of people and I am so enjoying my time here and meeting such interesting, talented, generous and giving people. Thank you.
Stockholm syndrome sinnerjohn ?
Thank you Venomator

No, of course not. It takes at least 18 months for most people.
Actually it's slotted into place the last couple of days. I've been looking for a place to post my pics when the challenges can't contain them. Posting them individually is fine but lacks narrative continuity. A 365 gives both those things but requires a certain discipline. I see the attraction of that but don't fancy it.
The galleries here don't provide the kind of feedback and immediacy that a forum thread can. I've stuck stuff in the gallery but dust has accumulated and it's already a relic.

Actually it's slotted into place the last couple of days. I've been looking for a place to post my pics when the challenges can't contain them. Posting them individually is fine but lacks narrative continuity. A 365 gives both those things but requires a certain discipline. I see the attraction of that but don't fancy it.
The galleries here don't provide the kind of feedback and immediacy that a forum thread can. I've stuck stuff in the gallery but dust has accumulated and it's already a relic.
You could create a thread in the Projects & Ongoing Work forum, https://www.mobitog.com/forums/projects-ongoing-work.19/, then upload as you please. I've done it with my Every Now & Then thread, and Ted as well with his Terse Fragments.

Back
Top Bottom