Hi all...

Actually it's slotted into place the last couple of days. I've been looking for a place to post my pics when the challenges can't contain them. Posting them individually is fine but lacks narrative continuity. A 365 gives both those things but requires a certain discipline. I see the attraction of that but don't fancy it.
The galleries here don't provide the kind of feedback and immediacy that a forum thread can. I've stuck stuff in the gallery but dust has accumulated and it's already a relic.
What RoseCat said (as usual). And I agree about individual postings. I started my "terse fragments" thread because I was ending up with so many images that didn't fit the current themes in various places. But nothing seems to get the exposure for images that the challenges do.

I've been a member of a couple of mobile photography groups on Facebook for a couple or more years now and wanted to look further afield so it's nice to find this place.

My main photo tropes are surfaces, reflections, colour, textures and macros. I'd like to do more people shots but getting spontaneous pics is tricky and even with a good capture, people can be uncomfortable with the whole thing. My post processing is nearly all in snapseed.

Here's an example that contains surfaces, reflections, colour and texture:
View attachment 75907
It's the shore of a reservoir on a perfectly still day with the sky reflecting in the water. The water where I am is iron rich and red/brown. I used snapseed to 'pop' out the colours. Raised ambience, contrast, structure and possibly a touch of the drama filter.

xperia Z3C
That is one heck of a photo you got there. :)

----------------------------------
Tool Store | Claim The Storm | Bully Bag

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom