Hipstamatic by the numbers

richardcb

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Richard
Device
iPhone 12 Pro
I've been away from the Hipsta scene for a while but am glad to see it still seems to be thriving and continuing the hit and miss release pattern of Paks. ;)

Am I right in thinking this year marks Hipstamatic's tenth anniversary? Maybe I should update my index of all the elements.

I've been rummaging through my collection of Hipsta gear and checking it against what's currently available. The numbers are surprising. Do you realise there are over 100 Paks and lenses in the catalogue? Films number nearly 115 and there are 20 flashes and around 25 cases. These are only my calculations and it's entirely possible I may have missed the odd Pak or lens. Does anyone actually use them all? ;)

I've just added the Newton SYD, Haneli and Kissimee paks to my collection. Time to get back into the game. :)

I've been away from the Hipsta scene for a while but am glad to see it still seems to be thriving and continuing the hit and miss release pattern of Paks. ;)

Am I right in thinking this year marks Hipstamatic's tenth anniversary? Maybe I should update my index of all the elements.

I've been rummaging through my collection of Hipsta gear and checking it against what's currently available. The numbers are surprising. Do you realise there are over 100 Paks and lenses in the catalogue? Films number nearly 115 and there are 20 flashes and around 25 cases. These are only my calculations and it's entirely possible I may have missed the odd Pak or lens. Does anyone actually use them all? ;)

I've just added the Newton SYD, Haneli and Kissimee paks to my collection. Time to get back into the game. :)

Does this mean we will see an update of your famous Trello boards? :inlove: :mobibabe: :)

Wow.... that’s a LOT. I don’t even have them all but find it very difficult to make my way around the films and lenses during editing. :barf: A bit overwhelming.... rather like going to a restaurant with a huge menu to choose from.

Well, unless some considerate soul talks me off the ledge it's certainly a possibility. However there are a LOT of elements to add to the list and they all have to be linked to paks, RetroPaks, HolidayPaks and goodness knows what else. :confused:
Good idea Rich... :sneaky:

Consider yourself well and truly talked back onto that ledge... :whistle:

Incidentally, I believe I do own the lot, across the board... :eek:

Did you see the HipstaGear link in the last HipstaPak (SnapPak) thread, everything is listed there... :D

I’d love to see a quick Hipsta challenge. You use to have a lot of those and I feel like I would like to be challenged. RoseCat , you are right. Seems too many Paks now. I feel like I should go in and do some serious spring cleaning and get rid of any that are too extreme. Just keep a core of good ones.

I’d love to see a quick Hipsta challenge. You use to have a lot of those and I feel like I would like to be challenged. RoseCat , you are right. Seems too many Paks now. I feel like I should go in and do some serious spring cleaning and get rid of any that are too extreme. Just keep a core of good ones.

Good idea !

Well. . . richardcb , Master of Hipsta Challenges, has shown his face a few times lately. I wonder if he could be persuaded to a cameo performance ..... :mobibabe: Venomator , do you still have the secret code and the self-destroying instruction tapes?

I wish I had kept a core of good ones. Right now I’m so overwhelmed when I open it, I just shut it down again. I’d need a month to sort them out. Hmmmm, that would kill February for my 365.......

I wish I had kept a core of good ones. Right now I’m so overwhelmed when I open it, I just shut it down again. I’d need a month to sort them out. Hmmmm, that would kill February for my 365.......

So....one image, 348 iterations . . . That wouldn’t cover all possible Hipsta combinations, would it? I’m sure someone with a better math head than mine (ie someone from the other 99.99 recurring of the population) could work it out for you. Then you’d probably have your next two 365s covered as well.

So....one image, 348 iterations . . . That wouldn’t cover all possible Hipsta combinations, would it? I’m sure someone with a better math head than mine (ie someone from the other 99.99 recurring of the population) could work it out for you. Then you’d probably have your next two 365s covered as well.

Exactly why I need a small core of favorites. Unfortunately I have everyone I ever bought. That would be exponential.

Define quick Ann... :whistle:

And, while you’re at it, define everything else we need and then get it started... :sneaky:

:D

Oooh! I loved the Hipsta challenges. Hope to see a new one soon ;)

I have everything in Hipstamatic, except one case. It prompts me everytime there’s a retro sale that I need to buy it :lmao: I have no idea how much I’ve spent over the years, but fully admit that I’ve spent way more on Hipsta then any other app. WAY more. Ive disabled a couple of the films, but over all everything is there... I still use like the same 5 or so lens and films though :lol:

I’ve got them all, but I have disabled quite a few components, especially films.

Doing a little organizing can somewhat help your being totally overwhelmed. I have organized in alpha order all of the special effects lenses ( ie Salvador, Tachmsn, ) then all of the depth of field ones in alpha order ( ie americana, Anne Marie, Sergio etc. ) then normal ones with the most recent to the far right so it’s easy to find to experiment with. I sort the BW and monochrome films alpha, then the regular and disable most of the holiday films and ones I don’t like or never use.

Here’s a little trick I found for faster disabling. In edit films- settings: Instead of clicking on the sprocket and sliding to disabled, just hold the 3 bar symbol to the right of the sprocket that you use to reorder films, lens etc. and just slide the film, lens or flash down to the disabled section. Quick!

Also you can review all of the films etc using the search feature in editing and quickly determine what to disable.

Doing a little organizing can somewhat help your being totally overwhelmed. I have organized in aloha order all of the special effects lenses ( ie Salvador, Tachmsn, ) then all of the depth of field ones in alpha order ( ie americana, Anne Marie, Sergio etc. ) then normal ones with the most recent to the far right so it’s easy to find to experiment with. I sort the BW and monochrome films alpha, then the regular and disable most of the holiday films and ones I don’t like or never use.
That’s fabulous. :notworthy:

If you ever feel the urge to list out those categories (special effects, DIF, etc) with the corresponding films/lenses I know I would be very grateful! I didn’t realize there were more than one DOF lense. :notworthy:

Here’s a little trick I found for faster disabling. In edit films- settings: Instead of clicking on the sprocket and sliding to disabled, just hold the 3 bar symbol to the right of the sprocket that you use to reorder films, lens etc. and just slide the film, lens or flash down to the disabled section. Quick!
Thank you!

Here’s a listing of some of my lenses and films that I group together. Some I have disabled..

Lenses:
Special effects:
Flynn
Fristy
jing
Joey
Kally
Kitschy Richie
Pablo Mark I & II
Penny
Salvador
Tachman

Depth of Field: some are more pronounced than others
Americana
Ann-Marie
Chivas
Loftus
Sergio
Smith
Tinto

Films:

BW / Monochrome:
Alfred Infrared
AOBW
AODLX
Aristotle
Arian
BlacKeys 1942
BlacKeys 44
BlacKeys BW
BlacKeys IR
BlacKeys Supergrain
BlacKeysXF
Clancy
CType
DType
Frutiger
Kitsune
Queen West
SPRKT BW
T Roosevelt
Uchitel
US1776

In all I have disabled 31 films, some of which could be categorized as special effect or otherwise if one wanted to keep more active ( ie the holiday films, the just plain weird ones such as Shilshole, Zama, Louis Infrared, Kowloon, Montjuic, Maple, Strasberg, Stranger etc. )

Here’s a listing of some of my lenses and films that I group together. Some I have disabled..

Lenses:
Special effects:
Flynn
Fristy
jing
Joey
Kally
Kitschy Richie
Pablo Mark I & II
Penny
Salvador
Tachman

Depth of Field: some are more pronounced than others
Americana
Ann-Marie
Chivas
Loftus
Sergio
Smith
Tinto

Films:

BW / Monochrome:
Alfred Infrared
AOBW
AODLX
Aristotle
Arian
BlacKeys 1942
BlacKeys 44
BlacKeys BW
BlacKeys IR
BlacKeys Supergrain
BlacKeysXF
Clancy
CType
DType
Frutiger
Kitsune
Queen West
SPRKT BW
T Roosevelt
Uchitel
US1776

In all I have disabled 31 films, some of which could be categorized as special effect or otherwise if one wanted to keep more active ( ie the holiday films, the just plain weird ones such as Shilshole, Zama, Louis Infrared, Kowloon, Montjuic, Maple, Strasberg, Stranger etc. )
This is fabulous!! I’ve bookmarked it. :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom