Hipstamatic Kyoto Pak

WOTANICUS

IOTM WInner - Sept 21
Real Name
Bill
Device
iPhone 12 Mini
Its not a new Pak, but while trawling through My Gear on Hipsta, I spotted a pak I hadn't picked up in the recent round of sales, Kyoto. The Kodama film is not dissimilar to Peale and gives an 'polaroid' style effect with distressed edges and wet looking edges. The Akira lens brings in deep saturated colour and dark, brooding shadow and tone. I do love a good 'heavy handed' effect sometimes and as i have just picked up an Instax camera too, the idea of small square prints with the hand finished appearance is very appealing. So yesterday, while on a road trip, I found myself in a heavily wooded area nearby a large body of water, so snapped happily away. I'm so pleased that the Iphone 12 captures RAW files too, which can be accessed by Hipsta, so that if the artefacted shot is rubbish, I always have recourse to the original. Anyway, I am really happy with this pak and these are a few results straight out of the phone. What I am hoping to try is print some out of glossy stock and cut them down to look like 'polaroid' style pull offs.
SHHO6508[1].JPG
ONQV7598[1].JPG
SYBY4740[1].JPG

Its not a new Pak, but while trawling through My Gear on Hipsta, I spotted a pak I hadn't picked up in the recent round of sales, Kyoto. The Kodama film is not dissimilar to Peale and gives an 'polaroid' style effect with distressed edges and wet looking edges. The Akira lens brings in deep saturated colour and dark, brooding shadow and tone. I do love a good 'heavy handed' effect sometimes and as i have just picked up an Instax camera too, the idea of small square prints with the hand finished appearance is very appealing. So yesterday, while on a road trip, I found myself in a heavily wooded area nearby a large body of water, so snapped happily away. I'm so pleased that the Iphone 12 captures RAW files too, which can be accessed by Hipsta, so that if the artefacted shot is rubbish, I always have recourse to the original. Anyway, I am really happy with this pak and these are a few results straight out of the phone. What I am hoping to try is print some out of glossy stock and cut them down to look like 'polaroid' style pull offs.
View attachment 169023View attachment 169024View attachment 169025
I used this pak maybe when it was first introduced during a trip to Beijing. I thought it worked well in good bright light. Can be a tad dark but these images work well with it

Back
Top Bottom