• > UPDATE < Thanks to all who've so far DONATED helping us update MobiTog, keep 'em coming please! AND A BIG THANK YOU ALL for your continued generosity & support!
  • IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ THIS THREAD < Tap for linky - MobiTog is open for business with some minor stuff on-going... :)

RESULT Hipstamatic Magic Challenge #8

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
Another fab week but this challenge is now closed! Catherine, time to pick a winner.
EEEEK!!!!! Today has been crazy, and now I'm off to the pub! Hopefully I can do it when I get home.... (depending on how many pints of Guinness I have.... :sneaky: )

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
I only had one Guinness so I'm good to judge.... :sneaky: :D

Not a lot of entries this week, but I really loved all of them! (GroovyGouvy where have you been? :confused: ) One just keeps jumping out at me though.... I just love it, and want it to be printed big and hung on a wall....

JillyG Jilly's beautiful abstract... I think the photo works so well with the pak and brings out the lavender/pink tones I love.

jilly.jpg

A super close second is Jef 's "The Chief"... what a wonderful image and it works so well with this combo!

The Chief Jef.jpg

I also loved lkbside Leslie's Shilshole+TripleCrown Blue Barrel, deepop David's Lumiere+Shilshole+Jolly Rainbow portrait, sinnerjohn John's Autochrome museum (that purple!!), and JillyG 's Avenues & Alleyways. Fantastic images, all of them!

deepop

No Mobi-limiter...
MobiSupporter
Real Name
David
Device
iPhone Xs
My 365
My MobiTog 365

Not a lot of entries this week, but I really loved all of them! (GroovyGouvy where have you been? :confused: ) One just keeps jumping out at me though.... I just love it, and want it to be printed big and hung on a wall....

JillyG Jilly's beautiful abstract... I think the photo works so well with the pak and brings out the lavender/pink tones I love.

View attachment 122459

A super close second is Jef 's "The Chief"... what a wonderful image and it works so well with this combo!

View attachment 122460

I also loved lkbside Leslie's Shilshole+TripleCrown Blue Barrel, deepop David's Lumiere+Shilshole+Jolly Rainbow portrait, sinnerjohn John's Autochrome museum (that purple!!), and JillyG 's Avenues & Alleyways. Fantastic images, all of them!
I as well love the lavender/pink tones of Jilly's photo (and John'd museum pics.)( I tried and failed to get the same palette on the photos I played around with.)Congrats to Jef and all the HMs.

Jef

MobiAddict
Real Name
Jef
Device
iPhone X

View attachment 122459

View attachment 122460

Thanks! Great images all

sinnerjohn

Smooth Bug Catcher
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel

View attachment 122459

View attachment 122460

Well done JillyG, I loved that image (and its backstory) as well :thumbs:

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365

View attachment 122459

View attachment 122460

Thank you. :D Well done to everyone for persevering because, as I said to John, it really helps to see what works with the various combos. I suppose it’s now my responsibility to choose the next combinations. Back soon.:D

zenjenny

MobiStaff
Site Staff
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus

View attachment 122459

View attachment 122460

Congrats JillyG - what everyone else said about your beautiful found abstract (plus ‘wish I’d found it’ :inlove:) And demonstrating Hipsta’s versatility, Jef almost at the other end of the spectrum with the vintage-ish ‘Chief’.

I’m enjoying this thread for educational purposes, though something is not quite clicking (ha ha) in to place yet. Maybe because I’m mainly trying Hipsta filters over existing images? (Are y’all mainly shooting with Hipsta?).

I especially liked Cat’s four HMs, too :notworthy: (And deepop ’s daughter’s glasses).

Jef

MobiAddict
Real Name
Jef
Device
iPhone X
Congrats JillyG - what everyone else said about your beautiful found abstract (plus ‘wish I’d found it’ :inlove:) And demonstrating Hipsta’s versatility, Jef almost at the other end of the spectrum with the vintage-ish ‘Chief’.

I’m enjoying this thread for educational purposes, though something is not quite clicking (ha ha) in to place yet. Maybe because I’m mainly trying Hipsta filters over existing images? (Are y’all mainly shooting with Hipsta?).

I especially liked Cat’s four HMs, too :notworthy: (And deepop ’s daughter’s glasses).
Have been using it mostly with existing images but have wanted to try my luck with using it to shoot images. Also wondering if it will feel different doing that...

Interested to hear what others are doing. The Hipsta game is pretty new to me still.

lkbside

MobiLurver
Real Name
Leslie
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
I shoot most often with the regular camera app and edit. For these challenges I do a mix of pix from the roll and new ones editing to the week’s combos.