Hipstamatic update for iPhone 14?

The developers said an update was coming so that Hisptamatic Classic would work with the new iPhones. Specially the viewfinder. Any news on this?
Hi Mike! Really nice to see you! I’m just popping in to say hello… unfortunately I have no HipstaKnowledge but I’m quite sure others here do. Populuxe Kent lkbside Leslie Geek1956 Kevin? :thinking:

The developers said an update was coming so that Hisptamatic Classic would work with the new iPhones. Specially the viewfinder. Any news on this?
They’re working on updates for the classic and the X, I’ve had a few issues with the X that I’ve been trying to get them to resolve so it’s just a waiting game

Good to hear from y’all. Sorry I’ve been away for a while. A lot of life stuff has come up and I put down all my cameras. Back at it again. Just got my iPhone 14 Pro…meh, I have mixed feelings about it. Really hoping to get Hipstamatic working again. Wasn’t able to get out much for Vermont’s fall foliage season. Hoping to see a few covered bridges this weekend. The weather has been crummy recently.

Good to hear from y’all. Sorry I’ve been away for a while. A lot of life stuff has come up and I put down all my cameras. Back at it again. Just got my iPhone 14 Pro…meh, I have mixed feelings about it. Really hoping to get Hipstamatic working again. Wasn’t able to get out much for Vermont’s fall foliage season. Hoping to see a few covered bridges this weekend. The weather has been crummy recently.
Interested to hear more of your thoughts on the 14? I just got the 14 Pro and I’m really liking it. :thinking:

Well, it’s good to have you back. I’ll be interested to hear what you do and don’t like about the 14. :thumbs:

From what I understand, the 14 Pro’s telephoto sensor is only a fraction of the size of the “wide/normal” camera and slower at that, which begs the question, why have it and just simply crop in on the wide image instead? The telephoto camera suffers from camera shake a bit as well. The 24mm equivalent focal is too wide for my taste. I miss the 28mm length from the earlier models and even the 26mm from my previous phone. The 12mm ultra wide is just too…wide. 16mm would have been better. One last gripe, I promise; the iPhone automatically uses HDR-like processing with all images. Even when you want the dark contrast and shadows, the processing makes it difficult. I have to shoot using another app in RAW to remedy it. I long for the days of my old iPhone 5s.

From what I understand, the 14 Pro’s telephoto sensor is only a fraction of the size of the “wide/normal” camera and slower at that, which begs the question, why have it and just simply crop in on the wide image instead? The telephoto camera suffers from camera shake a bit as well. The 24mm equivalent focal is too wide for my taste. I miss the 28mm length from the earlier models and even the 26mm from my previous phone. The 12mm ultra wide is just too…wide. 16mm would have been better. One last gripe, I promise; the iPhone automatically uses HDR-like processing with all images. Even when you want the dark contrast and shadows, the processing makes it difficult. I have to shoot using another app in RAW to remedy it. I long for the days of my old iPhone 5s.
Ahh, some of this is way over my head, but the bit about using HDR with all images I understand. In previous iPhones, it used to be possible to turn this feature off, but I don’t think you can on the latest models.

But if you take a 48mp image from the normal camera and crop it to the same view as the 3x tele -- if that's what you're suggesting -- you end up with a 5mp image, approximately. :eek: (I'm happy with the 3x tele and haven't seen any signs of shake. It's my favorite lens at the moment.)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom