Hipstamatic - what’s your favourite combos? And let’s see some examples

Theres a really good Tintype app by Hipsta too, gives more controlView attachment 183495
I love Tin Type. Shows up your dog’s glossy coat nicely here.
Good for BW dogs, too :)

3AF0BFD7-1FC2-4831-B2D2-218937C38F56.jpeg

first off Starzee i dont get hipstaX, I couldn’t change lenses etc easily without making a new camera which obviously needs me to pay about £50 for a lifetime pass, hmmmmmm.
I’ve loaded hipsta up on iPad and am surprised to see it works full screen. This could be something I will be using.

without adding any paks, I put hipsta on the iPad, oooooh it works ok you
know. Ok so while I try and work out what packs are any good ( repeated call for suggestions) I’ll throw this one in here. just a mess about but I like the effect.

Jane and blackeys XF

View attachment 183463
I wouldn’t get HipstaX either, but some how when it started up I was given an extremely cheap rate. I can’t remember exactly how it worked, but maybe someone else does.

This is probably like opening a massive pandora’s box but I think quite a few of us are looking to find a set of useable staple combos.

The best piece of advice I picked up was from lkbside , Leslie, who said that she sets her default combo in the editing section of Hipstamatic to the lens Jane and no film. I see my clarity is set to 30 which might also be her advice. Sometimes I need to go no further.

View attachment 183354
my app for awhile has been defaulting to the Cinamatic combo - Loftus, Love, TC and some sliders. I can’t figure out how to get it back to just Jane.

I pretty much always shoot with the native camera or Camera + and edit in Hipstamatic. While I have HipstaX and got the lifetime access for not much when it first came out, I never use it.

Right now I have way too many favorite combos saved. Need to pare them down. Most aren’t really favorites, but saved combos to use on a series of photos that I can easily remove. And many are downloads from hipstography.com which was such a great resource. I’d delete them but I’m worried one day the site will disappear.

Only One bad thing about hipsta. The duplicate effects! Why do they make films that do the same thing multiple times? Is this how they make their money? the first 3 retro packs and starter pack sees up to 3 films with no difference in the effects except a border.
the fact I cannot delete the starter pack means I can only hide the duplicates but with just these few multi packs, it’ll take time to work through what is no use.

Only One bad thing about hipsta. The duplicate effects! Why do they make films that do the same thing multiple times? Is this how they make their money? the first 3 retro packs and starter pack sees up to 3 films with no difference in the effects except a border.
the fact I cannot delete the starter pack means I can only hide the duplicates but with just these few multi packs, it’ll take time to work through what is no use.
That’s why I started this thread! You can become so overwhelmed. It takes effort to control it but worth it if you do.

I pretty much always shoot with the native camera or Camera + and edit in Hipstamatic. While I have HipstaX and got the lifetime access for not much when it first came out, I never use it.

Right now I have way too many favorite combos saved. Need to pare them down. Most aren’t really favorites, but saved combos to use on a series of photos that I can easily remove. And many are downloads from hipstography.com which was such a great resource. I’d delete them but I’m worried one day the site will disappear.
So Leslie, Queen of Hipsta, give us some of your favourites!

Yeah, such a pity hipstography stopped. I enjoyed having a look now and then but still useful for the past examples.

Lovely. Subtle FX but noticaeable.
Hmmmm, I’m not convinced with hipsta with colour yet, I’ll play more but I got more filter effect from apps like snapseed and affinity. It’s a quick way of finding a base colour though. On one mobitog interview I read a lady will process several versions of a photo in hipsta and layer them and blend in another app.

Back
Top Bottom