Hipstamatic X

I’m not able to use the new Hipstamatic. My iPod Touch is running iOS 15.7.3. the App Store says you need iOS 15 to run it, so I should be good. However, after installing it and giving all the permissions, when I get to the profile set up page and click “next”, I get a spinning ring at the bottom of the screen and nothing happens. It won’t advance beyond that point. I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling and restarting the iPod and every combination of restarting and reinstalling I can think of, but it simply won’t go any further. I tried it on my iPad Air 2 which also runs iOS 15.7.3, and I get the same result.

I’m not able to use the new Hipstamatic. My iPod Touch is running iOS 15.7.3. the App Store says you need iOS 15 to run it, so I should be good. However, after installing it and giving all the permissions, when I get to the profile set up page and click “next”, I get a spinning ring at the bottom of the screen and nothing happens. It won’t advance beyond that point. I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling and restarting the iPod and every combination of restarting and reinstalling I can think of, but it simply won’t go any further. I tried it on my iPad Air 2 which also runs iOS 15.7.3, and I get the same result.
Now I’m afraid to try!

I didn't realize X was getting a makeover. So is it just called Hipstamatic now, and the original is being called Classic?
yep - although there's no actual difference in the new version and X that I can see. Hipsta Classic seems to be fine on its own too, thank god.

I've sent an email to Hipstamatic support. Hopefully it will be resolved quickly. This is going to break my nearly two year long daily photo streak.

Edit: I've got a response from them already.
52766364221_ca82a04daf_o.jpg

Last edited:
The bug fix is in. The current version is 9.0.1. I was able to get my preferred handle of Populuxe. However I’ve encountered a new bug. I’m unable to share a camera to get the locked gift camera. I press and hold on a camera which brings up the option of sharing the camera. When I click on share, the app crashes. Every time. Guess I’ll just have to send another email to Hipstamatic support.

Oh, and a reminder to everyone to give Hipstamatic (X) a good shake. That releases the hidden Rando Calrissian camera. It’s like a “shake to randomize“ camera that doesn’t need constant shaking. It’s a lot of fun.

Last edited:
I can't wait to get back out and about with my camera and IPhone, doctors orders to stay in still since January. So till I get the go a head to go out my shots will be indoors.

I can't wait to get back out and about with my camera and IPhone, doctors orders to stay in still since January. So till I get the go a head to go out my shots will be indoors.
At least it’s during the time of not-so-good weather. Here’s hoping you can be outside soon!

What it was is, 30th December 4am last year I had a heart attack and went to hospital to be treated for that, sadly I had the Flu and they put me in ICU as they thought I might die. Two weeks later I came home and have not been outside since then, because I have COPD from working with asbestos as a teenager and smoking it all really hit me hard and badly. I am just waiting to start my cardio rehab as they are so busy and booked up, as I have to go out tomorrow as just sold a lens to post but will get a taxi door to door.

I’ve searched, but I’m not seeing Dave Fuji. If you can add me under the name Populuxe, then I can follow you back. Hope you’re able to get outside soon.
I found Dave Fuji (and Susie) under David Ore.

What it was is, 30th December 4am last year I had a heart attack and went to hospital to be treated for that, sadly I had the Flu and they put me in ICU as they thought I might die. Two weeks later I came home and have not been outside since then, because I have COPD from working with asbestos as a teenager and smoking it all really hit me hard and badly. I am just waiting to start my cardio rehab as they are so busy and booked up, as I have to go out tomorrow as just sold a lens to post but will get a taxi door to door.
How awful!! Take good care of yourself and hoping your rehab with start shortly!

That's a lot to have fall on you. I've never done cardio rehab, but I have done other kinds with physical therapists, and it does work IF you do what they say and keep it up. The hardest part for me was that my progress would plateau at times, so it was easy to get discouraged. Hope you can get started soon.

Well, that certainly was an unfortunate start to your new year. :( I’m glad you’re healing, and will have rehab soon (I’m putting that out into the universe!) Glad you’re here and that maybe we can help keep you from utter boredom while you’re sequestered indoors. :)

I’ve searched, but I’m not seeing Dave Fuji. If you can add me under the name Populuxe, then I can follow you back. Hope you’re able to get outside soon.
Ive found you on Hipstamatic Kent, added you as a buddy, but i'm not seeing anything you have posted.

Well, that certainly was an unfortunate start to your new year. :( I’m glad you’re healing, and will have rehab soon (I’m putting that out into the universe!) Glad you’re here and that maybe we can help keep you from utter boredom while you’re sequestered indoors. :)

Thank you, as the saying goes I have my good days and bad days.

Back
Top Bottom