Hipstamatic X

Like you I rolled the die and bought lifetime, just in case they discontinue the old one or put in the new all I miss at the moment (or both and then regretting to have not went for the bargain …).
I really hate that X destroys the original shot for the edited version. I wanna keep the original, where is the button to save as new or copy?! I don't want to duplicate it first and then go back to the app. I'd never get used to.
Well, and I had indeed a closer look. Besides the not keeping the original, there is no way for shake and bake nor double expose. And I'd rather have a zoom than pulling down a menu to choose the lens or so – but maybe that part I could get used to.
Still I'm curious what will happen to it but at the moment I'm 99.8% old Hipstacam fan. :)
Oh heck, quivering on the edge of my seat. Do I, don’t I. I went back and had a look and there are still quite a few paks I didn’t buy so maybe I can justify the £29 after being sure I wouldn’t do it :oops:. It’s the old FOLO (fear of losing out).

I too have thrown down $30 USD for the new hip X thing and I want to thank the members of this support group for being with me every step of the way.

I snapped some pics today while stopping off between trains in Boston, and while the results were forgettable (and best forgotten), I did sense a little bit of the fun and irreverent spirit of the early Hipstamatic days when those demented cats were just making it up as they went along. Remember that whole bogus legend about the mythical actual plastic Hipstamatic 100? Maybe something cool will come of this or maybe not, but I’m enjoying the early buggy v.1 capers so far.

Hello everyone,

i’m new to this forum, i’m a long time hipstamatic user and just pulled the trigger on the lifetime membership to show the developers my support.
As i was playing around with the new app I discovered a hidden camera - the rando calrissian - which combines a random combination of film and lens for every shot. To unlock it you have to select the instant camera and simply shake your phone to get the notification. Dont know if it also works for the free version, but i was delighted to have that element of randomness back at my disposal..

Hello everyone,

i’m new to this forum, i’m a long time hipstamatic user and just pulled the trigger on the lifetime membership to show the developers my support.
As i was playing around with the new app I discovered a hidden camera - the rando calrissian - which combines a random combination of film and lens for every shot. To unlock it you have to select the instant camera and simply shake your phone to get the notification. Dont know if it also works for the free version, but i was delighted to have that element of randomness back at my disposal..
Cheers Coltrane.....works for me.Thanks.

Hello everyone,

Yeah!!!! Thank you!
What a relief!
That was what I was missing most – beside the "keep the original" button.
*off to see if I find the randomiser"

Hello everyone,

Thanks again, works for me, too.
Now there are only two more things I miss and keep me away really to use it seriously: keep the original and import! I only just realised you can only import/reedit shots that are taken with HX. o_O
I was so sure it's in it that I haven't tried until now.
How can they delete the import?! :fearscream:

Hello everyone,

Welcome to MobiTog, Christoph! If you have a moment we'd love if you'd pop into the Welcome forum and tell us a bit about yourself. :) https://mobitog.com/forums/welcome.2/

Hello everyone,

Thanks for that Christoph!

I got the Rando Calrissian by shaking in the Eazy Auto camera.

Last edited:
This is my first shake with Rando Calrissian.
I may use it as a Xmas card!
0E2C1838-E0D2-4607-BB78-795C79368FCA.jpeg

Isn't that the free frame from last Christmas?
No, at least the one before. :)
But now you mention it: next problem is how to suspend gears you don't like? In the old just delete and they are no longer in shuffle brigade. But with HX???
Just :lol: at the thought that we will be fine with the new one exactly working like the old. So why do they renew it any way? I still haven't found a reason for that anyway. :alien::zip::whistle:

But now you mention it: next problem is how to suspend gears you don't like? In the old just delete and they are no longer in shuffle brigade. But with HX???
Just :lol: at the thought that we will be fine with the new one exactly working like the old. So why do they renew it any way? I still haven't found a reason for that anyway. :alien::zip::whistle:
:rolleyes:

Well no offence to Starzee but the point I was making, same as you in a way, you have this fancy new app that is 'quite' expensive and the first shake gives you a two year old free Christmas frame :eek: :zip:

Back
Top Bottom