Hipstamatic X

No, at least the one before. :)
But now you mention it: next problem is how to suspend gears you don't like? In the old just delete and they are no longer in shuffle brigade. But with HX???
Just :lol: at the thought that we will be fine with the new one exactly working like the old. So why do they renew it any way? I still haven't found a reason for that anyway. :alien::zip::whistle:
To make money, Gouvy, to make money. They couldn’t have got another £29 out of us without it.

and it seems you've paid £29 for virtually the same thing as you had already !?!?!
I know! However, it does give me access to the paks I didn’t have before :sneaky: - at least £10 worth. BUT it doesn’t seem to give you the original image and that’s a dealbreaker for me. And you don’t seem to be able to edit photos that weren’t taken in X or with the original Hipstamatic. Another dealbreaker. I wonder if they will charge extra for this pleasure :rolleyes:.

I know! However, it does give me access to the paks I didn’t have before :sneaky: - at least £10 worth. BUT it doesn’t seem to give you the original image and that’s a dealbreaker for me. And you don’t seem to be able to edit photos that weren’t taken in X or with the original Hipstamatic. Another dealbreaker. I wonder if they will charge extra for this pleasure :rolleyes:.
What I said. Keep originals and import are important like nothing else and why I think I've wasted the money. BUT maybe when we all complain they might think and make it like the old Hipstamatic?

and it seems you've paid £29 for virtually the same thing as you had already !?!?!
Virtually but not exactly. You may have the same elements you’ve already bought but you can use them in different ways with the new interface. I find creating cameras with HX gives a much clearer indication of what you’ve got. Like anything, there are swings and roundabouts.

Just a thought for all those still sitting on the fence or being just plain negative with regards to HX; remember this is still v1.0 - and you know what they say about investing in v1.0 of anything. ;)

As I said earlier, I bought in because I want to see where Hipstamatic take this app. It may fail miserably but this is still a voyage of discovery.

Virtually but not exactly. You may have the same elements you’ve already bought but you can use them in different ways with the new interface. I find creating cameras with HX gives a much clearer indication of what you’ve got. Like anything, there are swings and roundabouts.
With the occasional see-saw. :rolleyes:

After reading previous Mobitog reviews on Hipstamatic X - I believe I'll take a pass .
As a film / lens combo I would be moderately interested in the toy camera for more "Chernobyl - like" effects but that is all ... I already have the lenses / films / flashes I want and will stay the course with the latest (I believe) existing Hipstamatic 300 app . I'll still interested to see what new "First Fridays" combos for the Hipstamatic 300 come out , conversely it's been a while since I saw a new combo I liked and actually purchased - yet I try to remain optimistic a new B&W combo or color combo will be released that knocks me out without crazy frames or effects ! ... About all I can say on Hipstamatic at this time .

Just a thought for all those still sitting on the fence or being just plain negative with regards to HX; remember this is still v1.0 - and you know what they say about investing in v1.0 of anything. ;)

As I said earlier, I bought in because I want to see where Hipstamatic take this app. It may fail miserably but this is still a voyage of discovery.
I’m quite happy to let others be the guinea pigs testers. :D

I have no desire to give Hipstamatic any more of my money (unless it’s the very rare $.99 for a cool looking pak). These days I find Snapseed, Instagram and occasionally VSCO to suit my editing needs perfectly.

Just in case anybody is still uncertain of HX's place in the Hipstamatic scheme of things I thought I'd copy in their latest FAQ, which has some useful info. I've done some minor editing to save space and underlined what I feel to be key points.

Q: Is Hipstamatic X replacing the current Hipstamatic 300 series?
Hipstamatic X an option, not a replacement. The original Hipstamatic app isn't going away. We will be updating and supporting both apps. You can continue to use Hipstamatic 300 series and all your gear just as before. All of your past purchases are safe and unchanged by the release of Hipstamatic X. As well, you can also import all of the lenses and films you've already bought into Hipstamatic X, for free.

Q: Do I have to buy a subscription in Hipstamatic X?
The subscription is optional. However it may be useful to both existing and new customers alike. It provides a simplified way to access the entire Hipstamatic catalog of lenses and films, as well as opening up other features such as the ability to store more custom cameras.

Q: Can I use my existing Hipstamatic 300 series gear in Hipstamatic X?
If you already have lenses and films you enjoy in Hipstamatic 355, just run the Restore Purchases process (in that app) and you'll find them all populated in Hipstamatic X. To access them there use the Build New Camera function in the Camera Bag.

Q: What's the difference between the two apps?
The two apps solve two different issues for us. Hipstamatic 300 is now a robust photo shooting and editing app. It's come a long way from the early days of Hipstamatic 100 and we embrace that growth. However, we got a bit nostalgic for some of the serendipitous point-and-shoot results that the early app produced. We designed Hipstamatic X from scratch to focus on a simplified shooting experience, with sometimes unpredictable but still beautiful results.

Q: Can I import photos into Hipstamatic X for editing?
The new app is intended to refocus the user experience on taking photos, with lots of easily accessible combos. Hipstamatic X does not have an editing suite but the rich editing tools found in Hipstamatic 300 series will continue to offer significant photo editing choices.

Q: Where is the Multi-Exposure Kit?
In trying to keep Hipstamatic X streamlined we didn't initially add some features, like the cool Multi-Exposure Kit. However, we realize it's a big part of the Hipstamatic experience. Look for it to arrive in Hipstamatic X in a future release!

Q: Where are the flash effects from Hipstamatic 300?
The flash effects will continue to be available in Hipstamatic 300 series. They were not included in Hipstamatic X to try and keep the setup and shooting process as slick as possible.

Q: Why are the cases different? Where are the old cases?
The cases in Hipstamatic X are all new and were designed just for this app. The older cases were all designed for Hipstamatic 300 series and as with all other gear there they will continue to be available for use in that app.

One striking effect of the new X app has been to rekindle my interest in Hipstamatic generally — with the somewhat perverse result that I’ve been using the old, classic app to snap photos of autumn colors and whatnot.
EDB6233F-45A0-4D6A-BAFB-E4242681DB66.jpeg

(lens:Americana film:Kodot Souvenir flash:Apollo)

One striking effect of the new X app has been to rekindle my interest in Hipstamatic generally — with the somewhat perverse result that I’ve been using the old, classic app to snap photos of autumn colors and whatnot.

(lens:Americana film:Kodot Souvenir flash:Apollo)
Lovely. Like a little explosion. If it’s given you the impetus to get out and photograph with the old app, then I think it’s money well spent. :thumbs:

And of course one of the features of the classic Hipstamatic, which the X app may or may not inherit, is that it is buggy as hell, behaves unpredictably in the heat of the moment, and occasionally delights you with “ruined” exposures that are just perfect somehow. Like a real toy camera. Like the other night on a bus speeding through Rockland, “the arts capital of Maine“.
610787A7-E8D7-4641-AC0C-29CCBF3145F3.jpeg
AF6090BD-34F0-41B6-ADE1-1F39B448D870.jpeg
49E6D219-C13E-4A8D-AED5-89A391D819D4.jpeg
A875A0B1-0CA5-4C3A-B1DB-25000C939890.jpeg

And of course one of the features of the classic Hipstamatic, which the X app may or may not inherit, is that it is buggy as hell, behaves unpredictably in the heat of the moment, and occasionally delights you with “ruined” exposures that are just perfect somehow. Like a real toy camera. Like the other night on a bus speeding through Rockland, “the arts capital of Maine“.
Wow. Very noir! :thumbs:

I like the first and last of these the most :thumbs:

Just in case anybody is still uncertain of HX's place in the Hipstamatic scheme of things I thought I'd copy in their latest FAQ, which has some useful info. I've done some minor editing to save space and underlined what I feel to be key points.

Q: Is Hipstamatic X replacing the current Hipstamatic 300 series?
Hipstamatic X an option, not a replacement. The original Hipstamatic app isn't going away. We will be updating and supporting both apps. You can continue to use Hipstamatic 300 series and all your gear just as before. All of your past purchases are safe and unchanged by the release of Hipstamatic X. As well, you can also import all of the lenses and films you've already bought into Hipstamatic X, for free.

Q: Do I have to buy a subscription in Hipstamatic X?
The subscription is optional. However it may be useful to both existing and new customers alike. It provides a simplified way to access the entire Hipstamatic catalog of lenses and films, as well as opening up other features such as the ability to store more custom cameras.

Q: Can I use my existing Hipstamatic 300 series gear in Hipstamatic X?
If you already have lenses and films you enjoy in Hipstamatic 355, just run the Restore Purchases process (in that app) and you'll find them all populated in Hipstamatic X. To access them there use the Build New Camera function in the Camera Bag.

Q: What's the difference between the two apps?
The two apps solve two different issues for us. Hipstamatic 300 is now a robust photo shooting and editing app. It's come a long way from the early days of Hipstamatic 100 and we embrace that growth. However, we got a bit nostalgic for some of the serendipitous point-and-shoot results that the early app produced. We designed Hipstamatic X from scratch to focus on a simplified shooting experience, with sometimes unpredictable but still beautiful results.

Q: Can I import photos into Hipstamatic X for editing?
The new app is intended to refocus the user experience on taking photos, with lots of easily accessible combos. Hipstamatic X does not have an editing suite but the rich editing tools found in Hipstamatic 300 series will continue to offer significant photo editing choices.

Q: Where is the Multi-Exposure Kit?
In trying to keep Hipstamatic X streamlined we didn't initially add some features, like the cool Multi-Exposure Kit. However, we realize it's a big part of the Hipstamatic experience. Look for it to arrive in Hipstamatic X in a future release!

Q: Where are the flash effects from Hipstamatic 300?
The flash effects will continue to be available in Hipstamatic 300 series. They were not included in Hipstamatic X to try and keep the setup and shooting process as slick as possible.

Q: Why are the cases different? Where are the old cases?
The cases in Hipstamatic X are all new and were designed just for this app. The older cases were all designed for Hipstamatic 300 series and as with all other gear there they will continue to be available for use in that app.
Very helpful!! Thanks Richard! :notworthy:

View attachment 150442View attachment 150443View attachment 150444View attachment 150445
These are really cool!

OK, for all those demanding proof that HX works, here's a picture of my feet. :p It's actually the first shot I got from the Rando Calrissian 'secret'camera and I thought was a nice 'toasty' effect. As richardgrant said I think HX offers unpredictability and 'occasional delights', which is not a bad thing to have amongst today's advanced editing and effects apps.

HMOriginal-CA5629CD-4D80-4017-8992-FE583F17E6DD.jpg

Back
Top Bottom