Hipstamatic X

OK, for all those demanding proof that HX works, here's a picture of my feet. :p It's actually the first shot I got from the Rando Calrissian 'secret'camera and I thought was a nice 'toasty' effect. As richardgrant said I think HX offers unpredictability and 'occasional delights', which is not a bad thing to have amongst today's advanced editing and effects apps.

View attachment 150454
Maybe not quite the example I was looking for !
My general point was that a few people were hyping the app up as the best thing since sliced bread , but not giving us any examples of what it can do.
Would you post this in the Facebook Hipsta group Richard? Are we missing some richardcb meisterworks?

As someone who has trouble finding the perfect combo among the lenses, films and flashes, I like the new app. I can slowly add just combos I really like, recognize my customized case quickly and take the shot. I like having the original app to play around with combos, but I’m hoping that the new app will give me the confidence to use it regularly.

Maybe not quite the example I was looking for !
My general point was that a few people were hyping the app up as the best thing since sliced bread , but not giving us any examples of what it can do.
Would you post this in the Facebook Hipsta group Richard? Are we missing some richardcb meisterworks?
I would not overhype HX. After all, it’s Hipstamatic just in another skin. The results should be indistinguishable from the original.

As for Facebook, sure, but which group? There are so many! I’ve used Hipsta365 in the past but they are very theme-centric. Not sure they’ll be doing ‘toasty feet’ as a subject anytime soon. ;)

As someone who has trouble finding the perfect combo among the lenses, films and flashes, I like the new app. I can slowly add just combos I really like, recognize my customized case quickly and take the shot. I like having the original app to play around with combos, but I’m hoping that the new app will give me the confidence to use it regularly.
Well said. The big difference between H300 and HX is operational. Anything that can help navigate the plethora of Hipsta elements and encourage more use gets my vote.

I would not overhype HX. After all, it’s Hipstamatic just in another skin. The results should be indistinguishable from the original.

As for Facebook, sure, but which group? There are so many! I’ve used Hipsta365 in the past but they are very theme-centric. Not sure they’ll be doing ‘toasty feet’ as a subject anytime soon. ;)
Don’t forget the Hipsta Fetishists Group - sub-section Feet.

Shame we are not seeing many examples on Mobitog :rolleyes:
The makers might be nostalgic for the original app that didn’t provide the original image but the rest of us messed up great images before this with no way of being able to salvage them. Don’t think we want to go back there. Few of us take the image in Hipstamatic anymore too.

I wondered if I could cheat somehow. I took an original Hipstamatic image and blended over it in iColorama and told it to keep the original metadata during the save but Hipstamatic X wouldn’t have it. You can still take images in 300 and then change them in X. Not much point really except I do have quite a few paks in X which I don’t have in 300.

...I do have quite a few paks in X which I don’t have in 300.
I noticed that. Just made a camera in HX using a lens and film I never bought in H300. Seemed to shoot ok but when I checked the metadata in H300 it couldn't identify the components, simply labelling them as 'Missing lens' and 'Missing film'.

The makers might be nostalgic for the original app that didn’t provide the original image but the rest of us messed up great images before this with no way of being able to salvage them. Don’t think we want to go back there. Few of us take the image in Hipstamatic anymore too.

I wondered if I could cheat somehow. I took an original Hipstamatic image and blended over it in iColorama and told it to keep the original metadata during the save but Hipstamatic X wouldn’t have it. You can still take images in 300 and then change them in X. Not much point really except I do have quite a few paks in X which I don’t have in 300.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding that, but CANNOT take a picture in any app and edit it HX. Because no import and not even planned.
Well, richardcb had this very fine Q&A posted and I thank you for that. There was one question not listed and because I wrote to Hipsta some days ago and received their answer I'd like to share this:
Besides the most of the above question I asked them if they are at least planning to keep the original file as every edit overwrites the former.
They said they don't, BUT: if you want the original just go to Fotos app, open and edit. There you see the red reverse arrow and when pressed you have the original shot.
That means: duplicate, edit in Fotos, done. Funny thing is: the duplicate doesn't show up in HX. So make sure you edit the duplicate in Fotos (except you only want that one shot). And you can duplicate any edit. Very inconvenient, but a least some help. :) Would be much nicer if they add a save as new to the allow … button.

ImageArt Ann! Now I see what I didn't before! Just installed it to my iPod and now I see what you mean: the hipsta pictures are shown in its app album! I haven't had that on my phone. May it be is half broken uniqueness or ios12. Sure you can cheat this way! Now I can follow your thought. Sorry, no misunderstanding just a device that doesn't know to behave with expected manners. :(

Maybe I'm misunderstanding that, but CANNOT take a picture in any app and edit it HX. Because no import and not even planned.
Well, richardcb had this very fine Q&A posted and I thank you for that. There was one question not listed and because I wrote to Hipsta some days ago and received their answer I'd like to share this:
Besides the most of the above question I asked them if they are at least planning to keep the original file as every edit overwrites the former.
They said they don't, BUT: if you want the original just go to Fotos app, open and edit. There you see the red reverse arrow and when pressed you have the original shot.
That means: duplicate, edit in Fotos, done. Funny thing is: the duplicate doesn't show up in HX. So make sure you edit the duplicate in Fotos (except you only want that one shot). And you can duplicate any edit. Very inconvenient, but a least some help. :) Would be much nicer if they add a save as new to the allow … button.
Thanks for this Gouvy. Worth knowing.

I wonder if the reason why you cannot see anything on your iphone is because you haven’t taken any Hipsta pics with it? It is worth noting that changing the Pak for an image taken in X can only be done on the original device that you took it on. So if you take a Hipsta X pic on you iPod and transfer it to your iPhone it will not come up in the album section. ALSO, if you take your X pics off your device and put them back on later they will not work in X. ALSO, the original Hipstamatic images need to be taken on that device to show up in the X version. This makes X even more unappealing! Beginning to wonder why I wasted my money....

Thanks for this Gouvy. Worth knowing.

I wonder if the reason why you cannot see anything on your iphone is because you haven’t taken any Hipsta pics with it? It is worth noting that changing the Pak for an image taken in X can only be done on the original device that you took it on. So if you take a Hipsta X pic on you iPod and transfer it to your iPhone it will not come up in the album section. ALSO, if you take your X pics off your device and put them back on later they will not work in X. ALSO, the original Hipstamatic images need to be taken on that device to show up in the X version. This makes X even more unappealing! Beginning to wonder why I wasted my money....
Sooooo agree! I'd better wasted the money on the gear missing in the origHi. :lmao:

Hi everyone, I’m new here too! Interestingly I bought the lifetime membership deal WITHOUT the help of you folks in this fine thread, lol. I really wanted to support the developers stay in business. Also I didn’t want to miss out on any new amazing gear in the future and also to complete my gear library. I hadn’t been purchasing many paks over the last few years as I was finding them overall too faded, blue/cool toned, or too heavy on the effects.

But now I’m set! Let’s hope I this X Hipsta evolves nicely. Like richardcb said, anything that increases the apps use and ease of creating combos I’m all for it.

Now a few things that are sucking for me are: No import! I really hope this is included in the future at some time, it really is a funny place to be having access too all the gear and ONLY being able to apply it to new photos. With that being said, hitting “edit” in a new photo that is taken with X only allows me to apply a pre-chosen combo! And apply them on-top of the already baked in lens/film look from the time of shooting? Is this correct?

And one other question burning in me right now is: Starzee , I’ve searched high and low and cannot fine the name of the lens and film for that stellar amazing posted on the bar stool on the table in BW with a half tone.....I looked for that “minimalist“ look on hipstology and nothing. What lens and film is that? Love the extreme BW with the half tone dots!!

Ill post some images once I get a decent one, my iPhone 6 Plus is near its death (another reason to life-time sign up: future proofing my Hipsta for when I finally upgrade to an 11 Pro.

Hi everyone, I’m new here too! Interestingly I bought the lifetime membership deal https://mobitog.com/forums/welcome.2/WITHOUT the help of you folks in this fine thread, lol. I really wanted to support the developers stay in business. Also I didn’t want to miss out on any new amazing gear in the future and also to complete my gear library. I hadn’t been purchasing many paks over the last few years as I was finding them overall too faded, blue/cool toned, or too heavy on the effects.

But now I’m set! Let’s hope I this X Hipsta evolves nicely. Like richardcb said, anything that increases the apps use and ease of creating combos I’m all for it.

Now a few things that are sucking for me are: No import! I really hope this is included in the future at some time, it really is a funny place to be having access too all the gear and ONLY being able to apply it to new photos. With that being said, hitting “edit” in a new photo that is taken with X only allows me to apply a pre-chosen combo! And apply them on-top of the already baked in lens/film look from the time of shooting? Is this correct?

And one other question burning in me right now is: Starzee , I’ve searched high and low and cannot fine the name of the lens and film for that stellar amazing posted on the bar stool on the table in BW with a half tone.....I looked for that “minimalist“ look on hipstology and nothing. What lens and film is that? Love the extreme BW with the half tone dots!!

Ill post some images once I get a decent one, my iPhone 6 Plus is near its death (another reason to life-time sign up: future proofing my Hipsta for when I finally upgrade to an 11 Pro.
Hello Mr Fung and welcome to Mobitog. It’s lovely that X Hipsta brought you to us. I think the combo that Star used was this one:

F7FD0736-764C-4160-975C-503BB56EF241.png

The hatching of the shadows looks similar.

I look forward to seeing some of your images dotted about Mobitog. :thumbs: It would be lovely to know a bit more about you and your photography and you could tell us here.:D

Yes, if you edit a photo it only seems to give you their combos. I can’t seem to find the combos I have made to apply to an existing photo. Can only seem to use your own combos when you take the image.

I’m not sure if it applies the edit over the existing one. It doesn’t seem to but I can’t be sure. I suppose the only way of testing it is to try the edit in both Hipstamatic apps.

I sincerely hope that this is just a ruse to create a different app and that they will slowly add what we want over time.

Hello Mr Fung and welcome to Mobitog. It’s lovely that X Hipsta brought you to us. I think the combo that Star used was this one:

View attachment 150872

The hatching of the shadows looks similar.

I look forward to seeing some of your images dotted about Mobitog. :thumbs: It would be lovely to know a bit more about you and your photography and you could tell us here.:D
Yup. Mr. Fung , JillyG got it right! I found it on the Hipstography website.

Another way to get back to the original image is to open the photo in Hipsta 300. Remove all the elements, ie film, lens, then save it. You can save a no edit favorite combo in hipsta 300 to save time.
Now that I have my new 11 pro I need to play with the X some more.

I usually need to crop and/straighten at a minimum, so I don’t know how often I’ll use it. But I do like that instant camera! Haven’t bought it. Still using the beta.

For all my fellow Hipsta X users out there (it's no use hiding, I can see you!), Hipstamatic have just released version 2 of the app. Changes include:
  • Camera Roll access. Now you can import and edit any photo in your library.
  • Filter lenses/films by Style (and more) when building a camera.
  • More share options with improved Instagram share.
  • New Sprocket signature camera for club members.
So, it's good to see Hipstamatic are developing and supporting their new baby. Let's hope for more requested features in the future.

For all my fellow Hipsta X users out there (it's no use hiding, I can see you!), Hipstamatic have just released version 2 of the app. Changes include:
So, it's good to see Hipstamatic are developing and supporting their new baby. Let's hope for more requested features in the future.
Thanks for posting this. Installed the iOS version since beta not updated to these features. Great to see the update.

Yeah!!! :)

My app store version is showing that my trial ends in 7 days - in "subscriptions" I see $24.95 per year after that - where did you guys see the lifetime offer?

I still have the option when I go to use a combo with a padlock and i get the offer price. Not been tempted yet, prefer RNI Films at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom