Hipstamatic X

I also got that email. Strange, I thought the discount was only for the first week of HX - or is this a different one?
Actually it reads it's the last day for lifetime membership. It doesn't say for how much. Maybe it's the last day you'll get if for 300£/$/€ and it's offered never more???

Saw this just now. But it’s not offering that option - tried deleting, reinstalling. But still no. Emailed them - I’d do it for lifetime, but otherwise will delete.
D44EF364-8053-407A-AADC-E191C16A38C8.png
3838AC5C-8E7D-4A19-A7A2-34408964ED6D.png

Saw this just now. But it’s not offering that option - tried deleting, reinstalling. But still no. Emailed them - I’d do it for lifetime, but otherwise will delete.
View attachment 151059View attachment 151060
Maybe it's because you went for that trial week? Well, don't you have good connections to hipsta? Maybe you can complain and tell them you're more than eligible to get the cheap lifetime but hit the wrong button accidentally?
Crossing fingers!!!

Hey all, here is a pic with the half tone effect that Starzee had posted. I found that the app was being a bit of a pain in the butt while the cafe internet was intermittently disconnecting.

Has anyone else found that X requires an internet connection? At least to initially load the custom cameras?

I’d hate to head into the wild out of cell phone range and have none of the gear load and not be usable due to some aggressive off-loading of gear in the week leading up to it if it was not used.
HMOriginal-0AD41701-DF63-4A84-8DC9-B063D4D47523.jpeg

Nice to see the import option! It appears as though you can always overwrite the edits in HipstaX or even go into camera roll and revert to original, that’s good. You’ll have to duplicate for sure though to have more than one at a time unless you save each iteration as you go...however those are no longer revertable, those edits are baked in.
Here sis Police Motorbike from my Sony A7S real camera....and a screen shot of an amazing iOS video game called “Sky”, lol....

IMG_5346.jpeg

Nice to see the import option! It appears as though you can always overwrite the edits in HipstaX or even go into camera roll and revert to original, that’s good. You’ll have to duplicate for sure though to have more than one at a time unless you save each iteration as you go...however those are no longer revertable, those edits are baked in.
Here sis Police Motorbike from my Sony A7S real camera....and a screen shot of an amazing iOS video game called “Sky”, lol....

View attachment 151128
View attachment 151129
View attachment 151130
Hey Mr Fung, welcome to Mobitog. Lovely to have you here. Great photos, but photographs from “real” cameras cannot be posted on Mobitog. This is a mobile photography community, so anything taken with your iPhone 6+ or any other mobile device is fine. So would you remove your two lovely police motorbike images please.

Sorry about that, I was so excited to follow up on my wish for an import option.....I’ve got a cat photo instead, if only I could find where the heck the edit button went on that post!

Bare with me a moment....

Hmm....edit button where are you? Only this fresh post has the Edit button next to the Report button, but my older post does not have that.....should I report myself? haha.....gulp!

Sorry about that, I was so excited to follow up on my wish for an import option.....I’ve got a cat photo instead, if only I could find where the heck the edit button went on that post!

Hmm....edit button where are you? Only this fresh post has the Edit button next to the Report button, but my older post does not have that.....should I report myself? haha.....gulp!
:lol: Don’t worry, I know someone who can edit it. I think there’s a thing where, after a certain time, you can’t edit your posts. Or I might have imagined that.:D But one of the Mobi fairies can always help.:thumbs:

The Edit button will be there for 24 hours after you post. Beyond that, only staff can make changes. And you certainly can Report yourself as a way of asking staff to make a change. :lmao:

I will admit I’m a Hipstamatic fanboy. If necessary, I would have coughed up the big money for a lifetime membership to Hipstamatic X. Thankfully I didn’t have to. I think $30 is reasonable considering I get all future updates and never have to pay any more.

I drove out to the ocean today (Ocean Shores WA). I was in the mood for a day at the beach and trying out HX. I’ve been trying to figure out just what it brings to the table that OG Hipstamatic doesn’t. Unlike OGH where you can quickly experiment with lenses and films, HX feels like its best if you pick your favorite combos ahead of time and stash them in your camera bag. Not enthused by the idea that it appears you need an internet connection to use the app. Can make shooting and camera building in the field a bit of a pain. Despite those concerns, I still like the app.

I just unlocked the Rando Calrissian camera which I didn’t even realize was available. I also got the seven winter-themed cameras from Hipstamatic’s Instagram feed. Finally I got the new H-Pro X. It’s a “give to get” camera. Send it to a friend and it will unlock. It describes itself as “Modern Retro Grain” but it looks less grainy and more just plain out of focus to me. I haven’t gotten what I consider a good shot from it yet. Here are a couple examples:
32AFE627-5737-4317-8124-F3557C603377.jpeg

78021C27-4B5D-45C9-8304-11CB50F02F89.jpeg

Last edited:
I will admit I’m a Hipstamatic fanboy. If necessary, I would have coughed up the big money for a lifetime membership to Hipstamatic X. Thankfully I didn’t have to. I think $30 if reasonable considering I get all future updates and never have to pay any more.

i drove out to the ocean today (Ocean Shores WA). I was in the mood for a day at the beach and trying out HX. I’ve been trying to figure out just what it brings to the table that OG Hipstamatic doesn’t. Unlike OGH where you can quickly experiment with lenses and films, HX feels like its best if you pick your favorite combos ahead of time and stash them in your camera bag. Not enthused by the idea that it appears you need an internet connection to use the app. Can make shooting and camera building in the field a bit of a pain. Despite those concerns, I still like the app.

I just unlocked the Rando Calrissian camera which I didn’t even realize was available. I also got the seven winter-themed cameras from Hipstamatic’s Instagram feed. Finally I got the new H-Pro X. It’s a “give to get” camera. Send it to a friend and it will unlock. It describes itself as “Modern Retro Grain” but it looks less grainy and more just plain out of focus to me. I haven’t gotten what I consider a good shot from it yet. Here are a couple examples:
View attachment 155072View attachment 155071
I’d describe them as “painterly”. :)

I will admit I’m a Hipstamatic fanboy. If necessary, I would have coughed up the big money for a lifetime membership to Hipstamatic X. Thankfully I didn’t have to. I think $30 is reasonable considering I get all future updates and never have to pay any more.

i drove out to the ocean today (Ocean Shores WA). I was in the mood for a day at the beach and trying out HX. I’ve been trying to figure out just what it brings to the table that OG Hipstamatic doesn’t. Unlike OGH where you can quickly experiment with lenses and films, HX feels like its best if you pick your favorite combos ahead of time and stash them in your camera bag. Not enthused by the idea that it appears you need an internet connection to use the app. Can make shooting and camera building in the field a bit of a pain. Despite those concerns, I still like the app.

View attachment 155072View attachment 155071
I quite like the Rando Calrissian camera at the moment just because I haven’t bothered to get many cameras set up. Also if you get a combo you like from this you can hit the Share button and choose ‘Match Camera Settings’ to set up a camera in that style. Pretty cool. Make sure you scroll the ‘Match Camera Settings’ option up otherwise the Use Camera button on the next dialogue doesn’t show :confused: - on the iPhone 11 anyway.

There is a new Adventure Camera in the camera bag. It's the Windhoek pack from classic Hipstamatic, but in a nice leather bound camera body.

Back
Top Bottom