HIPSTAMATIC

Absolute hogwash :lol:
For every major event there are always theories saying it never happened. Many people believe that 9/11 or the Holocaust never happened either, would you give those crackpots the time of day?
All the main theories can be easily be disproved by science, its all on the internet. No one has gone back since because of the obscene amounts of money it would cost. Would you as an American taxpayer want you money to go on the homeless or a trip to the moon?
OMG, I opened a can of worms. It was just a throwaway remark really. Not meant to be taken seriously

Yes, but that’s Richard Goodwin’s opinion. I’d like to hear your breakdown of the video, and why what they are saying is hogwash.
Not about to go through a 45min video Catherine point by point, esp one that starts with biblical quotations :rolleyes:
Lets just agree to disagree, you think one thing I'll think the other. Although how you can dismiss the greatest feat of engineering/science in modern times amazes me. Do you think America could have really fooled an estimated audience of 650 million watching worldwide?

Not about to go through a 45min video Catherine point by point, esp one that starts with biblical quotations :rolleyes:
Lets just agree to disagree, you think one thing I'll think the other. Although how you can dismiss the greatest feat of engineering/science in modern times amazes me. Do you think America could have really fooled an estimated audience of 650 million watching worldwide?
Sure, no problem. But since you were so quick to dismiss it I was curious to hear your reasons. Guess the reasons are just “because I said so”. :)

I didn’t “dismiss” anything (and the biblical quotes - which I don’t even remember seeing - have nothing to do with what I was speaking about). I said it gave me pause, made me think. There’s hardly ever “One Right Answer”. There’s always alternate ways of seeing things. For some of us, any way. :)

And yes, I absolutely think that people could have been fooled. I see too many instances where people just accept something unconditionally without it ever crossing their minds that there could be other options. Mindlessly accepting everything the media spews at us. So yeah, it’s not out of my realm of possibilities.

OMG, I opened a can of worms. It was just a throwaway remark really. Not meant to be taken seriously
I took it seriously because I thought the same thing. That video I had seen made me pause and look at it with completely different eyes.

I am fine with differing opinions, and healthy debate, but I’m not too keen on having my comment deemed “hogwash”, or insinuating I’d rather spend money on moon travel vs. helping the homeless. I just figured if he was going to be that bold then he should back his comments with something of depth. <shrug> My bad. :D

Last edited:
We went to the moon. Those are the facts, backed up by an extraordinary amount of easily verified evidence. No one gets alternative facts about this. Every single “proof” presented to claim we never went to the moon has been thoroughly and completely debunked. To deny we went to the moon is an extraordinary insult to the thousands of people around the world who poured their hearts, souls, and intelligence into achieving one of mankind’s greatest successes. Not to mention the astronauts and cosmonauts who gave their lives bringing us that success.

The anti-science beliefs that give rise to moon landing denialism are part and parcel with the anti-vaccination beliefs that are killing so many anti-vaxxers right now. If you’re going to choose who to believe, pick the educated experts, the people trying to save your lives, not the incompetent amateurs with an axe to grind and a YouTube channel to monetize.

Folks, I think we should put a lid on this now. It’s becoming way too political. Let’s agree to disagree and keep Mobitog the peaceful forum it has been for so long.

We went to the moon. Those are the facts, backed up by an extraordinary amount of easily verified evidence. No one gets alternative facts about this. Every single “proof” presented to claim we never went to the moon has been thoroughly and completely debunked. To deny we went to the moon is an extraordinary insult to the thousands of people around the world who poured their hearts, souls, and intelligence into achieving one of mankind’s greatest successes. Not to mention the astronauts and cosmonauts who gave their lives bringing us that success.

The anti-science beliefs that give rise to moon landing denialism are part and parcel with the anti-vaccination beliefs that are killing so many anti-vaxxers right now. If you’re going to choose who to believe, pick the educated experts, the people trying to save your lives, not the incompetent amateurs with an axe to grind and a YouTube channel to monetize.
Exactly.

New updates to Hipsta Classic and X on the way
E1BAE85E-E94D-44D0-9F37-4C53C6ABEA4C.jpeg

Is it my imagination, but has there never been a pack in Hipstamatic Classic with all four elements: film, lens, flash and case? Other than the Starterpak, of course. There have been several with three elements, the vast majority have had two, and a few with only one, but never a new pack with all four elements. It just seems surprising is all.

Is it my imagination, but has there never been a pack in Hipstamatic Classic with all four elements: film, lens, flash and case? Other than the Starterpak, of course. There have been several with three elements, the vast majority have had two, and a few with only one, but never a new pack with all four elements. It just seems surprising is all.
I think they’re struggling to come up with Paks these days. Back when I joined 8 years ago the emphasis was on lens and films and occasionally flashes.

Not sure Ive ever seen a pak with all four elements. I don't bother with cases and rarely use flashes, unless there is a significant FX element. The last few lens/film combos have been lacklustre. With so many film effect apps out there and two verdions of the same programme to accomodate, they are clearly running out of new ideas.

Looking at the photos in the Warsaw Hipstapak, it got me thinking about how Covid-19 and travel restrictions have affected the packs Hipstamatic have released over the last two years.

2/20 Nakazicho - Japan
3/20 Windhoek - Namibia
4/20 Stay Home SnapPak
5/20 Glam-o-rama SnapPak
6/20 Papua New Guinea - Melanesia
7/20 Little Five Points - Atlanta GA USA
8/20 Surrealist SnapPak
9/20 Guam - Micronesia
10/20 East Austin - Austin TX USA
11/20 Winwood - Miami FL USA
12/20 Summerlin - Las Vegas NV USA
1/21 Edgewood - Atlanta GA USA
2/21 Gastown - Victoria BC Canada
3/21 San Diego - CA USA
4/21 Ladakh - Kashmir India
5/21 Cooper-Young - Memphis TN USA
6/21 Moab - UT USA
7/21 Valley of the Sun - Phoenix AZ USA
8/21 Roswell - NM USA
9/21 Fort Lauderdale - FL USA
10/21 Alamo Heights - TX USA
11/21 Metaverse
12/21 Nara - Japan
1/22 Nørrebro - Copenhagen Denmark
2/22 Warsaw - Poland
3/22 Puerto Vallarta - Jalisco Mexico

In the early days there were still a few far flung locations the Hipstamatic crew visited, but it quickly turned to US locations and SnapPaks (not tied to any geographic location) for close to two years. Ladakh stands out as an exception, but I notice the sample photos on the gear page are by Mayumi Murakami, a name I've never seen before or since. In a 20 month stretch, 17 packs were either US, Canada, or SnapPaks. And of those 17, 12 were spread across the southern US. Places that would be easy to drive to, I'm guessing. Now we've had four Hipstapaks in a row that are from locations outside the US, so it would appear they've been traveling again.

Looking at the photos in the Warsaw Hipstapak, it got me thinking about how Covid-19 and travel restrictions have affected the packs Hipstamatic have released over the last two years.

2/20 Nakazicho - Japan
3/20 Windhoek - Namibia
4/20 Stay Home SnapPak
5/20 Glam-o-rama SnapPak
6/20 Papua New Guinea - Melanesia
7/20 Little Five Points - Atlanta GA USA
8/20 Surrealist SnapPak
9/20 Guam - Micronesia
10/20 East Austin - Austin TX USA
11/20 Winwood - Miami FL USA
12/20 Summerlin - Las Vegas NV USA
1/21 Edgewood - Atlanta GA USA
2/21 Gastown - Victoria BC Canada
3/21 San Diego - CA USA
4/21 Ladakh - Kashmir India
5/21 Cooper-Young - Memphis TN USA
6/21 Moab - UT USA
7/21 Valley of the Sun - Phoenix AZ USA
8/21 Roswell - NM USA
9/21 Fort Lauderdale - FL USA
10/21 Alamo Heights - TX USA
11/21 Metaverse
12/21 Nara - Japan
1/22 Nørrebro - Copenhagen Denmark
2/22 Warsaw - Poland
3/22 Puerto Vallarta - Jalisco Mexico

In the early days there were still a few far flung locations the Hipstamatic crew visited, but it quickly turned to US locations and SnapPaks (not tied to any geographic location) for close to two years. Ladakh stands out as an exception, but I notice the sample photos on the gear page are by Mayumi Murakami, a name I've never seen before or since. In a 20 month stretch, 17 packs were either US, Canada, or SnapPaks. And of those 17, 12 were spread across the southern US. Places that would be easy to drive to, I'm guessing. Now we've had four Hipstapaks in a row that are from locations outside the US, so it would appear they've been traveling again.
A great bit of detective work Kent. :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom