HIPSTAMATIC

I'm pretty sure they do travel since the photos are always attributed to someone at Hipstamatic, mostly Mario Estrada but sometimes Ryan Dorshorst or Aravind Kaimal or Luke Beard.
As I said, im being cynical. I love Hipsta Classic and Allan Bedford is always uber helpful on support. Just wish they would concentrate more on classic development and less in the trashy gimmickry. I use Hipsta X on a daily basis, but as its the unpaid version, all the stamps and stickers I get are hidden, but its not enough of an incrntive for me to buy into what is essentially the same programme with a few bells and whistles.

I doubt they actually travel TBH, I think they are stock photos post processed
While I imagine many of the images are original, I can guarantee that they find stock images and post process them. I just came across an image when I found this forum yesterday, that is listed on Hipstamatic's Warsaw page, that is a stock photo from Unsplash, that I've used in work presentations multiple times, which is how I recognized it.

I actually sent a message to Hipstamatic — it's very disappointing that a photography app would use someone else's image and claim it as their own. Slapping a filter on someone else's stock photo does not make it yours.

While I imagine many of the images are original, I can guarantee that they find stock images and post process them. I just came across an image when I found this forum yesterday, that is listed on Hipstamatic's Warsaw page, that is a stock photo from Unsplash, that I've used in work presentations multiple times, which is how I recognized it.

I actually sent a message to Hipstamatic — it's very disappointing that a photography app would use someone else's image and claim it as their own. Slapping a filter on someone else's stock photo does not make it yours.
as I suspected.

Well, hi, there Web-Betty ! Welcome to Mobitog! We’re not all into Hipstamatic, but we are all mobile photographers. Have a look around and see if our little online community is the right place for you! We’d love to have you introduce yourself here. We have a color challenge and a black and white challenge. Others will be along to welcome you, meantime you can check out our rules here.

Wow. Not cool, Hipstamatic. But sadly I’m not surprised.

Here's another one.
Credited to Mario Estrada on the Hipstamatic gear page but actually by Matt Moloney on Unsplash.

Matt Moloney
matt-moloney-LDG35ZxLYlQ-unsplash.jpg

"Mario Estrada"
warsaw-9-15d4aed7-08d6-4668-93f3-02dc5139a666.jpeg

Here's another one.
Credited to Mario Estrada on the Hipstamatic gear page but actually by Matt Moloney on Unsplash.

Matt Moloney
View attachment 181547

"Mario Estrada"
View attachment 181548
The example photographs are too uniformly good and all scream 'stock photo' - but just adding a quick filter doesn't mean they can claim its a Hipsta original. bery naughty

I'm kind of surprised we haven't seen the July Hipstapak yet. It's been more than five weeks since the last one on June 2nd. I keep checking the gear page, but nothing is coming up.

I'm kind of surprised we haven't seen the July Hipstapak yet. It's been more than five weeks since the last one on June 2nd. I keep checking the gear page, but nothing is coming up.
I always go by the first friday rule, but las months was actually a bit early. Is not the fist time they have been a bit tardy, just hope its not another 'light leak' or 'abstract' effect one. A good solid classic filter combo would be nice.

Huh. It looks like a dozen cases have been removed from the app.

Argentina, Deutschland from the Futebol CasePak
Cowgirl from the SXSW FreePak
Driftwood, Keyaki, Red Oak from theWoodTone CasePak
Fashionista from the Mac and Milk Fashion FreePak
Gangster Deco from the Gangster Squad FreePak
NSW Always On from the NSW Always On FreePak
Steambox from the Cowboys & Aliens FreePak
W Mag Commemorative from the W Mag FreePak
We Will from the Rock the Vote FreePak

If the pack came with other elements like film, lens, or flash, those remain available. It's just the cases that have been dropped.

Huh. It looks like a dozen cases have been removed from the app.

Argentina, Deutschland from the Futebol CasePak
Cowgirl from the SXSW FreePak
Driftwood, Keyaki, Red Oak from theWoodTone CasePak
Fashionista from the Mac and Milk Fashion FreePak
Gangster Deco from the Gangster Squad FreePak
NSW Always On from the NSW Always On FreePak
Steambox from the Cowboys & Aliens FreePak
W Mag Commemorative from the W Mag FreePak
We Will from the Rock the Vote FreePak

If the pack came with other elements like film, lens, or flash, those remain available. It's just the cases that have been dropped.
Is this from the Classic? I’ve shooting with the newer Hipstamatic and can only pick one case at a time. I edit images in Classic.

Back
Top Bottom