Hong Kong and Beyond....

So the farm was on the way to Cradle Mountain National Park. The last leg of our Tassie trip. I was originally going to leave it out because it was a lot to fit into 6 days but in the end we made it 7 days with less time in Hobart and it was definitely the right move. This with the Freycinet National Park were the highlights for me.

We did two long walks and saw pademelons (small ‘kangeroos’), echidna and wait....a platypus :inlove:. We went out on the Enchanted Walk at dusk especially to try and see them along the little creek. Fortunately a couple had seen them and pointed them out before leaving otherwise we wouldn’t have seen them. It was pretty dark.

16AA93A3-5D29-443C-BF9C-87EE8689ACBE.jpeg

41459424-843D-4614-975B-555A8E709B13.jpeg

07A15738-1A33-44B3-9EA5-D517E35F66C7.jpeg

So the farm was on the way to Cradle Mountain National Park. The last leg of our Tassie trip. I was originally going to leave it out because it was a lot to fit into 6 days but in the end we made it 7 days with less time in Hobart and it was definitely the right move. This with the Freycinet National Park were the highlights for me.

We did two long walks and saw pademelons (small ‘kangeroos’), echidna and wait....a platypus :inlove:. We went out on the Enchanted Walk at dusk especially to try and see them along the little creek. Fortunately a couple had seen them and pointed them out before leaving otherwise we wouldn’t have seen them. It was pretty dark.

View attachment 154597

View attachment 154598
View attachment 154599
Beautiful trees.

From here it was down to Bridestowe Lavender Farm. I have always wanted to go to a lavender farm when the lavender is in full bloom. I think the one we went to in New Zealand was a bit prettier but the lavender wasn’t blooming. The red soil inbetween was a little harsh. The products were high quality but pretty expensive. We did the ’free’ half an hour tour including the oil extraction shed (not really free because you paid $10 to enter the farm but well worth it). Very interesting. It surprised me that of all the 100 or so tourists milling around, only 6 of us bothered to do it. However, many of them were there for the lavender bear! Right? Okay, so a female Chinese Pop star cuddled her lavender bear that she got from here on social media. The rest is history. It really put Bridestowe on the map!

Of course I went to the section of the farm where the hundreds of tourists weren’t taking selfies. :lol:

View attachment 154596
I love lavender farms... :hearteyes: Were there lots of bees?

View attachment 154597

View attachment 154598
View attachment 154599
Wow. :inlove:

The next day we went on a 10km walk around the park. Just wonderful. It has to be said there were a fair number of people doing the walk but not too many to spoil it. Of course you won’t see too many people in my photos even if there’s hordes around :lol: .

Here’s a panorama of Wine Glass Bay which is about 45 minutes from the start. Fewer people after this.

The landscape was surprisingly varied and at one point we were walking through what felt like a desolate forest.
View attachment 154281
This view reminds me a lot of the Robberg walk I do in South Africa on the South Coast and I reckon the climate must be very similar but I saw a lot more bugs and creatures on the SA walk surprisingly.
View attachment 154282View attachment 154283
Weirdly the last image looks a lot like trails I've walked in New Jersey. o_O

:rolleyes: Humanity has become so weird.
Definitely. I’m glad I’m not young in this era. It feels so mechanical. Even relationships. All this self absorption, concern about looks, need for assurance in the form of likes and the envy to be like famous people who are, well, just ordinary actually.

Definitely. I’m glad I’m not young in this era. It feels so mechanical. Even relationships. All this self absorption, concern about looks, need for assurance in the form of likes and the envy to be like famous people who are, well, just ordinary actually.
I say the same, all the time. I’m so glad I grew up when I did. I love the tech that we have, but happy I had a different type of start to life.

Back
Top Bottom