How to Access New Posts

But this appears on the front page? Without going through the double click :eek:
Yes. The Projects & Ongoing Work forum contains all of the 365s and 52s. If they showed up on the Home Page, they would tend to hog the realty. All the other forums show up on the Home Page.

Yes. The Projects & Ongoing Work forum contains all of the 365s and 52s. If they showed up on the Home Page, they would tend to hog the realty. All the other forums show up on the Home Page.
So would it not be better then if say Ted's yours and my, occasional thread (if we all agree and there's none I've forgot) be moved to 'Everything Else' which would show up without jumping through hoops?

So would it not be better then if say Ted's yours and my, occasional thread (if we all agree and there's none I've forgot) be moved to 'Everything Else' which would show up without jumping through hoops?
If you’d like me to move your thread there I’d be happy to do it. :thumbs:

I always used to go to New Posts but I think with the new interface it changed its position or disappeared at one point so I got out of the habit of going there. Now that I am aware of it again, I shall certainly go back to using it. It used to be my go-to place after the front page.

I suspect rizole would have a view on this.........if only he could see this thread ;)
I read this thread and didn't really understand what the problem or solution is from What's been said. To be honest, I usually click on the logo and begin again from the homepage (in exactly the way terse suspects).

I've had to sit and study it for some time and I think I have it now but I'm not sure, which says something about usability I guess.

So the "What's New" page is a duplicate of the "Latest posts" front page feed but with fewer entries. .

The "New posts" page is the same again but with all the 365 and project work added in. That makes it the more complete category in the Venn diagram of content organisation.
IMG_20190720_085950~2.jpg

Both the Latest Posts feed and What's New page have "Latest posts" as a title at the top and "View more" buttons at the bottom. All of them take you to the New posts page when you click.

As the "What's new" page seems to duplicate the "latest post" feed from the homepage it looks redundant and over complicating. I'd remove it completely or remove links to it in the navigation to depreciate it. Alternatively rename What's new to Latest posts for consistency.

And as the distinction between New posts and Latest posts is unclear, I'd rename the more complete category to reflect the content. As New posts more complete, maybe Site Feed would be a better title.
IMG_20190720_092549~2.jpg

I'd ditch the "What's new" menu in the navigation (it's on the home page already) and have "Site feed" (New posts) in the primary position.
Screenshot_20190720-095221~2-01-01.jpeg

I'd also change the title of Latest posts to something like "Latest posts - Click for full site feed"

I'm aware things aren't always simple and easy on a site of this size and complexity so none of the above is meant as criticism, just my observations. That said, don't ask me what the difference between posts and comments and posts and comments with the word media in front is.:zip::oops:

I read this thread and didn't really understand what the problem or solution is from What's been said. To be honest, I usually click on the logo and begin again from the homepage (in exactly the way terse suspects).

I've had to sit and study it for some time and I think I have it now but I'm not sure, which says something about usability I guess.

So the "What's New" page is a duplicate of the "Latest posts" front page feed but with fewer entries. .

The "New posts" page is the same again but with all the 365 and project work added in. That makes it the more complete category in the Venn diagram of content organisation.
View attachment 147431

Both the Latest Posts feed and What's New page have "Latest posts" as a title at the top and "View more" buttons at the bottom. All of them take you to the New posts page when you click.

As the "What's new" page seems to duplicate the "latest post" feed from the homepage it looks redundant and over complicating. I'd remove it completely or remove links to it in the navigation to depreciate it. Alternatively rename What's new to Latest posts for consistency.

And as the distinction between New posts and Latest posts is unclear, I'd rename the more complete category to reflect the content. As New posts more complete, maybe Site Feed would be a better title.
View attachment 147433

I'd ditch the "What's new" menu in the navigation (it's on the home page already) and have "Site feed" (New posts) in the primary position.
View attachment 147434
I'd also change the title of Latest posts to something like "Latest posts - Click for full site feed"

I'm aware things aren't always simple and easy on a site of this size and complexity so none of the above is meant as criticism, just my observations. That said, don't ask me what the difference between posts and comments and posts and comments with the word media in front is.:zip::oops:
Smooth Venomator Some great tweaks that might help some MobiPeeps navigate the site more easily?

What rizole said. I've got two suggestions (both just another way of saying what he said, I think).

1. The front page has Latest Posts but gives no clue that these are not ALL the latest posts. New users are likely to assume that what they see on the front page is all, and even some of us who know better ( :oops: ) often act as though that were the case. So in some form or another, the front page should say Selected Recent Posts (or super-fizzy wording of your choice).

2. Once I know there are more recent posts than what I'm seeing on the front page, I need an obvious one-click way to get there. I shouldn't have to choose among alternate paths that may or may not (how do I know?) take me to the same place. So there should be a persistent button for All Recent Posts (again, in the wording of your choice, but the wording needs to be parallel to Selected Recent Posts so that it's clear that the two are a matched set).

Hey all!

Some really ace ideas here - thank you. We’ll have a looksee and make it easier if we can.

Just to clear up a question though:

"New Posts" are unread posts, " Whats New" is what is recently posted including read and unread posts.

Back
Top Bottom