How to: Copy the same uploaded image to a different post

Smooth

MobiLurver
MobiStaff
Real Name
Matt
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
I've made some changes to make this easy. It was a bit of a faff grabbing the image source code before.

Please note that this technique requires the image to be left in the original post. If the original is deleted, it will be removed everywhere.

How to copy a picture to a different post:

Technique 1

Use the 'Your Attachments' function upon creating a new post. This will display a list of recent images you have uploaded.

Technique 2

Hit 'Reply' to the post with the attachment in, then grab the ATTACH code:

Code:
[ATTACH=full]111136[/ATTACH]

Then paste that in to the new post including the bit that looks codey - [ATTACH etc. Bobs your uncles RoseCat...
View attachment 111136

I've made some changes to make this easy. It was a bit of a faff grabbing the image source code before.

Please note that this technique requires the image to be left in the original post. If the original is deleted, it will be removed everywhere.

Technique 1

Use the 'Your Attachments' function upon creating a new post. This will display a list of recent images you have uploaded.

Technique 2

Code:

Then paste that in to the new post including the bit that looks codey - [ATTACH etc. Bobs your uncles RoseCat...
View attachment 111136
Brilliant. Good one Mattie. I didn’t know that RoseCat Catherine had an uncle called Bob. Who knew?

After using the Reply button, which starts a new message, and then you copy the ATTACH line, here’s where it would be nice to have a “Cancel” button to eliminate auto-saving the message that isn’t going to be sent.

Technique 1

Technique 2

Code:

View attachment 111136
Could you elaborate on the Technique 1 instructions. After I’ve found the list of recent posts, then what?
You describe Your Attachments as a list of recent posts, but it is really all posts. Any recent images I would still have on my devices and would just reload the photo from there. The Your Attachments list is more useful for old posts that are much less likely to still be on any devices.
Also I’m wondering if there is some significance to the difference in appearance between your message above as it appears in the thread compared to how it appears in my view here as I’m responding to your message. Several of the code items become invisible in the posted thread.

You describe Your Attachments as a list of recent posts, but it is really all posts. Any recent images I would still have on my devices and would just reload the photo from there.
But it is the most recent. All the most recent images are right there in the first “row” or “page” - it shows the very last 10 images you uploaded. If you tap Page 2, it shows images 11-20 recent images, etc.

After using the Reply button, which starts a new message, and then you copy the ATTACH line, here’s where it would be nice to have a “Cancel” button to eliminate auto-saving the message that isn’t going to be sent.
It may not be a cancel button but still pretty easy: just tap anywhere and hit “Select All” then hit the delete button on your keypad. :thumbs:

1. Select My Attachments
BE23C477-5C5A-4291-B2F7-628B400D7BA2.jpeg

2. Select the image and select Copy

47FEC569-B5B6-412F-A372-9814414017EA.jpeg

3. Select icon for Post Image

B8978B9A-2423-42A2-93FC-D37835B0AC68.jpeg

4. Paste copied url into iPost Image dialog box

A99AC3F4-3B98-4849-AB15-609A1C1239C1.jpeg

5. Voila!

e7bb8bad-894a-422f-9037-399c6545fcec-jpeg.111148

Last edited:
I've made some changes to make this easy. It was a bit of a faff grabbing the image source code before. Please note that this technique requires the image to be left in the original post. If the original is deleted, it will be removed everywhere.

Technique 1 Use the 'Your Attachments' function upon creating a new post. This will display a list of recent images you have uploaded.

Could you elaborate on the Technique 1 instructions. After I’ve found the list of recent posts, then what?

I learn quicker with pictures plus words., so I’ve stepped out Technique 1 visually above (sorry to take up so much space — I tried to do it in autocollage and got in a tizzy trying to keep the images sequential :confused:).

It really is simple (thanks Matt) but took me a few practises with image and instruction to ‘get it’ :mobibabe:

1. Select My Attachments
View attachment 111327

2. Select the image and select Copy

View attachment 111328

3. Select icon for Post Image

View attachment 111326

4. Paste copied url into iPost Image dialog box

View attachment 111329

5. Voila!

e7bb8bad-894a-422f-9037-399c6545fcec-jpeg.111148

That was very helpful, but on a mobile device you need to long press the image (iOS 10, mane it's different on 11) to get the dialogue. That was the part I had to work out. If you press short the image just pops up. With long press it also shows the image, but the copy menu appears.

An if it works how I think I just can paste the copied part here:
https://mobitog.com/attachments/image-jpg.55714/

If not I'll edit it right away.
That was the third image I've posted on mobitog. Looooong time ago. :D

Edit: okay just pasting leads to it and inserting displays it in the post. Got you! Thanks for picture manual :inlove:
image-jpg.55714

That was very helpful, but on a mobile device you need to long press the image (iOS 10, mane it's different on 11) to get the dialogue. That was the part I had to work out. If you press short the image just pops up. With long press it also shows the image, but the copy menu appears.

Edit: okay just pasting leads to it and inserting displays it in the post. Got you! Thanks for picture manual :inlove:
image-jpg.55714
This was your first image? How amazing. Little model sheep seem to figure largely in your mobi life Gouvy.:lol:

image-jpg.55714
This was your third image posted?? :D Hilarious that they were sheep!! I’d say they must be your MobiSpiritAnimal. :sneaky:

This was your first image? How amazing. Little model sheep seem to figure largely in your mobi life Gouvy.:lol:

This was your third image posted?? :D Hilarious that they were sheep!! I’d say they must be your MobiSpiritAnimal. :sneaky:

Ha ha, I didn’t realise that you were posting sheep before the Where’s [the sheep]? Challenge. How about posting this image (using your newly-honed techniques) to our MobiTog Moments thread?

Nope, the third. First was a teddy bear with speech bubble sayin “test”, next was a stereo picture from the Alte Oper I remember working nicely on small devices but not on large computer screens. And this was the first proper one. For mobimono. :D

Back
Top Bottom