MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 14 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
Thought it would be fun to do a "before & after" on my most recent photo. :)

Being somewhat lazy these days, my garden has been my source for photos, and currently there's not much to shoot, but I grabbed this faded flower with the ProCamera app.

image-4318443.png

First I turned it into a black & white using MonoPhix so I could start with a "fresh" photo.

image-2305465964.png

The background was too busy for what I wanted to create so I opened it up in BlurFX and applied the Median blur, then carefully erased it from the flower & stem. I then ran it through Perfectly Clear.

image-2079361352.png

Next came ScratchCam (one of my favorite apps!). I applied a brown colored filter, some scratches and the frame.

image-2211570909.png

For the final touches I opened it up in Iris Photo Suite, applying the Vintage filter "Old Book" using the mask feature. I erased some of it as I didn't want the writing to be too prominent.

My final steps in Iris (which I use on pretty much all my photos) were a bit of polarization, sharpening and resizing.

image-3667036150.png

:D

Sent from my iPhone using MobiTog

That's a great tutorial Catherine. It's great to see it in all the various stages, what a background transformation.

Being somewhat lazy these days, my garden has been my source for photos, and currently there's not much to shoot, but I grabbed this faded flower with the ProCamera app.

View attachment 6772

First I turned it into a black & white using MonoPhix so I could start with a "fresh" photo.

View attachment 6773

The background was too busy for what I wanted to create so I opened it up in BlurFX and applied the Median blur, then carefully erased it from the flower & stem. I then ran it through Perfectly Clear.

View attachment 6774

Next came ScratchCam (one of my favorite apps!). I applied a brown colored filter, some scratches and the frame.

View attachment 6775

For the final touches I opened it up in Iris Photo Suite, applying the Vintage filter "Old Book" using the mask feature. I erased some of it as I didn't want the writing to be too prominent.

My final steps in Iris (which I use on pretty much all my photos) were a bit of polarization, sharpening and resizing.

View attachment 6776

Thank you Cat for the tutorial

This is an excellent start to your Effects & Tutorial Library of mini tutorials Catherine... ;)

Nicely done and uncomplicated to follow through too... :D

From MiPad2 using the awesome & FREE MobiTog App... :D

RoseCat said:

Thank you for sharing!

Wanted to share the processing on my latest abstract since it went through a rather dramatic transformation. :)

(This is best viewed on a computer as each description is paired with the photo, whereas the app has all the photos at the end of the tutorial.)

It started out with my macro heart-in-a-leaf shot, which I ran through the following steps:

image-3674618129.png

(1) BlurFX

image-499571556.png

(2) StripeCam + Iris (you might recognize this as one of my other abstracts!) :sneaky:

image-950964423.png

(3) Tiny Planet

I then adjusted the color in Iris:

image-2225089708.png

Bit #1

The next bit was a photo I had taken with ProCamera of Oil of Oregano (great immune booster!) floating on top of water in a glass (before being stirred and drunk!) I just loved the colors and patterns:

image-895799321.png

Then I cropped out the unwanted parts using PhotoGene2:

image-3572874017.png

Bit #2

Next in this recipe came Blender. I'm still learning the uses of this app and I was bound and determined to do something with it!

First I blended Bit #1 with Bit #2. I did it a few different ways & saved these two versions (I can't remember which blend setting I used.) :(

image-3740838293.png

image-2835321736.png

I rotated one of those versions, then blended those two together in Blender:

image-1648831928.png

Whew!! Okay, all done with Blender.

Next came one of my favorite apps, ScratchCam, and a final run through Iris for some polarization, sharpening & resizing.

image-3626767030.png

wow thanks for the tutorial! I wish more people would take the time to go through all the steps they took to get their final image :) the community and noobie iphoneographers could learn SO much! keep up the good work.

You're very welcome CJ and Zammboss! Glad you found these helpful. :D I love seeing the transformations photos go through to arrive at the final image.

View attachment 6772

View attachment 6773

View attachment 6774

View attachment 6775

View attachment 6776

Yes..absolutely great tutorial!!

Renaissance Man.

This photo was taken today at Starbucks. I spied this elderly gent sitting at the counter with his coffee, cell phone and laptop, and knew I wanted to snap his pic. This type of photography is not my forte, and I wasn't sure how to "sneak" up to him, as there was no way to be totally inconspicuous. I shared my dilemma on Facebook, and after lots of encouragement, I walked up and quickly snapped the shot with ProCamera! :D

I was happy and proud that I got the shot, but when I looked at the photo there were so many elements I didn't want in the picture: He was sitting right next to someone else wearing a LOUD striped shirt, and there was lots of stuff on the wall behind him. I knew I had my work cut out for me!

(1) First I cropped it square,
(2) then converted it to B&W in FilterStorm.
(3) I stayed with FilterStorm and selectively blurred out all the elements I didn't want.
(4) Ran over to ScratchCam and added some grunge.
(5) Brought it into Pixlromatic and added "Swing" effect (found under the light effects), then back into ScratchCam for the frame.
(6) Finally into Iris Photo Suite for a little Polarizer, sharpening and resizing.

IMG_0061.JPG

RoseCat said:
Renaissance Man.

This photo was taken today at Starbucks. I spied this elderly gent sitting at the counter with his coffee, cell phone and laptop, and knew I wanted to snap his pic. This type of photography is not my forte, and I wasn't sure how to "sneak" up to him, as there was no way to be totally inconspicuous. I shared my dilemma on Facebook, and after lots of encouragement, I walked up and quickly snapped the shot with ProCamera! :D

I was happy and proud that I got the shot, but when I looked at the photo there were so many elements I didn't want in the picture: He was sitting right next to someone else wearing a LOUD striped shirt, and there was lots of stuff on the wall behind him. I knew I had my work cut out for me!

(1) First I cropped it square,
(2) then converted it to B&W in FilterStorm.
(3) I stayed with FilterStorm and selectively blurred out all the elements I didn't want.
(4) Ran over to ScratchCam and added some grunge.
(5) Brought it into Pixlromatic and added "Swing" effect (found under the light effects), then back into ScratchCam for the frame.
(6) Finally into Iris Photo Suite for a little Polarizer, sharpening and resizing.

See. We knew you could be stealthy.

Back
Top Bottom