How'd they do that??

OMG I have no idea how I missed your abstract post!!! Was a fave of mine and I adore it even more knowing the steps involved :D

Veevs said:
Oh Cat this is wonderful, thank you so much for the steps of your beautiful image!!

You're very welcome Veevs! So happy you enjoyed it! :D

Sent from my iPhone using MobiTog

Thank you for sharing, Catherine!! So wonderful to see the processes for your beautiful photos!:)

Thought it would be fun to do a "before & after" on my most recent photo. :)

Being somewhat lazy these days, my garden has been my source for photos, and currently there's not much to shoot, but I grabbed this faded flower with the ProCamera app.

View attachment 6772

First I turned it into a black & white using MonoPhix so I could start with a "fresh" photo.

View attachment 6773

The background was too busy for what I wanted to create so I opened it up in BlurFX and applied the Median blur, then carefully erased it from the flower & stem. I then ran it through Perfectly Clear.

View attachment 6774

Next came ScratchCam (one of my favorite apps!). I applied a brown colored filter, some scratches and the frame.

View attachment 6775

For the final touches I opened it up in Iris Photo Suite, applying the Vintage filter "Old Book" using the mask feature. I erased some of it as I didn't want the writing to be too prominent.

My final steps in Iris (which I use on pretty much all my photos) were a bit of polarization, sharpening and resizing.

View attachment 6776

:D

Yes...thank you for taking the time to show/share your steps Cat!

elle said:
Thank you for sharing, Catherine!! So wonderful to see the processes for your beautiful photos!:)

You're most welcome Elle, and thank you!! :D

Carol said:
You are a magician amongst a whole list of artistic adjectives I could use. :)
Sensational work plus sharing such well done tuts with us.:notworthy:

:notworthy: :inlove:

Carol! Thank you so very much! I'm really very humbled by your kind comment... and so glad you enjoyed this! :D

Mary said:
Yes...thank you for taking the time to show/share your steps Cat!

You're quite welcome Mary! :D

I keep meaning to do more of these...just need a few more hours added to my days. ;)

Thought it would be fun to do a "before & after" on my most recent photo. :)

Being somewhat lazy these days, my garden has been my source for photos, and currently there's not much to shoot, but I grabbed this faded flower with the ProCamera app.

View attachment 6772

First I turned it into a black & white using MonoPhix so I could start with a "fresh" photo.

View attachment 6773

The background was too busy for what I wanted to create so I opened it up in BlurFX and applied the Median blur, then carefully erased it from the flower & stem. I then ran it through Perfectly Clear.

View attachment 6774

Next came ScratchCam (one of my favorite apps!). I applied a brown colored filter, some scratches and the frame.

View attachment 6775

For the final touches I opened it up in Iris Photo Suite, applying the Vintage filter "Old Book" using the mask feature. I erased some of it as I didn't want the writing to be too prominent.

My final steps in Iris (which I use on pretty much all my photos) were a bit of polarization, sharpening and resizing.

View attachment 6776

:D

Magnifico Tutorial!!

Robert Lancaster said:
:notworthy: just does not cover it!
Thanks for the amazing tutorials. I have learned so much from perusing these two pages.
These tutorials have ignited (yet more) sparks of creativity.
Have bookmarked this thread for later restudy.
Amazing. Just amazing.

Thank you so much!! I'm so pleased I could cause some sparks! :D

iColorama said:
:thumbs: RoseCat, Thanks for sharing! Amazing technique!
Do you think is it possible to show a bigger image of Renaissance Man 1-5 I would love to check the details but it is tiny (still very impressive!)
(I found the result here : http://www.redbubble.com/people/rosecat/works/8921174-renaissance-man)

Thank you! :D

After looking through my camera roll, I see that in my haste to keep it somewhat organized I've deleted the steps. And due to Apple's ridiculous notion of only keeping the most recent 1,000 images in iCloud... :(

:) no problem, I were more interested in what I thought was a "craquelure" effect, but checking the result I understand that it is some kind of flower stamp which app made that, ScratchCam?
..anyway amazing! :thumbs::inlove:

:) no problem, I were more interested in what I thought was a "craquelure" effect, but checking the result I understand that it is some kind of flower stamp which app made that, ScratchCam?
..anyway amazing! :thumbs::inlove:
That was made with Pixlromatic... and THANK YOU again!

RoseCat said:
Renaissance Man.

This photo was taken today at Starbucks. I spied this elderly gent sitting at the counter with his coffee, cell phone and laptop, and knew I wanted to snap his pic. This type of photography is not my forte, and I wasn't sure how to "sneak" up to him, as there was no way to be totally inconspicuous. I shared my dilemma on Facebook, and after lots of encouragement, I walked up and quickly snapped the shot with ProCamera! :D

I was happy and proud that I got the shot, but when I looked at the photo there were so many elements I didn't want in the picture: He was sitting right next to someone else wearing a LOUD striped shirt, and there was lots of stuff on the wall behind him. I knew I had my work cut out for me!

(1) First I cropped it square,
(2) then converted it to B&W in FilterStorm.
(3) I stayed with FilterStorm and selectively blurred out all the elements I didn't want.
(4) Ran over to ScratchCam and added some grunge.
(5) Brought it into Pixlromatic and added "Swing" effect (found under the light effects), then back into ScratchCam for the frame.
(6) Finally into Iris Photo Suite for a little Polarizer, sharpening and resizing.

Call me crazy but I like step 4 as much as the end result! Nice edit.

mikro said:
Call me crazy but I like step 4 as much as the end result! Nice edit.

Not crazy at all... I did almost stop at that point. :) But then I decided to run it through Pixlromatic, and well... :coffee:

Awesome tutorial. I have been reading good reviews about Iris but I'm still a little hesitant to buy it... As with 645 Pro... Maybe someone here can convince me more ;) Thanks again for an awesome tutorial!

Awesome tutorial. I have been reading good reviews about Iris but I'm still a little hesitant to buy it... As with 645 Pro... Maybe someone here can convince me more ;) Thanks again for an awesome tutorial!
Thank you! :)

I use Iris ALL the time. It's got several great filters, and I use it to sharpen and resize as the last step in all of my photos. It's very user friendly and straight forward, IMO, and a great addition to the camera bag. :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom