rizole

It's not even my banana.
Real Name
rizole
Device
Huawei
Onsite
Project Page
Just come across this, the Huawei P20 Pro.

It's taken the top slot for mobiles on DxOMark, has a triple camera setup and, and this makes me drool, class leading low light results. It's not available in the US and Costs £799 (around $1,110, AU$1,450).

I'm seriously considering one. The only downsides I can see is no headphone jack (when will they ever learn) and a larger size than I'm used to 6.1inch.

and the price?

yes I've looked at it as well, maybe next year, but then they might have something even betterer :D
Still cheaper than the market leaders and I'm unusually in the position where price is a smaller consideration. I certainly don't expect that to last for long so my options will probably narrow the longer I wait.

Still cheaper than the market leaders and I'm unusually in the position where price is a smaller consideration. I certainly don't expect that to last for long so my options will probably narrow the longer I wait.
Its an interesting phone, have you seen any photographic examples ? How big would file size be on 40mp ?
On another note I've lost all faith in DxOMark as they didn't even review the S8 !
The comments below their review are rather critical :confused:

Last edited:
Just come across this, the Huawei P20 Pro.

It's taken the top slot for mobiles on DxOMark, has a triple camera setup and, and this makes me drool, class leading low light results. It's not available in the US and Costs £799 (around $1,110, AU$1,450).

I'm seriously considering one. The only downsides I can see is no headphone jack (when will they ever learn) and a larger size than I'm used to 6.1inch.
I say go for it!

no headphone jack
Turned out not to be an issue for me on an iPhone 7. I only use one extra set of wired ear buds (other than the set that came with it), so the little dongle lives on the end of that cable permanently. Then again, I'm not a heavy user and don't even take them with me when I'm out walking around.

Turned out not to be an issue for me on an iPhone 7. I only use one extra set of wired ear buds (other than the set that came with it), so the little dongle lives on the end of that cable permanently. Then again, I'm not a heavy user and don't even take them with me when I'm out walking around.
The only time I've ever used my ear buds was a couple times when I was talking to my mom and washing dishes at the same time. o_O

But those cameras........who cares about making phone calls :lol:
I've been spoiled by the phones I've had before I reckon. The Sony UI was so well thought out that when I got my Samsung I was a bit disappointed at the lack of attention to detail to the small stuff. Things like the autocorrect being a bit quirky. If the Huawei produce a crappy UI it'll make me think twice 'cus it's not just a camera, it's my podcaster, radio, tv, internet, gaming device, coms, reader, portable storage, development and testing, map, torch, etc.

It’s hard to keep track of all the new offerings. I’m glad to see this info. Once I have a new phone I tend to stop paying attention to other new phones for a while - no point in making myself dissatisfied. However, always hoping to see a better camera come along.

I've been spoiled by the phones I've had before I reckon. The Sony UI was so well thought out that when I got my Samsung I was a bit disappointed at the lack of attention to detail to the small stuff. Things like the autocorrect being a bit quirky. If the Huawei produce a crappy UI it'll make me think twice 'cus it's not just a camera, it's my podcaster, radio, tv, internet, gaming device, coms, reader, portable storage, development and testing, map, torch, etc.
And there’s me thinking it was just a camera :tearsofjoy:

I’m still not hearing anything earth shattering coming from leaks about September’s iphone release. Maybe Apple have got more up their sleeve than they are leaking:sneaky:. If the next version doesn’t produce, I may think seriously of getting the P20 and spending the difference on a well needed upgrade of my mini iPad (which is my all round gadget).

Still not in a position to make the decision yet and the longer I have to wait the more likely something better will come along.
The Xiaomi Mi 8 looks good for camera, battery and storage for instance, just a shame it's so big.
It's a beefy phone that's for sure, not much smaller than the Samsung Notes and they are big phomes!
Have you looked at the One Plus range?

It's a beefy phone that's for sure, not much smaller than the Samsung Notes and they are big phomes!
Have you looked at the One Plus range?
I have.
It's all academic until I have the readies of course. I may even have to wait till my contract is up early next year at this rate and who kn0ws what will be available then.

I’m still not hearing anything earth shattering coming from leaks about September’s iphone release. Maybe Apple have got more up their sleeve than they are leaking:sneaky:. If the next version doesn’t produce, I may think seriously of getting the P20 and spending the difference on a well needed upgrade of my mini iPad (which is my all round gadget).
Looks like they may be going back to the old ‘S’ type days, with a mainly software based update this year, and major physical changes scheduled for next year... :rog:

Back
Top Bottom