• > UPDATE < Thanks to all who've so far DONATED helping us update MobiTog, keep 'em coming please! AND A BIG THANK YOU ALL for your continued generosity & support!
  • IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ THIS THREAD < Tap for linky - MobiTog is open for business with some minor stuff on-going... :)

Hygge - What does it mean for you?

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
Hygge (proun. HUE-gah) - A Danish word that is a feeling or mood that comes from taking genuine pleasure in making ordinary, every day things more meaningful, beautiful or special. The things in life that warm your soul and make you happy... simple pleasures.

Inspired by ImageArt Ann and with encouragement from mwolfer Mel, here we can post images of what Hygge means for each of us. In the words of Ann, "Candles around the house, a bowl of warming soup on a cold winter's day, burning sage to make the house smell lovely, snuggling up with a fluffy blanket and watching your favourite TV show/movie, giving yourself little treats."

This is a thread to celebrate those little things in life we are thankful for and that give us joy and happiness. :inlove:

Last edited:

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
IMG_4230.JPG

What a great idea for a thread. I could flood the thread with lots of posts, but I'll take it slowly and start with this one. My niece, Nicola, who has learning difficulties. She is a great companion and we like doing things together, namely charity shopping and eating out. Here she is saying "Cheers" with a banana milkshake.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
View attachment 83744

What a great idea for a thread. I could flood the thread with lots of posts, but I'll take it slowly and start with this one. My niece, Nicola, who has learning difficulties. She is a great companion and we like doing things together, namely charity shopping and eating out. Here she is saying "Cheers" with a banana milkshake.
Beautiful...

zenjenny

MobiStaff
Site Staff
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
Snapseed.jpg

Nothing makes me happier than art - the dance of the soul.

Sketchclub, her costume is old bg's of mine erased into shape & layered onto each other in Union. Decorative bits = brushes from the generous and prolific Sketchclub community.

Attachments

Last edited:

Starzee

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Hygge (proun. HUE-gah) - A Danish word that is a feeling or mood that comes from taking genuine pleasure in making ordinary, every day things more meaningful, beautiful or special. The things in life that warm your soul and make you happy... simple pleasures.

Inspired by ImageArt Ann and with encouragement from mwolfer Mel, here we can post images of what Hygge means for each of us. In the words of Ann, "Candles around the house, a bowl of warming soup on a cold winter's day, burning sage to make the house smell lovely, snuggling up with a fluffy blanket and watching your favourite TV show/movie, giving yourself little treats."

This is a thread to celebrate those little things in life we are thankful for and that give us joy and happiness. :inlove:
Thank you for this! I belong to photo club and we take turns each month picking a theme then meet for breakfast and share our photos. It's my turn this month and I was going to pick "Making the ordinary, extraordinary ". I had no idea there was a word for it! Not only has my photography and app collection improved with this forum, so has my vocabulary. I hope you don't mind my recycling this

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
Thank you for this! I belong to photo club and we take turns each month picking a theme then meet for breakfast and share our photos. It's my turn this month and I was going to pick "Making the ordinary, extraordinary ". I had no idea there was a word for it! Not only has my photography and app collection improved with this forum, so has my vocabulary. I hope you don't mind my recycling this
You're most welcome! And recycle away! Any of your photo club members mobile photogs? Would love if they joined us. [emoji1][emoji4]

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
Another inch has fallen since I posted. It's reminiscent of a snow storm in late October several years ago that caused Halloween to be cancelled(gasp.)
It's been raining all day here...

zenjenny

MobiStaff
Site Staff
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
"All art is creative recycling" (someone famous).

Glenton

MobiLurver
Real Name
Rodolfo Glenton
Device
iPhone SE
Wonderful!!
What is your favorite meal to cook? I like simple, one pot things like vegetarian chili (cuz I'm a bit lazy.... my dream is to have a personal chef [emoji54])
In Nicaragua the most recurrent everyday meal is "Gallo Pinto" (rice and beans) that we eat at least 4-5 days as breakfast, accompanied by "tortillas" (from corn), cream or cheese, and coffee with late or just black coffee.
For lunch the most usual meal for us is soy meat with vegetables and greens, accompanied by tortillas (again!) and fruit juices (combined with water = "fresco").
Dinner: Pasta!!! (always exclaims happy my grandson :D:lol::lmao: sometimes with tomatoes, others days with vegetables... always with virgin olio :cool:

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
In Nicaragua the most recurrent everyday meal is "Gallo Pinto" (rice and beans) that we eat at least 4-5 days as breakfast, accompanied by "tortillas" (from corn), cream or cheese, and coffee with late or just black coffee.
For lunch the most usual meal for us is soy meat with vegetables and greens, accompanied by tortillas (again!) and fruit juices (combined with water = "fresco").
Dinner: Pasta!!! (always exclaims happy my grandson :D:lol::lmao: sometimes with tomatoes, others days with vegetables... always with virgin olio :cool:
Delicious, simple ingredients. My kind of meals! I like the idea of rice and beans for breakfast... and I have corn tortillas in the freezer and keep forgetting to incorporate them into meals. [emoji854]

Mmmm pasta. It was a staple in my house growing up. [emoji492]