• > UPDATE Thread < Thanks to all who've DONATED to help with MobiTog's costs, please consider a small regular monthly sum, now possible under the new Donate tab! (NB - If all active MobiMembers Donate just £1/$1 per month it will cover our costs and help with expenditure for updates/improvements) A BIG THANK YOU ALL for your continued generosity & support!
  • PLEASE READ THIS THREAD < Tap for linky - MobiTog still has a few minor updates/improvements to complete... :)

I’m back

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
. . . been a couple or three years since I posted here . . .

(see one picture in Still Life)

jsi
Welcome back John. I’ve just commented on your bench. :D What have you been up to in those intervening years - honing your mobile photography skills? Lovely to have you back now. I’m looking forward to seeing more of your images.

jsi

MobiStarter
Real Name
John
Device
iPhone 6s
Welcome back John. I’ve just commented on your bench. :D What have you been up to in those intervening years - honing your mobile photography skills? Lovely to have you back now. I’m looking forward to seeing more of your images.
Brief Bio . . . .

On May 21, 2014 at 3:00 a.m. I had an unexpected stroke : my left carotid artery was completely blocked and no surgically (or otherwise) intervention was possible. I was 64 years of age.

Thus my previous life was ended.

I had to learn how to feed myself & to walk & to talk & to write, etc..

The struggle continues to reprogram my neural context accompanied by occasional flashes of insight.

Expect the Now

We each of us
Are slipping silently beneath
The waves of time.

That arm we glimpse outstretched
Beyond the line of breakers of then and now
Is our own.

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Brief Bio . . . .

On May 21, 2014 at 3:00 a.m. I had an unexpected stroke : my left carotid artery was completely blocked and no surgically (or otherwise) intervention was possible. I was 64 years of age.

The struggle continues to reprogram my neural context accompanied by occasional flashes of insight.

Expect the Now

We each of us
The waves of time.

Is our own.
Wow, now I wasn’t expecting that! But here you are, a testament to your strength of character and resilience. Maybe, in some small way, Mobitog and all of us here can help.

Venomator

MobiAdmin
Admin
Site Staff
Real Name
Rog...
Device
iPhone X
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Hey John, welcome back sir... :thumbs:

You have been through an awful lot in a very short space of time, I hope your quality of life is improving over time... :barf:

Just a quick admin type question - you refer to having been here before, but I cannot find a link for your history - what was your user name please? As you may know, duplicate memberships are not permitted, so we will have to think about the best way forward.

Sorry to be a pain on this, but it is good to have you posting again and I’m sure we’ll resolve this for you... :D

jsi

MobiStarter
Real Name
John
Device
iPhone 6s
Hey John, welcome back sir... :thumbs:

You have been through an awful lot in a very short space of time, I hope your quality of life is improving over time... :barf:

Just a quick admin type question - you refer to having been here before, but I cannot find a link for your history - what was your user name please? As you may know, duplicate memberships are not permitted, so we will have to think about the best way forward.

Sorry to be a pain on this, but it is good to have you posting again and I’m sure we’ll resolve this for you... :D
Venomater -

No Joy . . .

the left side of my brain is nonfunctional, along my memories of password & user name . . . I make do with my remaining brain lobe . . .

regards,

John

6344BCF4-467E-4729-9B03-052D90C3ACA3.jpeg

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
Hi John,

Welcome back to MobiTog, and thank you for sharing with us... you’ve been through a lot, that’s for sure, and the fact that you’re here feels like you’ve made some incredible progress. It’s amazing that you’ve found your way back to MobiTog. I hope that our community can help support you in some small way along your journey.

zenjenny

MobiStaff
Site Staff
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
Brief Bio . . . .

Expect the Now

We each of us
The waves of time.

Is our own.

Welcome back, John. Not sure if we coincided at MobiTog - I wonder if I arrived around the time you left?
What an ordeal you’ve been through - and bythesounds what a victory as well. Congrats on your recovery/rehabilitation: I hope life is better day-by-day.

How was it reconnecting with your photography? Easy/difficult/something else? Are you also a writer? That poem is very powerful and moving: is it one of yours or are you quoting ?

(Sounds like your L lobe has also recovered considerable function if you are talking, reading and writing, computing elements of photography, the sequencing and mechanics of uploading to and commenting on a website etc — congrats on that, too :thumbs: )

jsi

MobiStarter
Real Name
John
Device
iPhone 6s
Welcome back, John. Not sure if we coincided at MobiTog - I wonder if I arrived around the time you left?
What an ordeal you’ve been through - and bythesounds what a victory as well. Congrats on your recovery/rehabilitation: I hope life is better day-by-day.

How was it reconnecting with your photography? Easy/difficult/something else? Are you also a writer? That poem is very powerful and moving: is it one of yours or are you quoting ?

(Sounds like your L lobe has also recovered considerable function if you are talking, reading and writing, computing elements of photography, the sequencing and mechanics of uploading to and commenting on a website etc — congrats on that, too :thumbs: )

zenjenny -

(. . . I remember your name before my stroke . . .)

- I am living proof of epigenetic theory . . .

- I am living proof of Mindfulness (because I lack the left brain lobe . . . the site of the Mind-Monkey)

- and yes I write occasionally

- My present life is a life long process & not a rehabilitation attempt

regards,

jsi

zenjenny

MobiStaff
Site Staff
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
zenjenny -

(. . . I remember your name before my stroke . . .)

- I am living proof of epigenetic theory . . .

- I am living proof of Mindfulness (because I lack the left brain lobe . . . the site of the Mind-Monkey)

- and yes I write occasionally

- My present life is a life long process & not a rehabilitation attempt

regards,

jsi

Glad you’re here, John :)