ICM Photography - Intentional Camera Movement Discussion

Re: adding motion blur afterwards

Here’s a motion blur in iColorama: Effects>Blur>8 added twice to an image of coral-colored blooms and green leaves on a white background.

View attachment 167141

Of course, I couldn’t leave it at that. Deforms, Sort and Channels 6 (Invert) resulted in this.

View attachment 167142
Again, you astound with your iColorama genius. :notworthy:

I’ve had another go at a seaside view, using Slow Shutter cam again, and this time, tweaked brightness in Snapseed, and added some extra blur in iColorama.

I like how it has turned out, but I am mostly thrilled that we have some sunshine.
7E6CBA0C-EF7A-4618-A3DE-1718DC205484.jpg

We were out bright and early this morning as The Child wanted to ride her scooter at the park. It’s a gorgeous day and I got a couple of good shots. This is straight out of the phone - I know I said I like the smoother blur effect but this looks like a drawing or painting.
IMG_9096.jpg

We were out bright and early this morning as The Child wanted to ride her scooter at the park. It’s a gorgeous day and I got a couple of good shots. This is straight out of the phone - I know I said I like the smoother blur effect but this looks like a drawing or painting.View attachment 167593
Gorgeous. Like swimming underwater through the weeds.

DD12A397-F94C-4A10-8AA0-A3F007A6C498.jpeg

Morning impressions before coffee
Shot as DNG with Halide (ISO 25, shutter speed 1/6 seconds), developed in Lightroom, cropped in Photos

Although the subject isn't much, I do like the smooth look here vs. the stair-steppy look I usually get from Slow Shutter Cam.

View attachment 167708

Morning impressions before coffee
Shot as DNG with Halide (ISO 25, shutter speed 1/6 seconds), developed in Lightroom, cropped in Photos

Although the subject isn't much, I do like the smooth look here vs. the stair-steppy look I usually get from Slow Shutter Cam.
Interesting. Bookmarked that for future reference.

8B64ED9D-86AC-4CC2-BD12-C9510A3FCBBF.jpeg

Moore Creek, looking upstream
Slow Shutter Cam, Photos (where I amped the colors considerably)
Original capture attached as thumbnail

Attachments

• 7A544DE6-17CB-48E0-9706-1F45DC66770B.jpeg
    7A544DE6-17CB-48E0-9706-1F45DC66770B.jpeg
    88.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
109D1753-BF4C-440B-A641-17BE07F81037.jpeg

Capitola by the Sea
Moment cam (slow shutter w/camera motion), edited in Photos and ACDSee Pro

EDIT: What's different in the edit of this one compared to the soft & blurry one immediately above is that I applied a bunch of structure and sharpening at the very end. That gave it a whole different look by emphasizing the lines rather than the blur, which is what I was hoping for, although what I'd really like to find is something in between the two.

Last edited:
View attachment 168460

Capitola by the Sea
Moment cam (slow shutter w/camera motion), edited in Photos and ACDSee Pro

EDIT: What's different in the edit of this one compared to the soft & blurry one immediately above is that I applied a bunch of structure and sharpening at the very end. That gave it a whole different look by emphasizing the lines rather than the blur, which is what I was hoping for, although what I'd really like to find is something in between the two.
I love it... makes it look like a colored pencil sketch. And those colors! :hearteyes:

I’m back after a little break, thanks to my tablet not only refusing to be backed up but then requiring reset, resulting in the loss of a few week’s worth of images (just after I discovered the joys of Fotoda). The resulting strop (mine, not the ipad’s ) meant I wasn’t really feeling like taking any photos. Thankfully another week away has inspired me and I’ve got couple of images to share.
This one was taken today and I swear I haven’t tweaked the colours.
706421A3-1B02-499C-90BA-B6F62DE1387C.jpg

It reminds me of the Windows desktop wallpaper.

The second image has had some colour tweaking and I blurred some distracting details out of the lower half of the image. I like the texture of the rocks bottom right, but don’t know if they stand out too much with the rest of the image being blurred more?
7A0DA4CE-A98E-4882-9BFF-554BFD4CD9FA.jpg

ETA: Both taken with Slow Shutter, small tweaks in Snapseed and some blurring in Metabrush.

Last edited:
I’m back after a little break, thanks to my tablet not only refusing to be backed up but then requiring reset, resulting in the loss of a few week’s worth of images (just after I discovered the joys of Fotoda). The resulting strop (mine, not the ipad’s ) meant I wasn’t really feeling like taking any photos. Thankfully another week away has inspired me and I’ve got couple of images to share.
This one was taken today and I swear I haven’t tweaked the colours. View attachment 168788
It reminds me of the Windows desktop wallpaper.

The second image has had some colour tweaking and I blurred some distracting details out of the lower half of the image. I like the texture of the rocks bottom right, but don’t know if they stand out too much with the rest of the image being blurred more? View attachment 168789
ETA: Both taken with Slow Shutter, small tweaks in Snapseed and some blurring in Metabrush.
MetaBrush, huh? I never thought of trying that. :thumbs: The second one here came out especially well, particularly the clouds and the mist-like effect.

19C4982F-2A14-44E5-B512-2478490AD96D.jpeg

Downtown life
Bluristic in N mode w/camera motion (shot while walking), Photos, ACDSee Pro to lighten things up a bit

EDIT: Images usually come out dark when shooting in N mode, but if you edit them to lighten the shadows, you'll find there's more color and detail there than you'd expect.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom