ICM Photography - Intentional Camera Movement Discussion

I’m back after a little break, thanks to my tablet not only refusing to be backed up but then requiring reset, resulting in the loss of a few week’s worth of images (just after I discovered the joys of Fotoda). The resulting strop (mine, not the ipad’s ) meant I wasn’t really feeling like taking any photos. Thankfully another week away has inspired me and I’ve got couple of images to share.
This one was taken today and I swear I haven’t tweaked the colours. View attachment 168788
It reminds me of the Windows desktop wallpaper.

The second image has had some colour tweaking and I blurred some distracting details out of the lower half of the image. I like the texture of the rocks bottom right, but don’t know if they stand out too much with the rest of the image being blurred more? View attachment 168789
ETA: Both taken with Slow Shutter, small tweaks in Snapseed and some blurring in Metabrush.
Two great images Helen. I particularly love the second - that little bit of “structure” throughout the image appeals to me in particular. :thumbs:

I’m back after a little break, thanks to my tablet not only refusing to be backed up but then requiring reset, resulting in the loss of a few week’s worth of images (just after I discovered the joys of Fotoda). The resulting strop (mine, not the ipad’s ) meant I wasn’t really feeling like taking any photos. Thankfully another week away has inspired me and I’ve got couple of images to share.
This one was taken today and I swear I haven’t tweaked the colours. View attachment 168788
It reminds me of the Windows desktop wallpaper.

The second image has had some colour tweaking and I blurred some distracting details out of the lower half of the image. I like the texture of the rocks bottom right, but don’t know if they stand out too much with the rest of the image being blurred more? View attachment 168789
ETA: Both taken with Slow Shutter, small tweaks in Snapseed and some blurring in Metabrush.
I especially like the the way the clouds standout! And welcome back! We missed you!

Went for a short walk in the Brooklands Cemetery this evening before nearly getting locked in! So didn’t get far but got some good pics in the short time I was there.

AA332E61-5D8A-49A8-B2CD-B5AEB158246D.jpeg

Bluristic, Hipstamatic and Snapseed

Light is a fun app. The biggest issue I have with it is that it really exaggerates the highlights so often I’m left with a lot of white lines and squares. That’s where the invert filter comes in handy.
View attachment 171408
Yes, it does. I often turn the exposure wheel down low and I find it works better on overcast days.

Also, I stop it really quickly.

Yes, it does. I often turn the exposure wheel down low and I find it works better on overcast days.

Yes to all the above.
I tried Light for a while today and seem unable to turn the exposure down. It would go up but stopped at the 0. What I am i missing?

This image was taken on an extremely cold weekend in Wales. We were away when storm Arwen hit, and lost power for the day.

It was bitterly cold on the beach but such beautiful scenery. Plenty of weather for detail in the sky too.

Taken with Slow Shutter app, and I used Metabrush to smooth the image slightly.

DBC65AB9-4769-45ED-A450-89A8ACE91828.jpg

This image was taken on an extremely cold weekend in Wales. We were away when storm Arwen hit, and lost power for the day.

It was bitterly cold on the beach but such beautiful scenery. Plenty of weather for detail in the sky too.

View attachment 174798
Lovely. Like an abstract painting of the sea and sky.:notworthy:

View attachment 174798
Gorgeous…

View attachment 171399
Taken with Light the the Posterise filter applied within the app.
Light is a fun app. The biggest issue I have with it is that it really exaggerates the highlights so often I’m left with a lot of white lines and squares. That’s where the invert filter comes in handy.
View attachment 171408

I love these effects and I can’t believe there’s an abstrac-ish app I don’t know. Is it a camera app? Can’t see it on my Au App Store- can someone post a link please?

I thought I’d post here to wake the thread back up, and also to get some opinions on a photo. I took this yesterday using Slow Shutter, then tweaked it in Snapseed and smoothed some niggly bits in Metabrush. There is something about the twist/twirl part that I love, but I don’t know if it works in general - maybe it’s too abstract (it’s a beach).
A028C049-FA7A-4ACE-9A3C-7275FBFD13F0.jpg

Last edited:
I thought I’d post here to wake the thread back up, and also to get some opinions on a photo. I took this yesterday using Slow Shutter, then tweaked it in Snapseed and smoothed some niggly bits in Metabrush. There is something about the twist/twirl part that I love, but I don’t know if it works in general - maybe it’s too abstract (it’s a beach).View attachment 180200
i Think you answered the question yourself as to does it work, there’s part of it you love, so it doesn’t matter what others think of it. As your asking though I think it does.
if it were mine, I’d turn it into a noir mono perhaps, and that twist twirl bit, I’d burn to make it stand out in the image.
try putting into snapseed and start with selecting looks- Presets. I just did and it kinda started looking cool.:)

Last edited:
i Think you answered the question yourself as to does it work, there’s part of it you love, so it doesn’t matter what others think of it. As your asking though I think it does.
if it were mine, I’d turn it into a noir mono perhaps, and that twist twirl bit, I’d burn to make it stand out in the image.
try putting into snapseed and start with selecting looks- Presets. I just did and it kinda started looking cool.:)
I did try a few things and weirdly, adding grain made it look really interesting. I didn’t think about mono, will have another play around. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom